Vauxhall Corsa sxi
1.4 twinport
Black Sapphire

with:
Front Spoiler
Roof Spoiler

Street Pack

16-inch nine-spoke alloy wheels (steel spare) with locking bolts

Dark-tinted Solar Protect® glass (excludes windscreen and front door windows)

Electrically operated slide/tilt glass sunroof

CD 30 MP3 stereo radio/CD/MP3 CD player

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SL1D3R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Jun 2005 11:57pm
nice m8, what u got planned for this little black number?
Posted By: linsy Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 12:46am
looks nice smile
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 12:55pm
Plans are:

Combat Rear Bumper
Maybe Combat sides
Front Bumper (Not Sure)
17" Alloys
Install
Twin exhaust
Pipercross
And a Nice engine Bay
Posted By: linsy Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 12:57pm
sounds kool, ur planning to have it all done 4 nationals next year rnt u?
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:01pm
Maybe!!
Posted By: Meesh Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:01pm
Originally posted by Astra 1.6:
Plans are:

Combat Rear Bumper
Maybe Combat sides
same as every1 else then tease

get somethin different mate, ya just gonna blend in with every1 goin wit a combat kit wink

on the note of the car...lookin tidy wink
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:20pm
there is a kit on stxstyling that am thinking to get but not sure yet, and its a good price as well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:23pm
Originally posted by Meesh:

get somethin different mate, ya just gonna blend in with every1 goin wit a combat kit wink
If he wanted something that didnt blend in im sure he'd of chosen a different car to a new corsa meesh tease

Sorry mate, i know its brand new and everything which might be what your into, but i cant justify spending a serious wedge of money on something that aint that quick and is just a normal car that looks like every other corsa out there happy
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:27pm
All depends if i get a red top next year dusnt it!!!!!! or some thing else!!! think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:31pm
Why buy a 1.4 twinport if your looking to change the engine??

Is it really a good idea swapping a brand new engine with little miles on for something with older technology and more miles? If anything this'd drop the value of the car surely?
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:32pm
[/QUOTE]
Sorry mate, i know its brand new and everything which might be what your into, but i cant justify spending a serious wedge of money on something that aint that quick and is just a normal car that looks like every other corsa out there happy [/QB][/QUOTE]

To get something quick you got to have a nice insurance company to insure you!!!

with me av got a claim and 6 points.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:38pm
Originally posted by MisterAdam:
Why buy a 1.4 twinport if your looking to change the engine??

Is it really a good idea swapping a brand new engine with little miles on for something with older technology and more miles? If anything this'd drop the value of the car surely?
Am looking to buy a brand new red top or a calibraworx engine in the future!!
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Jul 2005 1:53pm
Some thing like this

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 2nd Jul 2005 12:05pm
Will that even fit?
Posted By: Gary Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 2nd Jul 2005 12:44pm
what engine is that? looks like its out of a HGV
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 2nd Jul 2005 4:37pm
That is not the engine I SED something like THIS,

This is in the back of a drag car.
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 11th Jul 2005 10:21am
Needs work to make it not "another corsa"

I cant justify buyin a brand new car then raping it with mods either. U paid all that money for the newness and then ur just gonna pull all the new things off. If u were gonna change the bumpers etc anyway why not just get a 2 year old base model or somethin and save a lot of money?

Its all about what you want tho and if u dont mind payin for a new car then you go boi.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 11th Jul 2005 10:41am
The thing is that i never paid the full price for it. I got 17% off with me dad working in vauxhall. And i used ALOT of gm points so that took the price down:

It was

No deposit
0% finance for 3 years
Sport pack i got for £200 (normal £695)

The car should of costed me £14,579.
I paid £8,976.38

An nuffin is getting done to it until late next year - bumpers etc.

Plans for it in the near future is - 40mm, install and front windows tinted.
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 11th Jul 2005 11:21am
Thats the good bit!!! What COULD u get for less than that money tho. An 01 1.8 astra SRi/SXi?
Posted By: lawton Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Aug 2005 6:22pm
as we were talking about you getting you front lights tinted i thought i would do a photoshop for you

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Aug 2005 6:40pm
cheers for that mark. looking good.
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Aug 2005 7:06pm
if you saved 5 an a half grand basically y dont u sel it an make a couple of grand off it as even if it sold for 13grand or 12.5 than uv stil made a profit an u cud pay the finance off an stil hav a couple of grand to yaself in ya pocket, makes sense to me but dunno if thats just me
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Aug 2005 8:33pm
Tis an idea that john. But we seem to have a bit of a vaux lover here so he may get another vauxhall,and hes lost all his GM points. And his dad may not be allowed another discounted car yet?

13 grand for a corsa!!!! No way in hell would anyone pay that!

A 1.4 corsa for 13 grand or an Fiesta ST150 2.0 for a little bit more,i know what i'd choose.Obviously the above applies to some1 hu has 13 grand,is over 22 and has no discounts anywhere

U can get so much car for so little money these days. IE/ 99 plate Volvo S40 2.0Turbo. Really nice cars IMO. Safe,luxury and power with ok looks
Posted By: Meesh Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Aug 2005 10:30pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
A 1.4 corsa for 13 grand or an Fiesta ST150 2.0 for a little bit more,i know what i'd choose.
not everyone has a luxery of some no claims bonus' and 0 points mate wink
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Aug 2005 10:52am
granted get another corsa but he cud stil get a new shape thats faster then the 1,4 twinport for cheaper or even get an old faster motor an use the couple or grand you made to make it unique on the outside as it wil already b nippy

personally i like the new corsa but i wud neva trade me corsa in for one as id b to scared to fiddle with a new car an i neva believe in finance on cars as that car isnt urs til 5 years time!
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Aug 2005 1:16pm
Tis an idea that john. But we seem to have a bit of a vaux lover here so he may get another vauxhall,and hes lost all his GM points. And his dad may not be allowed another discounted car yet?
Me dad can have discounts whenever he buys a new car or whenvever he wants, From any Lookers garage. Alls he needs to do is sign and give his work code in.!!!

A 1.4 corsa for 13 grand or an Fiesta ST150 2.0 for a little bit more,i know what i'd choose.Obviously the above applies to some1 hu has 13 grand,is over 22 and has no discounts anywhere

U can get so much car for so little money these days. IE/ 99 plate Volvo S40 2.0Turbo. Really nice cars IMO. Safe,luxury and power with ok looks
I would love one of those cars, but am not a Ford lover like you. I just like vauxhall cars all together. Theres a BIG thing stopping me getting one of those cars is that am only 18!!! and i drive 75-80 miles to work and back everyday!!! If you want to pay my petrol scoop, i will have one. raftl
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Aug 2005 1:19pm
Originally posted by CorsaJohn:
personally i like the new corsa but i wud neva trade me corsa in for one as id b to scared to fiddle with a new car an i neva believe in finance on cars as that car isnt urs til 5 years time!
I dnt have that problem

Am not doing anything to the engine until me 3 years warranty is up, am not going to lose the warranty with the mods am doing as lookers are doing them. And plus the car isnt going to have a bodykit on it as am going for the street look.
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Aug 2005 4:26pm
Just an example mate. Sure you cud still get a car that beast that tho for 13 grand thats still insurable for u mate. I mean my m8 got a 318 when he was 18 with 1 years NCb.Cost him a grand to insure FC for a year.Not sayin u shud get a BM but u wud be really surprised what insurance is like these dasy. Only sporty names scare insurance companies. REckon a Foci1.8LX wud be a tiny bit morew than ur corsa on insurance and u cud get a 3 yr old one for 8k and its bigger,quicker and beter(IMO) might start a topic on this actually as we appear to have hi-jacked ur thread.

Main point is. Hope u make ur car gorgeous mate.Its your money
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 11th Aug 2005 1:36pm
What do you think, lose the fog lights on the bumper as they are on the bottom of the bumper now and get this attached?

Corsa C Race Rear Apron £ 128.00

Corsa C Race rear apron to attach to the standard Corsa rear bumper and supplied with a set of mesh and all fittings. Manufactured from tough ABS plastic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 25th Aug 2005 8:27pm
My new Exhaust!!

[Linked Image]

*More pictures soon*
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Aug 2005 11:55am
***More Pics***

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Aug 2005 11:57am
sweet touch mate lovin the exhaust irmsher style!

just out of interest how much did you pay for it an what kinda note it give out?
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Aug 2005 8:00pm
Originally posted by CorsaJohn:
sweet touch mate lovin the exhaust irmsher style!

just out of interest how much did you pay for it an what kinda note it give out?
I paid £50 for the exhuast!

There isnt much of a noise. Just looks nice.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Aug 2005 8:44pm
yes
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Aug 2005 11:07pm
As for the splitter mate. I dont lke it TBH. Theres a guy at leuchars who has one. I dont like the way it shows off most of the tire. Its the rear bumpers fault like and extending it just makes it look worse.

My £0.02

Also you cant remove the fogs as that would make it illegal. You have to have a foglight at the rear and it has to be a certain height above the ground,thats why its seperate and not in the main cluster as that'd blind peeps
Posted By: Den Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Aug 2005 12:03am
if u don't want the front splitter i know someone who will buy it from u
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Aug 2005 1:29pm
I understand what you sayin scoop, thats what put me off in the end, about seein the tyre. Its just hard to find a bumper for this corsa as the new look ones have different archers on the back.

Originally posted by sanchez:
yes
Yes what?

Originally posted by Den:
if u don't want the front splitter i know someone who will buy it from u
What gave u that idea?
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 31st Aug 2005 1:57pm
What dus everyone think about these grills

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 31st Aug 2005 5:46pm
Yes to them grilles homie,that front splitter looks mint too on that silver one,is that different to yourS?
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 31st Aug 2005 6:32pm
Yes just a bit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 31st Aug 2005 6:43pm
'YES' it looks lovely
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 31st Aug 2005 7:56pm
Cheers
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 11th Sep 2005 6:08pm
My New Toy and Some more pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 11th Sep 2005 6:09pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Oct 2005 1:43pm
At the weekend i removed the black strips from the doors, (like an SRi now)lol.

get pictures up soon.
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Oct 2005 1:51pm
i removed mine on one side about 2 months ago, but had 2 replace them as the paint underneath was discoloured, i was gutted, nice car by the way, happy
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Oct 2005 4:56pm
Cheers, I 4t i do mine now b4 it discoloured.

Get them colour coded as well as the arches and skirts.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 21st Oct 2005 11:37am
These are the mirror lights i want.

[Linked Image]

These are the standard ones

[Linked Image]

Which ones look better now Lawton?
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Oct 2005 3:41pm
Had a mod or 2 done over the weekend, all will see when am out and about.
Posted By: Den Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Oct 2005 4:43pm
hey do u work in birkenhead on the argyle ind est? if so i've walked past this car everyday. looks very distinguised in the flesh for a black corsa.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Oct 2005 6:21pm
Not me mate!
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 10th Nov 2005 2:38pm
***UPDATE***

Had windows tinted darker - Front and Back

Vauxhall Sunstrip

Boot install

Pictures soon.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 12th Nov 2005 7:25pm
This is my boot install up to now!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 12th Nov 2005 7:30pm
Just looking at these pictures, and av got the same problem as aggy, as you can see the ring marks off the subs on the shelf, so i havnt got room for me 6x9s!!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 12th Nov 2005 9:36pm
So put them in a different part of the shelf! smack You can also get adaptors to fit larger speakers in the standard places if you'd rather do that.
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 12th Nov 2005 9:53pm
Would they fit in any of these following locations? Have you already bought them?

Maybe get direct fit speakers for the standard place in the rear. For 6x9 money u cud get a mint set of 4" round components.Or whatever size it is

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 12th Nov 2005 10:23pm
wow them subs look blingin mate!!

which player did you buy them off?

look swish laa wink
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 13th Nov 2005 2:49pm
Originally posted by aggy:
which player did you buy them off?
A gay player!! lol

Only joking. Got a week to think about the 6x9s
before i put them in, i have already got them.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2005 6:32pm
***UPDATE***

HEAD UNIT
Kenwood DOOR SPEAKERS
BOOT INSTALL - (NOT FINISHED YET)
TINTS
MUD FLAPS
Removed Bumper strips from doors

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2005 6:34pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2005 7:00pm
Next to do, is plastics sprayed!!
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2005 7:28pm
lookin gd mate, i think u should de badge an get an irmy front grill happy
Posted By: lawton Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2005 7:33pm
starting to look nice mate,

if this was my car i would, de-badge it, lower it 60mm, put 40mm profile tyres on, spray the wheels black, make sure the mud flaps sit straight, lol, smoked headights,
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2005 7:47pm
Originally posted by cor7a:
lookin gd mate, i think u should de badge an get an irmy front grill happy
ALL IN GOOD TIME.

Originally posted by lawton:
starting to look nice mate,

if this was my car i would, de-badge it, lower it 60mm, put 40mm profile tyres on, spray the wheels black, make sure the mud flaps sit straight, lol, smoked headights,
YOU TRY PUTTING THEM ON STRAIGHT, ITS BLOODY HARD.

***STILL TO COME***

SRi bottom grill, sitting in me room waiting to go on.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 4th Apr 2006 12:01am
Right, started to get back modding my car.

Got rid of the Blue boot.
Got SRi bottom grill in.
Full xenon Headlight kit
Got the buckets in last friday, only took 1 hr n half witch shocked me.
Started messing with Engine bay - met blue and met silver

Pipercross vector on its way - been waiting 3 weeks for it. hal---fords
Back window hopefully getting redone.
A few power gains bits are done and more to come. NOT SAYING.

pictures soon.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 4th Apr 2006 3:20pm
Just out of interest, what does the "Twinport" mean confused
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 4th Apr 2006 6:04pm
i believe its an extra port jet or sumthin in the carb that injects more fuel into it when going up a hill to stop it lagging and choking. thats what the fella at lookers in pensby said to me anyway smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 4th Apr 2006 6:19pm
id like to know,does anyone know?? i think i heard what it was once but ive forgotten
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 4th Apr 2006 6:50pm
Originally posted by jonny corsa sport:
i believe its an extra port jet or sumthin in the carb that injects more fuel into it when going up a hill to stop it lagging and choking. thats what the fella at lookers in pensby said to me anyway smile
Av heard the same as this.
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 4th Apr 2006 8:01pm
Twinport technical data quoted from auto express site

"Vauxhall has also developed a new system for its small petrol engines which increases efficiency and enhances economy by up to six per cent with no loss of performance. We sampled the Twin Port technology in a prototype Astra ahead of its spring debut. The test model had the same 100bhp 1.6-litre credentials as the existing car, but its separate valves open and shut independently

according to throttle load. This creates more efficient combustion, as with petrol direct injection, but is cheaper than these expensive and complex systems."

Seperate valves? maybe meaning that it can open 1 inlet valve on its own when it wants and both valves when pushed?? same with the zorst valves maybe?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 5th Apr 2006 8:02am

Seperate valves? maybe meaning that it can open 1 inlet valve on its own when it wants and both valves when pushed?? same with the zorst valves maybe?
Sounds something like that; a fancy way of saying an interligent 16V system confused
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Apr 2006 2:29pm
Picked up my Piperx vector kit on Friday, only to find they have got me a VX220 one, they said it will fit and be alot better for the car. LOL

Where do they find these ppl,

For starts

1. DUSNT FIT
2. SOUNDS GRAP
3. WANT MY MONEY BACK
4. So just gettng a Normal Pipercross. (when it cums in)
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Apr 2006 2:36pm
never heard of a vector before.Tell them it has to be the one for ur engine as one built for a 2.2 will be too big for a 1.4 and RUIN throttle response not improve it.Ensure u correctly sheild whatever u get from the heat,or maybe just get an element and drilled box?
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Apr 2006 2:59pm
never heard of a vector before.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 9th Apr 2006 3:17pm
Here is the vector

[Linked Image]

The one on the Right

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 13th Apr 2006 4:52pm
Changed the SXI grill to the SRI grill on the bottom of the bumper.

SXI
[Linked Image]

SRI
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 15th Apr 2006 10:40am
Picture of the buckets i had in. Now sold.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lawton Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 15th Apr 2006 11:56am
why did you sell them? they looked nice
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 15th Apr 2006 12:35pm
Changin the interior of me car, soon. dependin on pennies. And it didnt suit the look i want.
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 15th Apr 2006 6:53pm
the sri grill suits well mate, i changed mine a while ago,

i agree with you on those seats, i dont think they suit at all

lookin good anyways matey
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 17th Apr 2006 8:39pm
Cheers.

More pics to follow, on its way straight system, a new facia for the Dials in silver and couple of more cnt remember them
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 28th Apr 2006 12:24pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 28th Apr 2006 1:28pm
Wheres the rest of the engine.

Only messing looks good now paul like what your doing with the car.
Posted By: lawton Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 28th Apr 2006 7:56pm
sorry, but dont like the engine, looks tacky but if you like it then thats what matters
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Apr 2006 2:02am
the engine isnt to my taste but as lawton said if u like it thats what matters

i think the colour coded center console looks very good
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Apr 2006 4:21pm
Thanks,

Everyone has their own taste, I didnt like it to start with, but its grown on me.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 16th May 2006 6:07pm
Just booked me car to get the Clifford Alarm

Costed me a BOMB but worth it. am getting the 950 vision the all singing and dancing one.

And i cnt wait to play with me remote start.

I think these one is worth around £1100 but not sure. am getting it at a good price.

Clifford Intelliguard 950

Brand new, the 950 is the UK's best Thatcham approved alarm and immobiliser system. Compatible with most of the G4 accessories including Intellistart. Packed with loads of features including dual zone proximity sensing, tilt and motion sensing, one carbon style 5 button remote control with built-in blue LED and one carbon style 4 button remote control, remote control central locking or total closure (subject to vehicle) Blackjax anti-hijacking, door, boot and bonnet protection and 120db battery back-up siren with a choice of tones. Lifetime warranty (subject to terms and conditions) with free fitting available at home or at work. "Free IntelliStart with every 950 purchased while stocks last!"
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 6:06pm
Well picked alloys up today from the garage after tyres getting fitted.

Brought the alloys last Thursday Price £60
Brought tyres Friday £150
Got alloys sprayed Saturday £50
Tyres Fitted £40
On the Car £priceless.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nicki C Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 6:58pm
they look pretty
Posted By: Nicki C Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 7:00pm
can i have them when i get a car?
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 7:13pm
They look nice,who sprayed em for that cheap???
Posted By: Gary Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 8:14pm
scoop that would be telling smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 8:48pm
needs lowering about 60mm for the perfect looks. dog damn you cars looking good.

whats happened to you old wheels as they would look good on my car i think.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 9:27pm
Keeping the old alloys unless the price is right, (come on down)

THANK YOU GARY.

Daz 40mm is spot on, the suspension hadnt settled when i took the picture after lifting it.
Posted By: lawton Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 18th May 2006 9:29pm
mad mad mad mad now where have i seen them wheels before? and almost the same colour, mad mad mad mad

they look good mate, will look even better when lowered
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 19th May 2006 2:31pm
looking good matey, not to keen on the vxr decal though
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 19th May 2006 2:46pm
Thanks peeps,

Not to keen on the vxr on the side meself, just cnt be arsed taking it off.
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 19th May 2006 2:54pm
Originally posted by Corsa 1.4:
Thanks peeps,

Not to keen on the vxr on the side meself, just cnt be arsed taking it off.
ill come do it for you mate, lol
Posted By: Nicki C Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 19th May 2006 5:09pm
thought u liked the vxr on the side
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 19th May 2006 5:17pm
I liked them but not keen on them.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 21st May 2006 11:48am
Them alloys look the business.

Your cars coming along nicely paul.

Just need some skirts to finish it off:

"cough cough"

[Linked Image]

You know where to find me if you want them!
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 21st May 2006 2:46pm
if you want skirts mate, then go for the irmscher set
Posted By: Waddi Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 21st May 2006 2:48pm
But I'm not offering to sell him irmscher skirts on the cheap!
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 21st May 2006 3:09pm
I'm looking irmscher sides, I get loads of irmscher bits cheap as my uncle delivers them to lookers garages. So just wait for someone to order them and for vauxhall to go 1 set down in the stock room, but i could be waiting years, if anyone see's any for sale pm me please.

Cheers waddi, but dont think they would go with what i have done to my car.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 21st May 2006 9:20pm
I think the vxr stickers look cool. not out of place TBH.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 24th May 2006 12:42pm
***UPDATE***

New Irmscher M3 Mirrors (SRi)

OLD

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In the middle of my Boot

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Black Mirror Gloss Rear Lights and Side Repeaters

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nicki C Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 24th May 2006 1:03pm
they look pretty, i want sum
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 24th May 2006 1:22pm
Originally posted by Nicki C:
they look pretty, i want sum
Where going to stick them, on your bedroom wall.
Posted By: Nicki C Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 24th May 2006 1:47pm
nope on me new car when i get one, or u could just give me urs when i can drive and u can get a new one
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 24th May 2006 4:22pm
lookin good mate, a great improvement the mirrors are to the car

have you ever considered changing your sunstrip to plain black, i think that it would look more subtle
Posted By: Gary Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 24th May 2006 6:08pm
smoked lights work a treat mate
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 24th May 2006 11:48pm
Originally posted by cor7a:
have you ever considered changing your sunstrip to plain black, i think that it would look more subtle
Been thinking bout that all week, am looking at getting a plain black one, with a thin silver line cross the bottom then CORSA in small letters, on the passenger side.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 25th May 2006 9:02am
No offence but that idea i think would look poop. either keep it or just plain black. you dont want small details large or non.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 25th May 2006 9:13am
Why will is look poop?

Loads of Cali's get it dun and it looks alright.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 26th Sep 2006 4:15pm
Havnt had a mod for a while, due to losing licence, and car being for sale.

Not selling it now.

Just added this bonnet. (not my car in pic)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scoop Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2006 7:23pm
Lower Spoiler Smoothed in
Bumper inserts flushed out
Colour Coded

Springs after xmas, penny less with 700 quid audio bodyshop prices.

Before

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mod edit : Post inserted for continuity
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Nov 2006 8:44pm
the cars quite nice, i think you should loose the bonnet though, its too much and dont look right
I agree with sanchez, still very nice car. Cant say to much about the vent cause I had one on my punto but it didnt seem as out of place as itt does on the corsa in my oppinion think it maybe cause the corsa is very rounded and the vent isnt etc either that or it could be cause the kits is very suttle and the vent aint, really cant put my finger on it. Still if you like it thats what is important and still a very nice car am just being pickky lol. You wana go for springs next think that will finish off the look your after
Posted By: Paul R Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 28th Nov 2006 6:42pm
i like the bonnet, Not to everyones taste, but its my car.

Springs are next, just skint. Re doned audio and the outside so penny less.

Update

Double Din Kenwood Ken-DPX501U
Alpine Mono Amp
Alpine 12" Type R Sub
Alpine Sub Box
Infinity 17cm Door Speakers / Crossovers / Tweeters
Sony Xplod 13cm speakers in Boot
Portable DVD
Posted By: Paul R Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 28th Nov 2006 7:03pm
More Pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Nov 2006 12:44am
looking very stealth mate, the springs will make such a difference, i no coz it did to mine

any more plans?

keep up the work
Posted By: Paul R Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 1st Dec 2006 5:31pm
Springs are next year.

Just got some Vectra B headrest cos i hate the plastic corsa ones. and going to put griffins on the new ones.
Posted By: Paul R Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Jan 2007 1:17pm
Interior

Irmscher Tax Disk Holder
Irmscher Floor Mats
Irmshcer Armrest
One off Interior Light in Back
Vectra B Headrest
Kenwood Double Din Mp3 Player
Infinity Comp Set up
Apline Amp
Apline Sub 12”
Sony Xplod Speakers
LCD Dome Silver
10” Portable DVD Player

Exterior

Irmscher Wind Defectors
Irmscher Front Lower Spoiler (Smoothed In)
Irmscher Rear Roof Spoiler
Colour Coded Bumpers & Arches
Flush Out Bumper Inserts
Limo Black Tints (Back)
Light Smoke (Front)
SRi Lower Grills
Stantard Vauxhall Grill Sprayed same Colour as Car
V Grill Sprayed Black
16” Exclusiv Alloys Sprayed White with Peral Blue

Security

Clifford G5 Intelliguard 950 Alarm

Engine

Pipercross Induction Kit
Performance Pack Upgrade – 15bhp
Irmscher Exhuast
Cat Back Exhaust System

Future Mods

Corsa C Z14XEP Flowmaster System
Dblias Z14XEP Flowtec Manifold System
EBC Turbo Grooved Front Discs - Corsa C 1.4 2000-
EBC Greenstuff Front Pads - Corsa C 1.4 (ABS) 2002-

Maybe in 2008 ------ Dblias Z14XEP Turbo System – i know it’s the price of a new car, BUT ITS FUN, and a 1.4 T is lighter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jonah Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Jan 2007 1:58pm
very tidy matey, gtta be one of the best ut there !!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 29th Jan 2007 4:55pm
lovin the white wheels on black, nice choice mate !
Posted By: Paul R Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Jan 2007 6:00pm
Before anyone says, Bonnet is going and the Jap Exhaust is a stand in while my Irmscher one gets rechromed
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 30th Jan 2007 7:32pm
Originally Posted by Paul R
Before anyone says, Bonnet is going and the Jap Exhaust is a stand in while my Irmscher one gets rechromed

YOU'VE SEEN THE LIGHT [Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul R Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Apr 2007 6:17pm
Since last time i have had the Following done.

Colour Coded
Bumper inserts flush in
Wind Defectors
Irmscher Interior Mats
White and Blue alloys

Went away for the weekend and took a few pics

Spring were brought 3 weeks ago off ebay but havnt turned up SO no one say slam or lower it now

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 27th Apr 2007 10:32pm
looks a lot better.

very nice mate smile

Any other plans for it other than lowering?
Posted By: spinking Re: Paul R : Astra 1.6 : Corsa SXI 1.4 Twinport - 28th Apr 2007 12:21am
Like i have said before looks good matey.

U want to of my comps white matey
send us pm
© Wirral-Wikiwirral