Forums
Posted By: Sanchez Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 1:42am
Does any one know where you would stand if you were to drive in to some ones car door if the opened it on you as your driving down the road.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 3:41am
theres been a post on this before, check in the new search dude smile
Posted By: bert1 Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 7:35am
Someone opened a car door on my wife as she was driving past causing damage to our car were the door and wing meet. The person who opened the door tried to say the door was already open only to be proven wrong by a police officer and the damage on our car. The police officer called it an Absolute Offence and threatened to charge her if she didn't own up to her wrong doing and pay for repairs. well she did and happy ending.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 11:28am
The previous thread was mine and differs slightly, in my case they opened the door onto the side of the car as we drove past.

Beacause of the damage location on the car the insurance companies said that they could tell when the door had been opened, in this instance I think it would be a case of proving when the door had been opened i.e;
If it had been open for 5 mins and you drove into it. - Your fault
If it was opened giving you enough time to stop (emergency stop)- 50/50
If you were going appropriate speed, or if it was opened at moment of impact giving you no notice or stopping distance. - Their fault.

I am assuming that you have driven into someones door, or has someone driven into yours.
Posted By: Wench Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 11:36am
Andy - I'll email you shortly.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 12:07pm
Cheers guy's, It hasn't happened....yet, im just sick of thoughtless pricks leaving their car doors open on narrow busy mainroads and wondering to myself............
Posted By: DavidB Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 1:07pm
I've thought the same. A woman did this right in front of me and I had the urge to take it straight off (I could've if I hadn't turn a massive sudden turn around it). She didn't seem too concerned she nearly lost her door, so I think it it's pretty certain the door opener would be in the wrong.

We had a postman who used to deliver to our place of work. He actually saw this once and delibrately took the door off in his post van!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 4:03pm
I hate that - when you're driving up the road and people can see you are about to pass them - they don't wait - they just open the door out into the road, expecting you to either slow down or drive in the middle of the road to avoid them!!!!!

I remember being taught from an early age that if you are getting in or out of a car you wait for cars to pass you by before you attempt opening the door.

Rant...over
Posted By: Colgo Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 4:16pm
Highway Code says "you MUST ensure you do not hit anyone when you open your door. Check for cyclists or other traffic"

Have a look Here
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 4:57pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
I hate that - when you're driving up the road and people can see you are about to pass them - they don't wait - they just open the door out into the road, expecting you to either slow down or drive in the middle of the road to avoid them!!!!!

I remember being taught from an early age that if you are getting in or out of a car you wait for cars to pass you by before you attempt opening the door.

Rant...over

Same here, is it just me or is there an extream lack of comunication from parents to children today, its like they are not getting taught simple life skills. No wonder crime and other drains on society are on the up.

All you parents out there - start talkin to your kids for gods sake, Or i will smash their doors off their cars !
Posted By: Wench Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 6:02pm
Glad it's not happened mate, I had all my questions ready for you and the name of my "boss" to give you too raftl

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 6:12pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez

Or i will smash their doors off their cars !

Your cars to good to do that in dude no
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 6:20pm
LOL, i wish, thats why im not bothered at the mo! infact its on ebay !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230317900339
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 6:23pm
lol, cheers J. soz i missed you before on msn, once again I was on the crapper !
Posted By: Wench Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 6:27pm
That's ok honey, I always seem to catch you with your pants down raftl
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 7:01pm
Wow smashing raftl
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 7:08pm
Originally Posted by ghostly1
Wow smashing raftl

serves him right..a corvette in yellow..its just wrong...
Posted By: hoseman Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 7:26pm
There is only ONE colour, i agree------ PINK!!!!
Only kidding before you put a `Hit` on me!!!
RED or RED!!!!! thumbsup
Posted By: Wench Re: Car door crash - 5th Jan 2009 7:57pm
Originally Posted by Beemertastic
Originally Posted by ghostly1
Wow smashing raftl

serves him right..a corvette in yellow..its just wrong...

More HIM in a yellow corvette than the corvette itself raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral