Forums
POLICE are issuing a warning after residents from across Merseyside have been targeted by a fictitious Spanish lottery.

Households in Wirral may have received unsolicited post stating that they have won a large number of Euros in a Spanish lottery game, named as Euromillones Spanish Lottery, despite having never bought a ticket.

In order to claim the “prize”, recipients are asked to reply to the letter. It is suspected that this would then be used to trick the victim into sending money to those responsible.

To contact the police locally, visit www.merseyside.police.co.uk or call the non-emergency number 709 6010.

Link
I'm sorry, but if you are stupid enough to believe you have won a sh!t load of money in a lottery you have never entered or heard of then you deserve all you get!!

*shakes head at how stupid people can be*
the girls got a point!
Thanks TC wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral residents warned over Spanish lottery scam - 4th Feb 2009 4:09pm
I suppose it makes a change from that nice Nigerian Prince who promises you a chunk of his millions from his bank account he needs your help with !!! MMMmmmmm... ?
if i believed the readers digest ive won £250.000 for the past 10 years running...
not everyone is wise to these scams im afraid.

My own mother was scammed in a similar way and send off money, She was down at work and skint when she got a very convincing letter through the door. She sent off £40 admin charges and pinned her finacial hopes on recieving a cash lump sum.

By the time I found out she had already sent off money to them and there was nothing I could do. frown I told her off and seen my arse a bit, but that just made her upset and I felt bad about it.

She is NOW wiser to these scams.

its the same as when everyone uses the internet for the first time and sees "Congratulations your a winner" banner. they are non the wiser.
yer wheels mate the other side of the coin!hear what your saying mate.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral