Forums
Posted By: hoseman Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 2:47pm
Just to be aware, heared this on the news the other day.
Now the lovely government hasnt published anything (to my knowledge!)about this one, but if you know better let us know.
It is illegal to have a football club logo on your number plate, has been for about 5 months now and imposes a £30 fine if caught! It is ok to have a country logo on tho!!
Does anyone know more?
Apparently the only time you know about it is when youre pulled!
The governments response is that it can be seen by rival supporters and you may be targeted!
The DAFT thing is that you can have your footy club plastered ALL over your car anyhow you like and THAT isnt against the law!!
Im sure others may know more on this!
Government f*ckw*ts!! somad
Sorry, put this in wrong topic and dont know how to move it to Auto section!!! computer illiterate me!!
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 2:57pm
Government f*ckw*ts!! \:m they are
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 3:02pm
i think its been illegal for longer than that. u can only buy said plate for show use anyhow as u now need v5 to get a `proper` reg plate. and the likes of the motor factors will not print them any way.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 3:06pm
any motor factors will print any number plate you like they sould,nt do tho wiv out docs but they do
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 3:24pm
but technicly it aint legit then
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 3:26pm
no its mad its just how the fuzz feel on the day who pull,s you i think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 4:08pm
what a joke no
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 4:17pm
thats the way of the motor world
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Number Plates - 14th Sep 2008 4:23pm
the 5-0 are pretty keen at the moment on reg plate devation.
I've had a fiar few 30 quid fines the past year. think I'm on 6 for this year, but finaly changed it now(well the rear one n e way)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Number Plates - 17th Sep 2008 7:51pm
Think they make things up as they go along, anything for a quick buck no

I got a £30 fine for having a dvd on whilst driving (my missus was watching a film) yet it isn`t illegal to have tommy on?

Whats the difference?
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Number Plates - 17th Sep 2008 11:26pm
depends if the officer can come to the conclusion that You (the driver) can see the screen
Posted By: DavidB Re: Number Plates - 29th Sep 2008 9:00am
Should've said you weren't watching the DVD as you were still driving the car on the road and not lodged into a fooking wall (officer). laugh
Did he get you on lack of concentration or something? Think that can be argued in court. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral