Forums
Posted By: 20vgolf 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 9th Sep 2004 12:15pm
Not been on for a while busy with house, anyway now the winter is closing in i decided to rebuild the engine in my golf to a better spec for more power.

[Linked Image]

This is my new tubular exhaust manifold with a flange ready to take a Garrett GT28 ball bearing turbo, iam also adding new JE ceramic coated pistons to lower the compression ratio to 8.5:1, these will also have new forged rods for strength.
Bigger 440cc injectors are being fitted too so the fueling dose'nt drop off and melt any pistons!!

This spec should let me run 325bhp a 1.2bar boost, and keep reving to about 7k

Will keep thread posted with pics of progress wink
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 9th Sep 2004 2:42pm
so when do you think the beast will be ready then?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 9th Sep 2004 2:52pm
Nice to see them Golfs in such good condition.

So few and far between now-a-days.
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 9th Sep 2004 3:50pm
Originally posted by Tony MK2:
[b] so when do you think the beast will be ready then? [/b]
Will hopfully be running in a few months but may keep it garaged till next year now depends on how eager i am to drive it.

My MK1 is ready to drive now just need the new ECU (monday) as the last onw Blew mad
Posted By: AL Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 9th Sep 2004 11:24pm
Thats sounds like one sweet motor!
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 10th Sep 2004 12:12am
yeah good work matey
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 15th Sep 2004 10:50am
New Brakes

These are 305mm in size and vented,
the calipers are Brembo 4 pots,
will change the discs for X-drilled when i get chance.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also put the manifold in place to check for spacing.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 15th Sep 2004 10:51am
your car is mint, good to see a car so well looked after, lot of money spent on it to eek
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 15th Sep 2004 11:30am
Originally posted by MisterAdam:
your car is mint, good to see a car so well looked after, lot of money spent on it to eek
Cheers Mate
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 25th Jan 2005 10:50pm
I hav'nt posted for a while,
Anyway finally got all the parts together to rebuild the bottom end for my new Turbo,
May even have it running in a week or so after a 14 months of having it off the road.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Will updated more regulary this time!!
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 25th Jan 2005 10:56pm
Tonights progress:
Finished putting the pistons and rods back in and torqued them up, but the sump on and manualy check the piston movment by turning over a few times, tomorrow the head will be going back on with the new gaskets!!

Cheers
Posted By: Phil_G Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 25th Jan 2005 11:18pm
hmmm

*mental note*
don't race mk2 Golfs on the wirral
*/mental note*

mint car..
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 25th Jan 2005 11:46pm
Originally posted by Phil_G:
hmmm

*mental note*
*/mental note*

mint car..
LOL!!

Cheers mate try my best not to race it, far too tempting, hoping for a few runs at Santa Pod this year!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 26th Jan 2005 12:45pm
there seems to be an unbelivable amount of work done to this car eek laugh

good to see your doing all of it yourself smile im not quite upto the standard of putting engines together but i'll try to do what i can cool

keep us updated laugh
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 26th Jan 2005 10:51pm
there seems to be an unbelivable amount of work done to this car eek laugh

good to see your doing all of it yourself smile im not quite upto the standard of putting engines together but i'll try to do what i can cool

keep us updated laugh
happy Thanks, its taken a few years of doing it to get to this stage and iv'e learn't from mistakes!!

Managed to get the head back on tonight and torque down the 10 head bolts in the right sequence, sorted out the timing but dropped the F*@in mad bolt for the tensioner so need a new one know!!

Bought 2L of paint aswell so i can repaint the rear where iv'e removed the badges and smoothed, also got 2 new doors to repaint.

Cheers
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 26th Jan 2005 11:05pm
Originally posted by 20vgolf:
[b] hmmm

*mental note*
*/mental note*

mint car..
LOL!!

Cheers mate try my best not to race it, far too tempting, hoping for a few runs at Santa Pod this year!! [/b]
happy
Posted By: Dazza Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 26th Jan 2005 11:13pm
Looking very nice matey - Am impressed (Thats rite TonyMK2). Will be a hell of a monster on the track.

Goodluck with it laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 27th Jan 2005 1:13pm
do you have a compressor and paint gun etc? smile
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 27th Jan 2005 10:36pm
do you have a compressor and paint gun etc? smile
Yep got a compressor, paint gun, and polishing mop. Just bought a new gravity fed to get better results on roofs, used it yesterday a gives a great finish not much polishing to do smile

Painted the whole car myself about 2 years ago, was'nt happy with the finish i payed £900 for some so called painter todo mad

with a lot of my stuff i'd rather take longer, teach myself and get the finsh/result im happy with, also saves me a bit of cash.

Cheers
Posted By: Phil_G Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 12:39am

with a lot of my stuff i'd rather take longer, teach myself and get the finsh/result im happy with, also saves me a bit of cash.
not to mention you can take a sense of pride in having done it yourself

Phil
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 2:31am
great stuff smile

we want more pics of everything though laugh
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 9:28am
I'll second that!

hmmm

*mental note*
*/mental note*

mint car..
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 9:33am
Love these cars. It's great what you are doing to it. I would like to see it in the flesh as soon as it's ready.
Where did you buy the injectors from as I will need some soon. I know nothing about this so a little help will be appreciated.
I have the same front calipers on my car except in black.
I need to chip mine soon as yours will have more power. This will only take mine from 300BHP to 330BHP. I can't go much higher than 350BHP because the crappy Renault gearbox won't take it. Upgrades are about £2500!
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 11:35am
great stuff smile

we want more pics of everything though laugh
More pics to follow later today now the head is back on.

The injectors are 440cc/min can fuel up to about 380-400bhp reliably after that your risking a melted piston or 2, i bought them from the states, company called ATP managed to save myself about £80 over UK prices, also bought my forged rods from them.

Cheers
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 11:39am
Better pic of the turbo, showing the compressor inlet

[Linked Image]

Random pic of my daily driver VW motorsports polo, pretty rare only 11 left in existance.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AX_125 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 11:42am
Whats the specs on the Polo's?

I was after a G40 once, untill i found out the brakes and suspension where the same as base units :S
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 11:42am
Are the injector top feed or side feed?

What management are you using to control the injector rates, and does it use an AFM??
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 12:24pm
Originally posted by StuyMac:
Are the injector top feed or side feed?

What management are you using to control the injector rates, and does it use an AFM??
Injectors are to feed, the managment is run from Haltech ECU so the injector map can be changed to suit, so the injector open time im msec can be altered depending on the engines rpm and engine loading.

cheers
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 12:31pm
Originally posted by AX_125:
Whats the specs on the Polo's?

I was after a G40 once, untill i found out the brakes and suspension where the same as base units :S
The polo has fiberglass wings, sills and door panels that are Genuine VW motorsports parts, these were built in 1985/86 for Rally cross and painted white, they origanlly came with a G40 engine but mines been removed at some point as well as repainting it !! its now fitted with a 1.3s. But i do have a G40 engine and box in the garage waiting to be fitted later this year, looking to return the car to its original spec!! and a repaint

Cheers
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 12:33pm
I have some old GTR injectors here if you want to try one for fitment?

Stds are 440's but 550's and 650's are quite cheap and if the fitment is the same, it could save you a few quid smile

Not seen the car round yet though - is it on the road, or are you saving it for the summer wink I can imagine traction is hard to come by on these damp roads wink
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 12:49pm
[b] Whats the specs on the Polo's?

G40 brakes are bigger than std, 239mm on G40 as found on the MK1 GTI golf, and the wishbones are rose jointed on the G40.

The polo has fiberglass wings, sills and door panels that are Genuine VW motorsports parts, these were built in 1985/86 for Rally cross and painted white, they origanlly came with a G40 engine but mines been removed at some point as well as repainting it !! its now fitted with a 1.3s. But i do have a G40 engine and box in the garage waiting to be fitted later this year, looking to return the car to its original spec!! and a repaint

Cheers [/b]
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 12:56pm
I have some old GTR injectors here if you want to try one for fitment?

Stds are 440's but 550's and 650's are quite cheap and if the fitment is the same, it could save you a few quid smile

Not seen the car round yet though - is it on the road, or are you saving it for the summer wink I can imagine traction is hard to come by on these damp roads wink
Car is sat in my garage, i bought a house 18 months ago and under estimated the work to be done so the cars had to wait a while but it will be running in a couple of weeks, needs a m.o.t and all the geometry setting, and then the fun can begin wink

Traction!!! got a LSd and re-built the box with some changed ratios.

I'll just run slicks doh doh smile

Cheers
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 1:03pm
can't wait for this as this is gonna be one fast mother of a vw when its on the road and i can't wait to see it happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 1:46pm

Random pic of my daily driver VW motorsports polo, pretty rare only 11 left in existance.
eek daily driver!? eek

will you be keeping the polo once its back to G40 spec or will you be selling it on? smile
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 1:56pm
[b]
eek daily driver!? eek

will you be keeping the polo once its back to G40 spec or will you be selling it on? smile [/b]
Probally sell it on and make some money as its a V rare there will be a few enthusiasts out there that will pay big bucks smile

Cheers
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 1:58pm
[b] I have some old GTR injectors here if you want to try one for fitment?

Car is sat in my garage, i bought a house 18 months ago and under estimated the work to be done so the cars had to wait a while but it will be running in a couple of weeks, needs a m.o.t and all the geometry setting, and then the fun can begin wink

Traction!!! got a LSd and re-built the box with some changed ratios.

Might take you up on the offer of trying those injectors.

I'll just run slicks doh doh smile

Cheers [/b]
Posted By: AX_125 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 1:59pm
To right they will, 15 year old polo G40's still go for about £2k oshocked

Nice cars the old polo's, had one myself, back when VW was in its prime smile
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 2:10pm
To right they will, 15 year old polo G40's still go for about £2k oshocked

Nice cars the old polo's, had one myself, back when VW was in its prime smile
Yeh the well looked after and serviced ones still demmand high prices due to them being rare sa only 500 right hand drive were ever made!!

Cheers
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 28th Jan 2005 2:35pm
Stuy, I'll have to find out what fitment mine are as I may be interested in your injectors if 20vgolf isn't
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 29th Jan 2005 6:14pm
Updated Pics

Finish flatting and polishing the rear end this afternoon fitted my new rear clusters and back bumper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lights are Crystal clear M3.

Also sorted the timing and did some wiring in the engine bay.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hope to get the down pipe sorted this week, and the decide on the new tail pipe design for the side exit!!

cheers
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 29th Jan 2005 7:01pm
love that colour, what is it?

very tidy engine bay to, top work laugh
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 29th Jan 2005 7:37pm
nice work andy matey keep it up
happy
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 29th Jan 2005 9:21pm
love that colour, what is it?

very tidy engine bay to, top work laugh
The colour is just VW Blue from the new Lupo.

Thanks for the comments on the engine bay, wanted it to look tidy but without all the polishing and chrome work. Its easier to work on when its clean, the only polished bit will be the boost pipes!!

Cheers
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 3rd Feb 2005 8:48pm
finaly got round to looking at your car yeah looks very nice cant wait for ya to take us for a spin keep up the good work and keep us posted
Posted By: scoop Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 4th Feb 2005 12:46am
Both ur cars are well nice m8. Lovin em both and the golf is gonna be a winner for sure
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 7th Feb 2005 10:22pm
Finally finished polishing my new door handles, these were originally from a Porsche 944 Turbo, and came black anodised with PORSCHE engraved.I started with a fine 1200 grit and then Red keying pad, then finaly buffed with autosol on the drill.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They are a straight swap for the MK2 golf Handles, plus are a bit different
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 7th Feb 2005 10:37pm
there sweet then they will really suit your golf when you put them them on andy matey, anymore updates happy
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 7th Feb 2005 11:04pm
Originally posted by Tony MK2:
there sweet then they will really suit your golf when you put them them on andy matey, anymore updates happy
Cheers

Yep just waiting for my down pipe, should be here this week.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 7th Feb 2005 11:43pm
so how much longer now do you think the beast will be off the road for now? think
Posted By: golfvr Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 8th Feb 2005 6:26pm
Ive seen that polo parked up, and love it...did Treser do a similar thing.

My passat is going soon I think,(nowt proper left to do to it)

So on the lookout for summit vw/audi wink
running out of choices, done

beetles x 15,
campers x 4,
Vr6 mk2,
mk2 small+big bumper,
Vr6 2 door jetta,
Passat GT 16v x 4,
Passat 20v,
Passat 20VT,
Mk3 x 2,
cabrio x 2,

only missing
Polo/raddo smile (mk4 too pricey)

Paul
Posted By: scoop Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 8th Feb 2005 6:36pm
a man who has had 33 performance VW's says that one mk4 is too pricey. I wish i could have owned 33 cars by the time i reach ur age. So far ive owned 1 frown
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 8th Feb 2005 11:11pm
Originally posted by golfvr:
Ive seen that polo parked up, and love it...did Treser do a similar thing.

My passat is going soon I think,(nowt proper left to do to it)

So on the lookout for summit vw/audi wink
running out of choices, done

beetles x 15,
campers x 4,
Vr6 mk2,
mk2 small+big bumper,
Vr6 2 door jetta,
Passat GT 16v x 4,
Passat 20v,
Passat 20VT,
Mk3 x 2,
cabrio x 2,

only missing
Polo/raddo smile (mk4 too pricey)

Paul
Cheers

I think Tresser might have they, had a lot to do with the Sprint/ Hill climb kits with the Huge Arches and front splitters, polo needs a bit of resoration, after a set of ATS classics for it next.

Noticed no MK1 Golfs in the List smile I love them have a shell sat on the drive nto sure what to do with it yet, 2.0 16v carbs laugh
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 8th Mar 2005 5:03pm
Turbo downpipe fitted, had to take engine out to get the bugger on,

Fabricating center pipe this week then i can try a crank it over see it'll spark and run.

NOTE:
Remember oil oshocked )
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 11th Mar 2005 7:38pm
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Its runs sparked it up this morning, and boy is it loud, only fitted 1 silencer might need another yet?? no boost yet as Tweeks still have'nt sent me the last piece of samco!!

Got the brakes to bleed next week the off for MOT...
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 11th Mar 2005 9:09pm
Bring it on andy can't wait to see it on the round again matey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 12th Mar 2005 12:12pm
sounds good, we need more pics though haha laugh
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 13th Mar 2005 10:24am
so youve finally got it sorted now then cant wait to see this do you think ya going to come to the meets now hey boyo
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 13th Mar 2005 9:40pm
Originally posted by punto driver:
so youve finally got it sorted now then cant wait to see this do you think ya going to come to the meets now hey boyo
Yep will be at a meet very soon, sorted the brakes out today so going to move it out the garage next weekend so i have a bit more space to get it finished.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 11th Apr 2005 11:50pm
thumbsup all am gonna say is the car is out of the garage thumbsup
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 13th Apr 2005 11:01pm
As Tony Says its out the garage now fitted the new Seats (Cobra Daytonas)

Got to throw another silencer on cos the exhoust booms ar the mo, front archs neew flaring too so i can keep the height low.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 13th Apr 2005 11:24pm
way to go andy fella can't wait to hear her roar matey yes
well done dude looking might fine thumbsup
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 15th Apr 2005 10:51pm
eek

thumbsup
Posted By: Mark Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 16th Apr 2005 1:45am
Its looking well sweet,
just wondering if we can ever see it in the flesh?

Fantastic work and dedication, a real roll model for many enthusiasts. happy
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 16th Apr 2005 8:31am
Originally posted by WebMaster:
Its looking well sweet,
just wondering if we can ever see it in the flesh?

Fantastic work and dedication, a real roll model for many enthusiasts. happy
Yep MOT next week, and then i will come down to a meet.
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 22nd Apr 2005 10:26pm
Got bored this week and due to the rain had to work in the garage:

Painted up my new doors so i can use the Porsche handles

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also started moding a spare front wing to widen it, so far i've done this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I cut sections into the arch and folded it out to the same angle then will weld it up.
Posted By: scoop Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 22nd Apr 2005 10:42pm
lookin sweet fella! will u put the black arch bits over the wide arches when theyre finished??? im hopin not as itll look cool without all that black plastic crap.Whats the story jackanory?
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 22nd Apr 2005 10:50pm
No matey leaving the plastic arch off, will be able to get the car lower then!!
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 22nd Apr 2005 10:58pm
LKookin fab, had mot yet? Lookin forward to seeing it at a meet.
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 22nd Apr 2005 11:01pm
MOT next Friday booked in at my mates garage in Ellesmere port, ready for the bank holiday weekend.
Posted By: Mark Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 26th Apr 2005 4:23pm
Your dedication is second to none,
i cant believe all that work you have done because you were board?

The pics before the doors came off showed your car looking mint, then a little further
down your topic the doors are off and the arches are being modified.

Alot of members could learn so much from your dedication and from what i see,
do what it takes to get the job just the way you want it.

If that sounded confusing i was trying to say.

WOW
Gobsmacked
Lovin it
Top Job.
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 26th Apr 2005 4:38pm
Thanks for you comments they are appreciated.

Im just itching to get it on the road now, it may sound like an easy task taking you car for an MOT, but when its been completely rebuilt with components never designed for that vechicle things get tricky!
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 26th Apr 2005 6:05pm
good luck for the mot andy heres hopeing that we see it on the road soon fella, and even better to see it pull up next to me at a set of traffic lights think thumbsup can't wait matey
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 30th Apr 2005 11:10pm
Anyway MOT!!

It failed nothing major just lose rear wheel bearings, rear number plate lights, tight handbrake cable, and head lamp adjustment (im sure everybody gets that one!!)

But hay got to drive it and boy is it fast did'nt even bring it on boost due to running the engine in.

My mate got a few pics going through Rivica of his phone so quality aint great.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 1st May 2005 12:53am
Sweet Fella Nearly there happy

Looks good on the open road.

I think your going to have a bigger smile coming out of the MOT Station Next time smile

Or can you drive it and you have 7 days to put it right?
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 8th May 2005 10:39pm
Was re-tested on Saturday and Tax so now its back on the Road so kepp your eyes out guys.

Mind you Grannys are overtaking me at the moment while im running it in!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 8th May 2005 10:55pm
very sexy car mate
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 9th May 2005 8:03am
seen this car on the A41 in eastham the other day an it looked MINT smile

you've put a fair amount of work in there, you must be chuffed!
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 9th May 2005 10:22pm
seen this car on the A41 in eastham the other day an it looked MINT smile

you've put a fair amount of work in there, you must be chuffed!
Yeh cheers mate, still a few little probs like a water leak that wont go away, and air locks in the system. But hey thats modded cars for ya!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 10th May 2005 7:21am
considering the rest of the car is perfect i dont think you can grumble over a water leak tease

do you know where its leaking from or is it a really awkuard one??
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 10th May 2005 10:48am
One of them is on the top hose were iv'e had to make a stainless section. The other is on the hose goimg on to the water res.
Posted By: Mark Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 10th May 2005 12:00pm
Amazing 20vgolf,
You deserve the biggest drink at the bar.

I remember when she was only a

[Linked Image]

Your very first post, way back in september 2004.
And how she has grown and how good she looks.

Well done fella,
Is all the work done now that she's on the road or is it more? or Phase 2
about to kick in?

Well done, you have turned more than just a few heads on cruisewirral with her.

(Webby lifts hat to show appreciation).

Guess we all wanna see her in the flesh now smile

Big well done fella. thumbsup
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 25th May 2005 8:22pm
andy's motor is now road worthy and looks super on the road he pasted me on tuesday morning yes my gob dropped its looks sweet as hell thumbsup

well done andy mate you have done a grant job of here!!
Posted By: sjvwc Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 18th Sep 2005 2:49pm
any more updates on this fine beast sir
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 19th Sep 2005 10:35am
Just fitted with a new Magnex stainless system 2.5" to help the turbo breath, roll cage also gone in. will update with some pics later!!
Posted By: Punto_Sean Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 19th Sep 2005 10:57am
Nice motor mate! omg
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 19th Sep 2005 8:27pm
Up dated pics

new exhaust:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roll Cage and interior:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gary Re: 20vgolf : V W MK2 golf turbo - 19th Sep 2005 8:36pm
interior is lush mate really nice