Forums
Posted By: Wench Guidance on Disclosure in Intoximeter Cases - 14th Jan 2009 1:46pm
I've put this link up as there was a discussion about disclosure and calibration in another thread. Instead of adding it to that post, I thought it may be a better idea to give it it's own post.

It is quite easy reading happy

clicky clicky
oh yes....easy read for some....deadly boring for others..
simple thing is...dont drink and drive!
Posted By: Wench Re: Guidance on Disclosure in Intoximeter Cases - 14th Jan 2009 6:48pm
Indeed it is!! I'm of the thought that it should be a zero limit, but I know some things can result in a positive test (apart from alcohol obviously). I know there was some research done in Spain I believe that stated that salbutamol could trigger a positive reading. I'll try and find it.

Maybe bringing the level down to 0.25mg/l instead of 0.35mg/l like it is in some parts of Europe think

Just out of curiousity, any idea if it's true about the PTT button triggering a positive test??
Posted By: Wench Re: Guidance on Disclosure in Intoximeter Cases - 14th Jan 2009 6:58pm
Here you are, the inhaler research. Knew I'd seen it somewhere wink

clickety click
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Indeed it is!! I'm of the thought that it should be a zero limit, but I know some things can result in a positive test (apart from alcohol obviously). I know there was some research done in Spain I believe that stated that salbutamol could trigger a positive reading. I'll try and find it.

Maybe bringing the level down to 0.25mg/l instead of 0.35mg/l like it is in some parts of Europe think

Just out of curiousity, any idea if it's true about the PTT button triggering a positive test??

only on the old breath test kits..new ones arent affected..however to negate any shenangins.. on the intoximeter (ie the proper machine at the station)...you leave your PR and mobile at the front desk..which is on CCTV and the custody record is also endorsed...
Posted By: Wench Re: Guidance on Disclosure in Intoximeter Cases - 14th Jan 2009 8:03pm
Thanks for clearing that up mate happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral