Forums
Posted By: txt3rob Legal Alchol Units? - 10th Nov 2006 12:29pm
how many units before your classed as over and get a physical bumming by the judge and his mighty pork sword?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 10th Nov 2006 2:01pm
The unit count is hard to gauge, which is why it is gradually disappearing from the UK nowadays. The official blood count is 80mg per 100ml of blood.

But just because you drink what would be recommended as safe by the unit count, doesnt mean that your blood levels are legal.

The easiest way to avoid going over the limit is not to drink drive at all.

Think! Road Safety Campaign
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 10th Nov 2006 5:35pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
The easiest way to avoid going over the limit is not to drink drive at all.

I agree. I said I'd NEVER do it before I was driving.

I've only ever done it once, but that was about 4 hours after a night in Liverpool. Never again though.
Posted By: Gary Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 11th Nov 2006 12:00pm

ill occasionaly have a beer with my dinner in wethers or sumat then drive but nothin more
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 11th Nov 2006 12:19pm
if i do have a drink a meal then drive i make sure i only have 1 light strength beer ie carling. not very often mind.
Posted By: txt3rob Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 11th Nov 2006 1:36pm
ok having a meal and having a birds drink like a smirnoff ice
they are 1.1 units.
any rought guide to how many units
Posted By: Mark Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 11th Nov 2006 4:38pm
1. If you asked the question like an adult and not a NOB then we may be more helpfull.
2. Mattyc has included a link for you.

Bottom line is,
regarless of what a unit is or isnt, each person is diffrent,
so a unit may be fine for you, but could put me over the limit.

Best advice, [color:#99FFFF]DONT DRINK ALCHOL
when you have the car.

As It wont be long now before the christmas Drink Driving campains begin.

So if you want to take your chances, i hope you get your
physical bumming by the judge and his mighty pork sword?

Your Words Not Mine[/color]
Posted By: Gary Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 11th Nov 2006 6:47pm
bloody hell webby bit strong for you mate
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 12th Nov 2006 1:26am
well said mark, shove ya spam up ya ass 051 boppeer he he
Posted By: Scooby Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 12th Nov 2006 9:24am
What's a unit?
A UK unit is 10ml or 8 grams of pure alcohol. The number of units in a drink depends on what you're drinking - how strong it is and how much there is. You may have seen examples of drinks that contain one unit, but these examples are often out of date, for instance:

Half a pint of 3.5% beer/lager/cider
BUT many continental lagers are closer to 5% while extra strong lagers can be as strong as 9%!

One small (125 ml) glass of wine at 9% is one unit
BUT who uses small glasses? Certainly not pubs and probably not at home either. Plus most wines are now about 11-13%.

A 25ml pub measure of spirit at 40% is one unit
BUT some pubs now serve 35ml as standard. Plus other pubs will serve you a double unless you specify otherwise.

How Many units am i allowed to drink and still Drive ?

The current legal limit for driving in the U.K. is 80milligrams of alcohol per 100millitres of blood, 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 ml of breath or 107 milligrams of alcohol per 100ml of urine.

The legal drink drive limit can't be safely converted into a certain number of units, as everyone absorbs alcohol into the blood stream at different rates. However, an average man (12-13 stone) should consume no more than 4 units and an average woman (9-10 stone) should consume no more than 3 units. If you are particularly small or have not eaten these figures should be reduced.

There you have it, Basically yo need to be a scientist to calclate if yo are safe to drive after a beer or two....

Posted By: txt3rob Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 17th Nov 2006 3:06pm
Originally Posted by Scooby
What's a unit?
A UK unit is 10ml or 8 grams of pure alcohol. The number of units in a drink depends on what you're drinking - how strong it is and how much there is. You may have seen examples of drinks that contain one unit, but these examples are often out of date, for instance:

Half a pint of 3.5% beer/lager/cider
BUT many continental lagers are closer to 5% while extra strong lagers can be as strong as 9%!

One small (125 ml) glass of wine at 9% is one unit
BUT who uses small glasses? Certainly not pubs and probably not at home either. Plus most wines are now about 11-13%.

A 25ml pub measure of spirit at 40% is one unit
BUT some pubs now serve 35ml as standard. Plus other pubs will serve you a double unless you specify otherwise.

How Many units am i allowed to drink and still Drive ?

The current legal limit for driving in the U.K. is 80milligrams of alcohol per 100millitres of blood, 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 ml of breath or 107 milligrams of alcohol per 100ml of urine.

The legal drink drive limit can't be safely converted into a certain number of units, as everyone absorbs alcohol into the blood stream at different rates. However, an average man (12-13 stone) should consume no more than 4 units and an average woman (9-10 stone) should consume no more than 3 units. If you are particularly small or have not eaten these figures should be reduced.

There you have it, Basically yo need to be a scientist to calclate if yo are safe to drive after a beer or two....

Thanks scooby very helpful! smile
Mr Allen Since you died on TV you've also died around ours not seen you in a good while! where you hiding?! motorbike is back today smile

as for mark either it was the choice of my words thats wound him up or the fact of he thinks im condoning drink driving!

im just checking i can have a meal and say 2 alcho pops and still be legal to ride (motorbike).

i dont plan to get wasted and try and drive/ride anything im not stupid in that way.

i usally do stick to no ale but im trying to find out how much is just legal so i can steer clear of the cops
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 17th Nov 2006 5:42pm
Originally Posted by 051bopper
i usally do stick to no ale but im trying to find out how much is just legal so i can steer clear of the cops

why not just steer clear of the alcohol instead?
Posted By: Gary Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 17th Nov 2006 6:05pm
Originally Posted by BeemerRacer28

cus the lad wants to have a beer jesus
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 17th Nov 2006 6:45pm
lol well there's his answer...

Originally Posted by Gary
a beer

Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 18th Nov 2006 6:01pm
Originally Posted by BeemerRacer28

Cause he aint a minge
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 18th Nov 2006 7:26pm
Lol, I think he has his answer now. So please keep replys to the topic thanks (Legal Alchol Units?).

smile
Posted By: learner Re: Legal Alchol Units? - 19th Nov 2006 4:24pm
raftl raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral