Forums
Posted By: Mark Total Policing operation nets 116 cars - 13th Mar 2007 5:16pm
Merseyside Police stopped drivers from across the region yesterday as part of the Chief Constable's Total Policing initiative. Officers across the county carried out a day of targeted activity on the main arterial routes into Liverpool City Centre.

The "ring of steel" placed around the city centre was designed to deny criminals the use of the road and to ensure that drivers are acting responsibly by enforcing road traffic legislation. Officers have specifically targeted those driving whilst using mobile phones or driving without wearing a seatbelt.

Full Story Merseyside Police
----------
Its a start i suppose whistle
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Total Policing operation nets 116 cars - 20th Mar 2007 12:27am
Go bacon go bacon, get the feckers using mobile's handheld, its about time!!!

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Total Policing operation nets 116 cars - 3rd Apr 2007 11:12am
i think if you can t drive whilst using a mobile you should be banned, simply because its so easy to do, so if you can t do it with out fear of crashing or being easily distracted then your a crap driver and don t deserve to be on the road. end of.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Total Policing operation nets 116 cars - 3rd Apr 2007 11:19am
How do you propose to do the following whilst using a mobile handheld andy:

- Keep you concentration on the road ahead
- keep your concentration on your speed and the distance you will need to stop
- hold the phone
- have a conversation with someone
- change gear
- keep at least one hand on the steering wheel therefore keeping control of the vehicle

it aint humanly possible matey. Something has got to be comprimised, and that something will always be the safety of yourself and other road users and pedestrians, which imho, is not acceptable.

After something I seen on tv only a few weeks (the result of a crash/pile up as a result of a driver using a mobile phone, which left a 23 yr old woman dead and her car, a pug 206, crushed to less then a metre), its just not worth it.

wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Total Policing operation nets 116 cars - 3rd Apr 2007 12:26pm
you have answered my statement, the person who was driving that car to cause the pile up is obviously a poor driver, and there fore should have been banned a long time ago, they should make the driving test alot harder, ie test your reaction times and ability to drive under pressure or in awkward siuations.
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Total Policing operation nets 116 cars - 3rd Apr 2007 8:39pm
it is easy 2 drive will on the fone. but i dont do it no moor coz a dont want 3 moor points lol. iv seen moor people on the fone now there is a 3 point penolty then when there wasnt.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral