Forums
Posted By: Pomp Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 5:23am
Just returning from Sheffield to liverpool and as the motorway ended there was a bloody speed camera!!!!!!! It was night roughly half 4am and I saw the dam speed camera but i thought it was a 60mph limit so i slowed down to 60 and i got flashed!! mad it was supose to be a 50mph limits arghhh!! pissed off, they put that camera there just to catch people out!

So what are the penaltys?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 5:37am
Gutted for ye fella, £60 fine and 3 point's, think you will be able to take em in you're name, but ya mum will get them first because she own's the car, then you will have to admit liability or summit...

Never had a speeding ticket so dont really know how it work's to be honest. Am sure Audi will confirm.

But remember, it may not even have film in, so don't stress too much until you actually recieve the notice, should be within the next 2 weeks if you are gonna get done for it iirc.

Around Merseyside, only 24% of speed cam's are actually active/got film at any one time, so ye got a 1 in 4 chance of getting fooked. Although if it flashed, I dunno if inactive one's still flash, I would assume they probably do though to shit driver's up/remind them not to speed... would make sense!

frown
Posted By: jonah Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 7:29am
is this the one at the end of the m62 pomp ? if so i travelled that way alot before being off, and very often saw thepowers that be at the camera checking the film/ downloading the pics.... Hopefully this time tho there was no film in it !
Posted By: GaryB Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 1:13pm
I take it you don't use that motorway much then, that camera has been there since the beginning of time! So many crashs are caused by it though - through people slamming on and sliding/skidding - ironic eh!

Gutted for you though. frown
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 1:53pm
Not sure if this is urban myth or not, but someone on another forum i use maintains the database that issues points when you get caught.
Pay the fine by cheque if £60 send one for £61, you'll get a refund cheque for £1, DO NOT CASH IT!
The system supposedly is unable to issue points until the ballance has been settled.

Worth a try.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 2:03pm
That was true, and was a bug in the system, doesnt work anymore frown

If its your first 3 points, dont worry about it smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 2:15pm
Originally Posted by jonah
is this the one at the end of the m62 pomp ?

Thats the one Jonah

Originally Posted by GaryB
I take it you don't use that motorway much then, that camera has been there since the beginning of time! So many crashs are caused by it though - through people slamming on and sliding/skidding - ironic eh!

Gutted for you though. frown

I mainly take the m56 route but I went up with my cousin an he has a flat over at liverpool so I dont really know the roads that well etc

Originally Posted by StuyMac
That was true, and was a bug in the system, doesnt work anymore frown

If its your first 3 points, dont worry about it smile

an yep will be my first 3 points if it goes through
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 5:49pm
Originally Posted by CustomIce
Not sure if this is urban myth or not, but someone on another forum i use maintains the database that issues points when you get caught.
Pay the fine by cheque if £60 send one for £61, you'll get a refund cheque for £1, DO NOT CASH IT!
The system supposedly is unable to issue points until the ballance has been settled.

Worth a try.

load of crap...ul get the points..promise
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 5:50pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic
Originally Posted by CustomIce

Worth a try.

load of crap...ul get the points..promise

The car's in his mum's name... am I right in assuming his mum will get the point's first, then he will have to admit liability and take them?

Don't think he want's his mum to find out from the sounds of things lol!
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 5:55pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

The car's in his mum's name... am I right in assuming his mum will get the point's first, then he will have to admit liability and take them?

Yes you are right Matty, I know this 1000000000% wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 5:55pm
Loooooooool grin

Unlucky lmao
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 8:04pm
first it has to flash twice,then two photos have to be produced by the police before they can prosecute, without these they have no case, only one in 10 cameras have actually got a camera in as they get rotated round as each camera costs 20,k. the penalty will be issued to the car owner and they reply on the form in the section stating they were not driving but are aware who was.

the not so legal way of doing thing is

1. put a bus/truck tyre round the camera filled with newspaper and oil and fire it!!

2.go put brand new plates on your car and say its been sat a few days to the police and some one has swiped the old plates off it!!

you could get anything from 3 to 6 points for it. what kind of road was it and was the speed limit clearly indicated (rob the signs)

hope this helps, and yes I have been through one or three thousand my self.

P.S snoopers can be bought from 40 sqiud on ebay
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 8:10pm
Im afraid that "one in 10 camera's" statistic is untrue; the safety partnership's released the figure's ages ago, and if I can find the magazine they were reviewed in where i read about the 24% figure in Merseyside being active at any one time ill post it; that is 1 in 4 which rule's out the 1 in 10 dont have camera's in.

Also, the 24% figure meanrs that 24% are active/have film in, not that only 24% have camera's in; they would deactivate say 2 camera's, and then re-activate 2 camera's elsewhere to ensure the level stay's at 24%.

smile
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 8:14pm
wow merseyside likes cameras
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 8:15pm
Some area's of the country were even higher... although a lot were lower; I seem to recall London only had a figure of summit like 14%, but then there are that many around there, that's probably a damn big number lol grin
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 8:19pm
move to county durham, number of cameras, nil!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 8:19pm
I just avoid speeding, less hassle then moving house... raftl
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 8:31pm
sometimes i dont have a choice, when i first came here with my car i was driving just on greens and got flashed and got done 3 points and fined (46 in a 30, it was later annulled) but i had to take the paramedics driving course so i could drive on blues, as a medical unit this (unlike fire engines and police or standard greens doctors) gives me the legal right to give way if needed when i should stop and continue my journey. as for normal driving tho (no blues) i have to adhere (common sense) to road laws.

as for not being in the area and not knowing the road well all i can say is if the speed is well indicated its a case of waiting until the letter arrives.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 14th Feb 2008 10:27pm
I recommend a Talex lite GPS speed camera detector.

Pomp, I know its worrying, but it is just a case of sitting and waiting. I was flashed on the M56 just before crimbo, when it was reduced to 40 or 50 and I continued through at 70, unaware of the reduced limit. After talking to Audi about night vision on cameras, I was on tender hooks for 2weeks waiting for a letter, but nothing arrived so happy days.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 15th Feb 2008 12:16am
I was sayin to me cousin after i got flashed "wished i had dirty plates now" raftl but I follow the rules of the roads so I always keep them nice an clear and even when the dam road was clear all the way from shef to liverpool i was going by the rules 70mph but maybe some times 60-65mph just to save on some fuel but yeh all the way until from that last "motorway end" caught me out.

Am not bothered just wanted to know the penaltys as they are getting worse these days.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 15th Feb 2008 12:20am
thats is whats called sods law mate
Posted By: vick1 Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 15th Feb 2008 9:00pm
If you have a TomTom navigation system you can get the files from any torrent site to help show speed cameras etc. I use them on mine to flash a speed limit and also red light and speed camera locations. It's really handy. I've noticed an increase in mobile speed traps lately. One is a van down by Aldi on Laird Street (Birkenhead), radar on Park Road West (both ends), Tollemache Road (by Bidston Avenue) and at the end of the New Ferry Bypass.
I tend to stick to speed limits! If you do say someone else was driving the car make sure they are insured to drive it or you get done for perverting the course of justice!
I've looked at the many products that claim to obscure your numberplate, but none of them work. Sprays, films and god knows what else, not one company director would demonstrate using their own car! The only things that do work are the covers made with an LCD display that turn black when plugged in to the cigarette lighter socket. I still think it's only inappropriate speed that can kill.

Posted By: Pomp Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 16th Feb 2008 3:30am
Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by vick1
I still think it's only inappropriate speed that can kill.

Auditastic would say speed doesnt kill its the impact at the end that does wink

Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 12:22am
Originally Posted by Pomp
Thanks for the info.

I still think it's only inappropriate speed that can kill.

Auditastic would say speed doesnt kill its the impact at the end that does wink

amen to that brother!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 12:24am

! The only things that do work are the covers made with an LCD display that turn black when plugged in to the cigarette lighter socket.

thats still a good pervert the course of justice...crown court time and do not pass go do not pick up 200 quid etc etc....
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 12:27am
Originally Posted by placidmaster
i have to adhere (common sense) to road laws.

as for not being in the area and not knowing the road well all i can say is if the speed is well indicated its a case of waiting until the letter arrives.

tip 101 with british speed laws.
If there IS street lights present (and less than 600 m apart) and there are no "repeater" signs showing 40, 50 60 etc then its a 30 limit...
tip 102...side street are ususally 30 mph limits....if the main road isnt a 30 mph limit there must be 30 limit signs at the junction...if there isnt...the main road is a 30 mph limit!

Trust me i know what im talking about!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 12:29am
Originally Posted by placidmaster
first it has to flash twice,then two photos have to be produced by the police before they can prosecute, without these they have no case, only one in 10 cameras have actually got a camera in as they get rotated round as each camera costs 20,k. the penalty will be issued to the car owner and they reply on the form in the section stating they were not driving but are aware who was.

the not so legal way of doing thing is

1. put a bus/truck tyre round the camera filled with newspaper and oil and fire it!!

2.go put brand new plates on your car and say its been sat a few days to the police and some one has swiped the old plates off it!!

you could get anything from 3 to 6 points for it. what kind of road was it and was the speed limit clearly indicated (rob the signs)

hope this helps, and yes I have been through one or three thousand my self.

P.S snoopers can be bought from 40 sqiud on ebay

er nice try...but dont bother...really...dont bother
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 12:32am
Whats funny about the Laird Street van is infact its using 2 Cameras.. YES 2 camers.. If you look outside of the Fisherman there is a Camera which has WI-FI attenna on the top what this does is sends the a calculation from the Camera there and the on on the Roundabout on Mallaby Street... So beaware tease Or in othercases its just so the Police can monitor Carrington Street from Laird Street Bridewell ? But dunno maybe it is the calculation of distnace ?
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 1:21am
take the pic then send it to a server, instant
Posted By: vick1 Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 1:28am
I noticed the cameras on poles, some of the local twoc crew live nearby.

Some of the pictures on speedcam might make you feel better.
speedcam.co.uk/index2.htm

I tend to stick to speed limits much to the annoyance of other drivers.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 1:32am
been so long since i was there, road angel and snooper would be saving my bacon, i dont speed unless working but i imagine many areas have changed down there now. is new brighton roads still mad or have they had major surgery done to them??
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 1:33am
the ford estate used to be a bit mental for people booting it too
Posted By: chriskay Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 10:35am

tip 101 with british speed laws.
If there IS street lights present (and less than 600 m apart)

Think you'll find it's 183 metres (was 200 yards)apart. For some reason, in Scotland it's 185 metres.

Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: jonah Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 11:13am
raftl and thats tellin u 'tastic' raftl pc
Posted By: chriskay Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 12:36pm
Originally Posted by jonah
raftl and thats tellin u 'tastic' raftl pc

Glad I don't live on his patch! pc Actually, his figure of 600 is about right, if it was feet.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 9:22pm
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Whats funny about the Laird Street van is infact its using 2 Cameras.. YES 2 camers.. If you look outside of the Fisherman there is a Camera which has WI-FI attenna on the top what this does is sends the a calculation from the Camera there and the on on the Roundabout on Mallaby Street... So beaware tease Or in othercases its just so the Police can monitor Carrington Street from Laird Street Bridewell ? But dunno maybe it is the calculation of distnace ?

omg...you have the worlds MOST active imagination...its not that techincal...one does speed..the other does anpr....or one does speed towards and the other does speed away..yup folks sorry to disapoint its that dull
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 9:23pm
omg...you have the worlds MOST active imagination...its not that techincal...one does speed..the other does anpr....or one does speed towards and the other does speed away..yup folks sorry to disapoint its that dull

raftl
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 9:25pm
get out more lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 9:31pm
i get out enough thanks...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 9:33pm

Hard not to in you're line of work grin
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 9:33pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Hard not to in you're line of work grin

my point exactly lol
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 10:22pm
then stay home lol
Posted By: chiccy Re: Arghhh dammit! Speed Cammed! - 18th Feb 2008 10:25pm
audiiiiiiii hiii

**waves**

pmsl!! jonah says hows ya holidays? thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral