Forums
Posted By: Wheels bloody tax disk help - 5th Apr 2007 8:31pm
i was on my way home from work this morning and my tax disc holder fell off when i turned a corner and fell on the floor. i got home and forgot to put it back on the window (needed sleep so bad)

got to my car today to find out sum gimp pc has put a ticket on it saying the details have been forward to the DVLA. mad

what will happen? the DVLA will see on there records that it is taxed.

the lad across the road seen the pc on his yellow moped checking everything on my car tyres ect. mad

Its just my friggin luck.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: bloody tax disk help - 5th Apr 2007 10:33pm
Originally Posted by whelan
what will happen? the DVLA will see on there records that it is taxed.

I'm guessing so.

As long as it's taxed, you should be ok. smile
Posted By: Mark Re: bloody tax disk help - 5th Apr 2007 11:28pm
As above, thaey may contact you to make sure its not nicked or somthing.

All you need to say is that it come off the window with the warm weather and rolled under the seat.

And you corrected it once you realised.

I'm not sure if its an offence not to show a valid disc,
i think were in the transition of not all the gimps having
the abuility to contact DVLA on a network.

You should be ok, dont worry,
let us know if anything does happen wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: bloody tax disk help - 6th Apr 2007 12:59am
You have to display the tax disc for it to be completely valid. This is to prevent you from say insuring one car and using the tax disc to keep another on the road.

You will need to take it to court to get the penalty waivered i think.
Posted By: Wheels Re: bloody tax disk help - 6th Apr 2007 10:43am
im gonna pop down the police station and see what they say.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: bloody tax disk help - 6th Apr 2007 11:06am
Wouldnt bother mate.

DVLA will check your details and find the car is taxed. Should anything get said just produce your tax disk and you'll be fine smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: bloody tax disk help - 6th Apr 2007 4:47pm
just been and the very unhelpful woman on the desk just said you will be fined. end of. frown
Posted By: Mark Re: bloody tax disk help - 6th Apr 2007 5:19pm
For what?

Not displaying a Tax Disc?

It was outside your house wasn't it?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: bloody tax disk help - 6th Apr 2007 5:29pm
Originally Posted by Mark
For what?

Not displaying a Tax Disc?

A fine would seem right if you were caught by the local constabulary driving or not, as it is an offence not to display your tax disk.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: bloody tax disk help - 6th Apr 2007 6:38pm
I think its fair enough your probably best to just accept the fine, and be glad that no points where involved.

The tax disc wasnt displayed, as the woman says, end of lol. Am sounding harsh here, but I suppose its a lesson to us all, its not worth the risk, it wouldnt have taken much to plonk it in the windscreen whether you were tired or not. Ive twice gotten parking tickets, not because I have parked illegally, but because I have forgotten to show any time once (I was max 10 minutes) and the second was because I didnt display it very clearly. So both times, I was in the wrong, even though I hadnt stayed longer then the permitted time on either. So I just accepted the fines, paid them and got on with life.

Mark, it doesnt matter whether the car was outside his house or not, the taxation rules still apply, unless its on a private driveway or private land. If it was on private land or a private driveway, then you have a case.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral