Forums
Posted By: jonno40 speed camera - 21st May 2008 12:14pm
just to warn members that there is a moblie speed camera on tollemache road.it is up by the swings on the rec opposite the start of the cemetery
Posted By: Anonymous Re: speed camera - 21st May 2008 1:11pm
thumbsup
Posted By: jonah Re: speed camera - 21st May 2008 1:54pm
police are out in force today everywhere, they on a41 by college entrance at eastham. one lane blocked pulling speeders/ un taxed/ un insured cars over, and at birkenhead tunnel entrance too by the rock...
Posted By: jonno40 Re: speed camera - 21st May 2008 2:09pm
I think they call it total policing ...ha ha smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: speed camera - 21st May 2008 2:11pm
Theres one by the Sycamore Garden Centre on the A41 too, with ANPR on board.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: speed camera - 29th May 2008 7:27am
shh
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 10:53am
Originally Posted by jonno39
just to warn members that there is a moblie speed camera on tollemache road.it is up by the swings on the rec opposite the start of the cemetery

its not a speed camera per se..it shows shows what speed your doing..it doesnt take fotos.. raftl
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 11:07am
Its one of them you see how fast you can go through it raftl wink
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 11:42am
er..yea..thats the one!...gimp
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 1:59pm
Bit harsh when i was only joking, Only said it cause i remember when there use to be one on the way to liscard when i use to bike to my old work, Always tried to see how fast i could get, Think i got 27mph the once hah raftl

You need to watch what you say to people Dave.......
Posted By: MGCraig Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 2:15pm
Well, you are a gimp Sean hahahahahaha

On a serious note, I think those camers that show you your speed, are good ideas. They make ya think, and slow down. Plus, the bonus is, you dont get a fine and 3 points on your licence
Posted By: MattLFC Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 2:16pm
Toto the speed sign on the dock road dont work, he went throught the other night/morning (early hours) at 25mph and got told to slow down by it grin
Posted By: jonah Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 3:54pm
there are now two digital speed cameras on a41 in the road works ovwer the bridge.... so people make sure you stick to 20mph.. !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 4:26pm
Originally Posted by jonah
there are now two digital speed cameras on a41 in the road works ovwer the bridge.... so people make sure you stick to 20mph.. !!!!!!!!!!!

Havent seen them yet..but hate to point this out folks..little known legislation...excess speed on a road whereby the speed limit is reduced due to roadworks...and that road ISNT a motorway..is only an non-endorsable offence..ie only a 30 quid ticket rather than 3 points n 60 quid..so IMHO...the cameras are more likely to be CCTV...watching as they have had some plant theft from the site..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 4:30pm
A bit related to that road, although not about a speed camera so off topic, but just wondered if you can explain why further down it, bout half way between the road works and Macdonalds, there are traffic lights, but there is one set (just one) that has like bars across the green light and this makes it immensly difficult to see the green light in a car, especially on a bright day, you usually tell first of all by looking to see if their not on red or Amber to know if they are green or not.

Do you know the reason for this seemingly random affair Audi?

Cheers!

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 4:35pm
They put the made double set of lights in to allow for the fact they took the footbridge away...to stop oiks dropping paving flags on peoples cars n killing them...
As to why the lights having shuttering on them...its so they can only be seen by the people who should be obeying..and again if you cant see them i suggest you get your eyes checked...and you prehaps shouldnt be driving!!!!!!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 4:39pm
Had my eyes checked not so long ago (to do with migraines) and was given an excellent report on both long and short vision. But they are a pain in the arse, I just dont see what is wrong with normal green lights, like the rest of the road lol.

Oh btw, I spoke to my cousin a few months back, he said he thinks he knows you, his name is Richard Lee, lives in Wallasey but is based over in Liverpool, cant say for deffinate what station.

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 4:44pm
lol..matt i was pulling your leg over your eyes mate!
i have no idea why they are shuttered particualrly..but someone whos paid more than you and I has deemed that they should be...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 4:47pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic
lol..matt i was pulling your leg over your eyes mate!

sorry

i have no idea why they are shuttered particualrly..but someone whos paid more than you and I has deemed that they should be...

Typical bloody council, probably got them on the cheap cos nobody else needed em lol.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 5:05pm
i dont see the point in the cameras that tell u how fast u are going, i mean, wtf is the point in having a speedometer on ya car in the first place? haha!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 5:09pm
They are a speed calming measure mate, they give speeders a polite reminder that they are speeding, and advise them to slowdown, without any underhand goings on (tickets, points etc).

They are only usually placed in strategical locations (accident spots, roadworks, common speeding places etc).

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 6:34pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
without any underhand goings on (tickets, points etc)

err..would you like to either retract that or rephrase that comment please..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 6:56pm
Thats a dig towards the government to be honest mate. A lot of speed camera's are seen as piggy banks.

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 7:22pm
lol..and alot are in place to slow people when its necessary..like the one on the a41 by cammel lairds..its stops every fker crashing into the hotel california!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 9:27pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic
lol..and alot are in place to slow people when its necessary..like the one on the a41 by cammel lairds..its stops every fker crashing into the hotel california!

including the police lol... i remember i got nicked... guy was flyin down the a41, couldnt see the speedo but it was easily 50mph+

slammed his anchors on as soon as he approached the camera lol
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: speed camera - 5th Jun 2008 9:49pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
A bit related to that road, although not about a speed camera so off topic, but just wondered if you can explain why further down it, bout half way between the road works and Macdonalds, there are traffic lights, but there is one set (just one) that has like bars across the green light and this makes it immensly difficult to see the green light in a car, especially on a bright day, you usually tell first of all by looking to see if their not on red or Amber to know if they are green or not.

Do you know the reason for this seemingly random affair Audi?

Cheers!

smile

when your heading towards bromborough, the set of lights in front turn green first then 10 seconds later the set behind turn green. i've seen countless times when idiots who aren't paying attention go when the set of lights in front turns green! so imo its a good idea that the shutter things are on!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral