Forums
Posted By: DavidB Reclaiming bank charges - 27th Mar 2009 7:16pm
Hi!
I got charged a few times for going a few quid overdrawn, I'm sure it was 30 quid each charge.
I've recently fallen on hardtimes and am getting charged left, right and centre for a bunch of direct debits that came out and were returned. This was another case of unauthorised overdraft and I've received about 300 quid so far. The companies will not cancel these DD's (insurance, etc) and cancelling the DD means charges from these companies as well, so I thought I might try it out with trying to reclaim.

I've done the letter from MSE website, and fortunately, I have every statement from when I started the account.
Does this actually work, and has anyone been successful? When I did contract work I was constantly getting paid late and money was always coming out when none was in there, I'm working out how much I've been charged in the past and I know I'm going to be horrified by the final result.

I'm not expecting anything and I'm not too bothered about getting money back, it's the fact that I hate the hypocrisy of the banks, especially recently. I'd rather give it to charity than having it sitting unlawfully in gold bullion in a vault.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Reclaiming bank charges - 27th Mar 2009 8:18pm
Isn't all this still awaiting results of a major court case.

If it is, bank charge refund claims are on hold
Posted By: DavidB Re: Reclaiming bank charges - 28th Mar 2009 12:58pm
The court case has been, I think it was good news.
Posted By: Mark Re: Reclaiming bank charges - 28th Mar 2009 1:22pm
Go for it you have nothing to loose,
there just in a que at the moment.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral