Forums
Posted By: StuyMac StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 18th Sep 2006 8:39am
Picked this up at the weekend - my new runaround laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dont expect to be doing to much to it, but I do want to do a couple of little things to it wink

Already ordered some clear indicators and repeaters, and Ill also be looking for a set of M3 17" wheels for it...

Ill also be looking for a chip for it in the near future, these lift the power to around 180bhp laugh
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 18th Sep 2006 12:11pm
what happened to the Honda Stuy?

Looks like a nice clean motor anyway.
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 18th Sep 2006 4:16pm
Originally posted by lazy_ben:
what happened to the Honda Stuy?

Looks like a nice clean motor anyway.
exactly my thought, ur made of money!
Posted By: lawton Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 18th Sep 2006 5:03pm
looks nice, my dad was going to get one of these a few years ago when we use to have the caravan
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 18th Sep 2006 5:14pm
very nice how come you going german and not jap now lol. looks really smart, is it gud mpg?
Posted By: krisGTi Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 18th Sep 2006 8:07pm
looks nice stuy
Posted By: Mark Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 19th Sep 2006 3:42pm
Now that's a nice "Run around" !

Very nice stuy,
Soon to be 1 car for every day of the week..
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 19th Sep 2006 6:13pm
Yeah, this is stuy's late September car. Look out for his "Early October" car coming soon!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 19th Sep 2006 7:01pm
Lol, think this one will be around for a while smile

The Honda was just something that just caught my eye while I was looking for one of these.

The BMW may noy be as quick as the Honda, but it gives better MPG, drives much nicer and is much more comfortable - Honda was a very nice car, just not my thing confused
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 19th Sep 2006 8:45pm
Nice stu like it.

Woundered why you texted me about the wheels.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 21st Sep 2006 11:08am
Just been looking at Chips and Power Boxes for the car.

Basically all the fueling and boost is ECU controlled, and a powerbox increases the fueling to give more power but can cause black smoke - these are approx £170

However, for a few more ££ you can get a bespoke chip fitted and mapped which will not only increase fuel, but will also increase boost to get rid of excessive black smoke - these are said to give 30+ bhp think
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 22nd Sep 2006 9:33am
Nice car Stuy! Wot did you give for it? Is it the 325tds? The intercoolers on them are very small and it is a useful mod to upgrade them in conjunction with a live re-map/chip...
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 22nd Sep 2006 6:35pm
very nice motor mate, it's in top nick, great buy
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 24th Sep 2006 11:29am
I've just had my car re-mapped. If you want anymore info, then PM me.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 26th Sep 2006 10:03am
Found some M3 Motorsport wheels for it over the weekend smile

All good tyres, but they where cheap as they could do with a new coat of paint. There is only one or 2 minor scuffs on them, so a quick flat and paint should do the job without any welding / filling.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 27th Sep 2006 12:16am
Originally posted by chris bmw M3:
Nice car Stuy! Wot did you give for it? Is it the 325tds? The intercoolers on them are very small and it is a useful mod to upgrade them in conjunction with a live re-map/chip...
Wanted to know too as chris says they are hard to find and do good money. PS do they come with a lsd????
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 27th Sep 2006 8:56am
Unfortunatly there is no LSD on it, just an open diff frown

I also think the only E36 to have the LSD was the M3 as im led to belive the sports didnt have on either - maybe Chris knows more about this confused

Next problem with fitting an LSD is the gearing. Any LSD will be from a petrol car, and will mess the final drive gearing up on a diesel, so you would need to strip a donor LSD and fit the LSD parts to the original diff to keep the gearing the same frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 11th Oct 2006 7:55am
...and now with all clear indicators, repeaters, and a few other little mods wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 11th Oct 2006 2:35pm
very nice mr Mac. I love they way a bm feels to drive nice an solid. gud luk with it man
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 12th Oct 2006 10:17am
Looks so much better with the wheels on stu.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 12th Oct 2006 7:56pm
Originally Posted by tupac
Looks so much better with the wheels on stu.

I agree. Makes it stand out 10 times better
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac : BMW 325 TDS Tourer - 13th Oct 2006 10:04am
Right, good news, Ive sussed out a way of getting an LSD fitted to the car wink

Basically I knew an E36 LSD off a 325 sport, 328 or M3 would fit the car, but the final drive on the diff would mess the gearing up, which is quite crucial on the low revving diesels.

Basically there are 3 types of diff done in the E36, the type 188 being the same as the E30 325 sport LSD, but in a different sized diff case.

So, its them a case of stripping the TDS and E30 LSD down, and swapping the crownwheels over between the 2 diff units, ending up with the E30 LSD unit fitted with the E36 TDS crownwheel and then refit in the larger E36 case with the original bearings and shims.

Hey presto, an LSD on the TDS, plus, E30 325 sport LSDs can now be picked up for less than £100, and the diff will retain all the original gear ratios wink

Phew! Now that took some research thumbsup omg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral