Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 1st Apr 2012 6:17pm
Most of you know i bought this car for the engine and box for my GSi but it turned out this was the wrong model.

Anyway, i since have gotten quite found of this car and have decided to keep it.

Passed it's MOT ((Just needed a fog lamp bulb) and got an advisory on the brakes.

Bought another one off ebay last week and stripped it to the shell.

Upto now...

New calipers on rear
New discs and pads all round
New doors all round
New bonnet
Grey carpet
Reskin on rear leather to grey
4 door panels with new speakers
New coilpack
Greddy dump valve
K&N filter (removed old box)
New plastics around door steps
New center speaker in dash
New tires
New recommended NGK plugs
New alloys

Thats just a couple of things for now smile

Big thanks to DD on helping with the COMPLETE stripdown of the donor car sometimes up until 5:30am oshocked lol happy

[youtube]bTH2mOCd4Rw[/youtube]

Attached picture IMG_1736.JPG
Posted By: SwedishDreamBoat Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 14th Apr 2012 4:21pm
Very nice Steve.

The 9-5 is trionic 7 and requires recirculating valve not an atmospheric dump valve just for reference. The T7 management doesn't know what is going on as it can't monitor the air so get a normal recirc valve back on there smile
Posted By: SwedishDreamBoat Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 14th Apr 2012 4:45pm
Oh also worth mentioning, drop the sump and make sure it's not sludged up or it's terminal for your engine. Common problem.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 15th Apr 2012 11:24am
Originally Posted by SwedishDreamBoat
Very nice Steve.

The 9-5 is trionic 7 and requires recirculating valve not an atmospheric dump valve just for reference. The T7 management doesn't know what is going on as it can't monitor the air so get a normal recirc valve back on there smile

Thanks, it is a recirculating dump valve, that noise you can hear is the wastegate as i have put a K&N filter on it.
Originally Posted by SwedishDreamBoat
Oh also worth mentioning, drop the sump and make sure it's not sludged up or it's terminal for your engine. Common problem.
Yes, heard these engines suffer badly from the sludge problem and i belive theres a mod to stop it from happening which i'm going to look into.

Regular oil changes are a must which is a bit of a pain in the ass but i like the car so don't mind the upkeep costs happy

Did you notice the sound of the clutch "squeak" as it changed gear? Lol, have another engine and box here so will swap the clutch,flywheel and box over when i get my ass into gear.
This cars on 168k the other had only done 121k smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 20th Apr 2012 7:26pm
Lights, do the others tomorrow or sunday, need new plates too as the old ones are shabby smile

Attached picture IMG_2231.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2232.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2233.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2234.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2235.JPG
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 20th Apr 2012 7:30pm
Very nice smile x

Welcome babe
Posted By: SwedishDreamBoat Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 19th Jul 2012 9:53pm
Drove past you and gave you a beep on my bike today. Black lights don't look very good on the saab, nor the astra. Keep at it Ste.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 20th Jul 2012 8:03am
I think the lights look boss
smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 20th Jul 2012 8:43am
The lights look amazing, even the cops said that smile

Anyway, i like them so who gives a shit think
Posted By: SwedishDreamBoat Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 31st Jul 2012 2:47pm
It wasn't a dig Ste you've done a great job of the gsi and the saab by the looks of it smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ste: SAAB 9-5 250 HOT - 19th Aug 2012 5:19pm
GSi gotta go, bored with it now.

Swap why?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral