Forums
Posted By: Beemertastic new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 8:03pm
Hey boys and girls...theres a new unmarked volvo..havent seen it yet..but its dark blue...and not a T5...think its an s50...not sure havent actually seen it yet...but the cameras an lights etc are VERY VERY well hidden apparently.
Its brand spanking new and paid for by the council as part of the roadsafe scheme...targeting mobile phone users and speeders...got ANPR and VASCAR in it...and will be driven by advanced drivers....so yes it WILL chase you...
as soon as i get the reg plate/any more info I will update!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 8:05pm
Cheers matey, much appreciated... no excuse for speeding or using the mobile phone though, so we should all be okay haha!

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 8:07pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Cheers matey, much appreciated... no excuse for speeding or using the mobile phone though, so we should all be okay haha!

smile

indeed..but you know i play fair and on a level playing field!
Posted By: spinking Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 8:21pm
Cheers matey agree with matty but its good they are cracking down on this
Posted By: Waddi Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 8:59pm
Whats VASCAR?

Are they on a no-tolerance aswell, or is it still the 10% + 4mph over the speed limit guidelines.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:14pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VASCAR

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:15pm
VASCAR?
Tracks your speed over a distance.

Then Nicks you.

I was introduced the VASCAR The first day that fix fines
for speeding was introduced mad
Posted By: Waddi Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:23pm
so is it an average speed over a certain distance as in:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:26pm
They just work out the time it took you to get from point a to point b, and then get the average speed from the distance covered between the two points.

Either way, VASCAR is one of the tools that can catch you speeding.

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:40pm
So if your on a 50mph road, i,e new ferry bypass. and the a-b points are at either end. then you can do 70 half the way, as long as you only do 30 for the rest of the way, lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:43pm
Lol yeah, summit along them lines.

SPECS are the ones that you can usually avoid, the ones that are randomly along some UK motorways. Tis good because it means if you creep over the speed limit for a short while, even by a great amount, it gives you a chance to redeem yourself lol.

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:50pm
wonder if ANPR can be acquired for personal use.
Posted By: Waddi Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:51pm
suppose accessing the database would be the downfall of my plan.
Posted By: Mark Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 9:57pm
Just write off to DVLA give a fair enough reason
that you want the details of the reg plate,

and wam bam, you have the details of a car..

Its all over watch dog at the moment,
how these private parking companies just acquire the details
willy nilly..
Posted By: Waddi Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 10:39pm
I meant whilst on the road, using a ANPR mounted on your rear bumper reading the reg of the car behind, accessing the database and telling you if it is a copper.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 17th Mar 2008 11:21pm
I think they have a Vascar installed permantly on laird street.. Camera out side the fisherman and the one on the man island on the junction of mallaby street when theres a Stop check in the Arriva or when the mobile camera is out im sure they would use it smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 4:10am
Originally Posted by SoundLad
I think they have a Vascar installed permantly on laird street.. Camera out side the fisherman and the one on the man island on the junction of mallaby street when theres a Stop check in the Arriva or when the mobile camera is out im sure they would use it smile

Ooooo shit... I hope it dont work often... I know a lot of people that do in excess of 35 down that road heh!

smile
Posted By: jonno40 Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 8:58am
Think VASCAR is vehicle and helicopter based
Posted By: chriskay Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 9:54am
Originally Posted by WADDI

Are they on a no-tolerance as well, or is it still the 10% + 4mph over the speed limit guidelines.

I'm sure Auditastic can confirm, but as far as I know, ACPO guideline is 10% + 2 MPH (& that's when they start ticketing, not what they allow).

Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: AR_One Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 10:23am
I used to work for the software company that wrote one of the ANPR systems that UK Police use and our MD was driving home one day on the M1 when he got pulled doing 65.

When he enquired why, they Police said "have a look at our screen". It turned out that the test data hadn't all been cleared out of their system and whoever had been testing it had done it the car park at work - the boss's car produced some kind of rude message and instructions to stop that car at all costs! grin
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 10:33am
Originally Posted by chriskay

Are they on a no-tolerance as well, or is it still the 10% + 4mph over the speed limit guidelines.

I'm sure Auditastic can confirm, but as far as I know, ACPO guideline is 10% + 2 MPH (& that's when they start ticketing, not what they allow).

Cheers, Chris.

10 % plus 3 is ACPO....but as indvidual officers we tend to use our "powers of discretion" and set it a little higher...depends on the day/location/officers/attitude of offender really.
Posted By: chriskay Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 10:54am
Thanks for the clarification.
Posted By: Mark Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 11:10am
Lets just hope he just hasn't bought an Audi

Or we will be getting done for getting it the car lol
Posted By: StuyMac Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 2:39pm
Interesting - does this have the extra RVM on the N/S pillar for the passenger?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 4:59pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac

rvm...what are you on about...?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 5:00pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Lets just hope he just hasn't bought an Audi

Or we will be getting done for getting it the car lol

and hell yes...someones gonna pay for my audi!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 5:01pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic

Just leave him too it, i dont think even he does
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 5:06pm
Originally Posted by sanchez

Just leave him too it, i dont think even he does

if hes saying room..and therefore insinuating that some of my colleagues are a little..."chunky"....id say hes probably right...but best not to say really!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 5:08pm
wonder if ANPR can be acquired for personal use.

er no..sorry!
Posted By: Mark Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 5:35pm
Your skint ->>
Every Man Has a Price lol
Posted By: StuyMac Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 6:50pm

Rear View Mirror - dont the traffic cars have an extra mirror above the wing mirror for the passenger?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 7:00pm
(Off Topic) India sierra whisky india romeo romeo alpha lima sierra tango india lima lima charlie oscar delta echo november alpha mike echo delta alpha lima papa hotel alpha ? Alpha november delta india bravo echo tango yanky oscar uniform romeo golf lima alpha delta tango hotel oscar sierra echo bravo echo echo papa sierra alpha romero echo golf oscar november echo ? laugh sorry...
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 7:35pm

Rear View Mirror - dont the traffic cars have an extra mirror above the wing mirror for the passenger?

nope..not all...T5s tend to but not always...they are more for the driving school cars...
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 7:37pm
(Off Topic) India sierra whisky india romeo romeo alpha lima sierra tango india lima lima charlie oscar delta echo november alpha mike echo delta alpha lima papa hotel alpha ? Alpha november delta india bravo echo tango yanky oscar uniform romeo golf lima alpha delta tango hotel oscar sierra echo bravo echo echo papa sierra alpha romero echo golf oscar november echo ? laugh sorry...

raftl Alpha is wirral..and you tuned out to the beeps....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 18th Mar 2008 10:05pm

pmsl, sheer genious, i woundered what the hell you were going on about, the penny has just dropped.....took awhile to read though raftl
Posted By: Colgo Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 19th Mar 2008 10:15am
Originally Posted by chriskay

Cheers, Chris.

10 % plus 3 is ACPO....but as indvidual officers we tend to use our "powers of discretion" and set it a little higher...depends on the day/location/officers/attitude of offender really.

North Wales obviously has different rules. I got done for 34 in a 30, was well pleased. was in a line of about 25 cars all doing the same speed, an easy £1500 for North Wales Constabulary
Posted By: Mark Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 19th Mar 2008 10:25am
Thats Pro Speed Trapping... Gutted.

I wonder if they have a wall chart of Best Hits of the day.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 19th Mar 2008 1:59pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Thats Pro Speed Trapping... Gutted.

Ahhhhh there's a fine art to this shit grin
Posted By: Mark Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 19th Mar 2008 2:27pm
You can hear them

"Now Sarg, Now Sarg"

As he lines up a shot...
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 20th Mar 2008 6:28pm
er folks..it appears ive given you some duff gen...the car is SILVER not dark blue...and its an s50 estate....
Posted By: Mark Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 20th Mar 2008 7:06pm
Bloody hell that Audi really screwed you up omg
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 20th Mar 2008 8:55pm
it doesnt help...when i havent seen the sodding thing yet!..been off work for the last 2 weeks nearly...
Posted By: fordsteve Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 20th Mar 2008 8:57pm
lol
Posted By: Paul450 Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 2nd Apr 2008 1:36pm
er folks..it appears ive given you some duff gen...the car is SILVER not dark blue...and its an s50 estate....

It spends many hours on the New Ferry Bypass going from Lairds to the Village Hotel and back (mid day during week). I've seen it pull over many cars in the past few weeks.

I'll have to get the reg.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 2nd Apr 2008 3:54pm
There was a pug estate down new Brighton last night, Silvery colour, Thats all i know sorry frown
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 2nd Apr 2008 7:24pm
right folks..Ive seen it properly..its an 07 plate..s50 silver estate...something like PN07...cant remember the rest.
its got Digital Video Vascar in it and they boys in it are having a field day issuing tickets...showing NO mercy whatsoever... so dont expect any!
lights and camera all round..very very well hidden..
One of my er...colleages fell foul of it and was promptly and rightly dealt with...the same as everyone else!
Posted By: SoundLad Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 2nd Apr 2008 10:42pm
Basically just look out for any car with a PN registration @_@
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 2nd Apr 2008 11:47pm
spotted a blue jag on the 53 on thursday, had pulled some1 on the sholder just after the clatterbrige exit
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 3rd Apr 2008 11:41am
Originally Posted by exploding_penguin
spotted a blue jag on the 53 on thursday, had pulled some1 on the sholder just after the clatterbrige exit

yup..it been around for ages...and is a bag of spanners!
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 11th Jun 2008 3:03am

so for people that do not know the phonetic alphabet the above translates to :-

IS WIRRAL STILL CODE NAMED ALPHA ?AND I BET YOUR GLAD THOSE BLEEPS ARE GONE

thumbsup happy
Posted By: SoundLad Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 11th Jun 2008 10:46pm
lol scott happy tease
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 12th Jun 2008 12:42am
Originally Posted by Scott_F

so for people that do not know the phonetic alphabet the above translates to :-

IS WIRRAL STILL CODE NAMED ALPHA ?AND I BET YOUR GLAD THOSE BLEEPS ARE GONE

thumbsup happy

I know it due to being in the army tease

I hear the jag has gone ? This true ?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 12th Jun 2008 11:46am
nope..the jag is still in liverpool..sorry folks
it does play over here every now and then
Posted By: spinking Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 12th Jun 2008 3:34pm
Had some nice officers stop me in a vw people carier things the other day SILVER nice lads kept me 25mins after checking everything on me apart from my underpants let me go raftl

Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 20th Jun 2008 11:22pm
yep pn07 volvo on woodchurch road with 3 police checking cars earlier tonight sitting in lewis reeds entrance quite often see it sitting in bowness road
Posted By: Waddi Re: new unmarked on the wirral - 21st Jun 2008 9:13pm
i take it you mean Renault Wirral? Lewis reed sold up about xmas time, Brother in law works there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral