Forums
Posted By: Mark Home Sellers Info Pack - 15th Apr 2007 10:18am
Home Seller's Packs - June 1st 2007

Home Sellers Packs are coming to the fore again as the Government prepares to make Home Information Packs compulsory on June 1st 2007.

However following pressure from the opposition Conservative party and a petition signed by 130 MPs in early July 2006, part of the proposed content of the Home Information Pack, the Home Condition Report was scrapped.

The Home Condition Report was effectively replacing the need for a survey and would have been paid for by the seller rather than the buyer.

The official reason given was that mortgage lenders were not going to recognise Home Condition Reports as a substitute for a survey, which meant they were effectively useless.

Great news for the professional surveyors and Estate Agencies. Bad news for innocent home buyers

Worries that it might interfere with the property market was also seen as a concern from ministers with the housing minister, Yvette Cooper, stating that she didn’t want a ‘big bang’ effect on the housing market.

The Home Condition Report was the heart of the Home Information Pack and without it, it seems a waste of time and money from both the buyers and sellers point of view.

The Home Information Pack will now include:

• A sale statement with the address of the property, who is selling it, and information on whether or not it is being sold with vacant possession.

• Copies of title documents or deeds proving owners Home Information Pack.
    Replies to standard searches such as planning permissions, road schemes, water and drainage.

• Warranties and guarantees for any building work.

• An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), required under an EU directive, which gives A-G ratings on the home and practical measures to cut fuel bills and carbon emissions.

• Property Use Forms (with details of neighbour or boundary disputes and work carried out) and Contents Forms (fixtures and fittings) are still grey areas. It may be that these can be left blank.

And of course Subject to Change wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Home Sellers Info Pack - 15th Apr 2007 11:31am
i thought this is ment to be a car site, it seems more like a news report site
Posted By: Pomp Re: Home Sellers Info Pack - 15th Apr 2007 12:20pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
i thought this is ment to be a car site, it seems more like a news report site

Its the exclusive all in one package, u join the car section, u join the lot! Abit like Total Fitness " MEMBER OF ONE CENTRE, MEMBER OF ALL " quoted from my members card
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Home Sellers Info Pack - 15th Apr 2007 1:08pm
lol, good reply !
Posted By: Tubbs Re: Home Sellers Info Pack - 18th Apr 2007 8:48pm
Strangely enough, i called the estate agent today about this and they said that if your home is up for sale before JUNE 1st 2007,

Then you will not need the new info pack until March 2008..

Providing it stays up for sale in that period.

Hope that helps smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral