Forums
Posted By: ghostly1 Is this true? - 29th Sep 2009 12:15am
Just read on the amazing fact generator-

Signs such as those that state “Not Responsible for Your Car or Its Contents” carry no weight in court; they are posted simply to discourage people from pursuing any legal action.

Link

I dont believe everythin i read on the internet so I thought someone might know for sure?
Posted By: peodude Re: Is this true? - 29th Sep 2009 9:25pm
I think the car park story is true, they are not allowed to sign away their responsibilities under the Unfair Trading Regulations or Unfair Terms and Conditions Act, one of the two, however, i know definitely, if you leave your shoes at the bowling alley, or your coat at the cloakroom in a club, and it goes missing, then you are entitled to compensation for the second hand value of the item.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:04am
We live in a cul-de-sac and our rd gets chocker with parked cars when theres something going on on the mersey/ liverpool. Ex. Fireworks. Tall shipß
One of the naybors has put a 'private road' notice up which i dont think has any legal bearing atall?
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:13am
i don't think that's legal in any form of way unless it's for his driveway then fair enough.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:26am
No, she means the actual road. Be fun to see whether anyone takes any notice nxt week when theres fireworks for that ship. Lol.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:32am
i Doubt they will raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:51am
Another one 'tresspassers will be prosecuted' -thats civil law?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:56am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
No, she means the actual road. Be fun to see whether anyone takes any notice nxt week when theres fireworks for that ship. Lol.

The best notice to put up is asking people to be vigilant because car tyres are being slashed and paintwork scratched.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:58am
urgh...not sure on that one. usually it's used on private land or facilities used by companies. the main thing i'm thinking of here was when the Ark Royal came back to Liverpool Years back and we went down a fully open road to watch it down the Twelve Quay's. On the way back we noticed it was so called "private" but if it's private why wasn't it fenced off with gates and s**t
Posted By: DavidB Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:06pm
The supposed 'law' about having to put a sign up saying 'you are being filmed' and the evidence being allowed to be used in court - only if it is on public premises, you don't need to do this on your home. wink
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:33pm
Restrictions imposed by DPA
Putting up clear signs to say CCTV is in operation
only using fooage for the purpose for which it has been taken
only keeping footage for as long as it is needed
not releasing to third parties
keeping footage safe
If a camera has been set up to prevent crime the footage can be kept for as long as it is needed to detect and prosecute a crime, and can be passed to the police or relevant authorities for this purpose
Posted By: kimpri Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:37pm
if i lived in your close lid put notice up bollards across road stand there all day/night when somethings going put singh on kerb parking HERE £3 2 HOURS clean up...
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Is this true? - 1st Oct 2009 10:41pm
I thought there were resident parking enforced in Wallasey or is that only round Liscard
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Is this true? - 3rd Oct 2009 12:10pm
Just around liscard. One of the naybors did go the town hall and basically it would cost us.
Im not arsed meself-me mum ör me mates got a guaranteed parkin spec. Also its funny watchin her next door navigating the parked veichles- shes a nervous driver. Dunno how she passed tbh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral