Forums
Posted By: Garry_St Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:10pm
Hi All
sorry ive not been around much, things have setteled down a bit and i have got myself a new car.
Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution
Number of Seats: 4
Number of Doors: 2
Engine Size: 1,600 cc
Mileage: 51000
Model Year: 2002
Colour: Silver
Metallic Paint: Yes
Transmission: Manual
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
i am going to change the front bumper and bonnet as well as the rear spoiler
hopefull i can come along to the nbext meet hope you like it
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:12pm
Sweet that mate, hope ye can make it to the next meet matey!

Is that front grill standard? I like it!
Posted By: jonah Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:14pm
welcome back ! thats nice mate, very unusual.... Import i take it from the fog light on the back ? thumbsup
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:14pm
yes its standard at the moment?
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:16pm
imported from Australia last year.
Posted By: jonah Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:17pm
nice.... i'd like a Holden imported from Oz if i had the coin....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:18pm
Originally Posted by shadow
yes its standard at the moment?

Never seen one of these car's I dont think, just like the front grill, very neat imho!

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:19pm
I think it looks good as it is, maybe do some thing with the back, but leave the front !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:23pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
but leave the front !

withthat
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:25pm
any ideas on paintshop i will take into account
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Jan 2008 10:33pm
isn't this called an eclipse in the states ?????

Nice cars, have to say
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 23rd Jan 2008 12:58am
never seen one before either.

Looks nice.

Hope you can make it to the next meet smile
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 24th Jan 2008 9:20pm
i am picking my car up tomorrow
just orderd the lower rear spoiler and got the new back box today.
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 27th Jan 2008 10:23pm
cars in the garage having a cam belt and service done
just ordered a stage 1 turbo kit and intercooler
and a double din 7 inch screen indash dvd/cd/mp3/usb/md card
pics to follow
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 2nd Feb 2008 10:38pm
changed the foot pedals today i nee to take some pictures and upload them will do soon
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 3rd Feb 2008 11:00am
new pictures
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 3rd Feb 2008 11:43am
lookin nice mate
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 6th Feb 2008 10:24am

just ordered a stage 1 turbo kit and intercooler

.... more detials happy
nice motor... the tyres look like life rings tho tease
short shift drift kit fitted yesterday and new pod suround for the clocks...

turbo kit with intercooler
Garrett T25 Turbo w/ Wastegate
Cast Exhaust Manifold
Chrome Heat Shield
Downpipe w/ Gasket
TSI Blow Off Valve (BOV)
TSI High Flow Front-Mount Intercooler
Polished Aluminum Intercooler Piping
2 Injectors & Interface Bloc
TSI Injection Control Unit w/ Turbo Timer
Injector Control System Settings
SS Braided lines for Water Cooling
SS Braided lines for Oiling
Return Hose and Fittings for Oil to Pan
All Hoses & Clamps
All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
Generic Install Instructions

[img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d88/coma7000/lancer_kit_tsi.jpg[/img][/img]

all fitted with a custom exhust and 4inch back box
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 14th Feb 2008 9:32pm
i picked up to 12inch sub boxs today i will post pictures tomorrow
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 15th Feb 2008 8:29am
short shift drift kit fitted yesterday and new pod suround for the clocks...

turbo kit with intercooler
Garrett T25 Turbo w/ Wastegate
Cast Exhaust Manifold
Chrome Heat Shield
Downpipe w/ Gasket
TSI Blow Off Valve (BOV)
TSI High Flow Front-Mount Intercooler
Polished Aluminum Intercooler Piping
2 Injectors & Interface Bloc
TSI Injection Control Unit w/ Turbo Timer
Injector Control System Settings
SS Braided lines for Water Cooling
SS Braided lines for Oiling
Return Hose and Fittings for Oil to Pan
All Hoses & Clamps
All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
Generic Install Instructions

[Linked Image]

all fitted with a custom exhust and 4inch back box

Well, good luck mate, at least its not a cheapy ebay kit wink

What sort of management are you going to use, and are you doing any upgrades to the bottom end? Turbo conversions to std engines / pistons / con rods always seem to end with a bang frown
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 15th Feb 2008 12:35pm
You'd know all about engines going bang innit chewy :rolleyes:
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 15th Feb 2008 12:39pm
raftl The only car thats ever let the motor go in a big way was a hire car!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 15th Feb 2008 3:46pm
pmsl !
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 22nd Feb 2008 6:08pm
just a note

the kit has arrived but i am awaiting a pic of all the items
on the piston note i have done some looking into this and i found that the pistons are forged but the con rods are not the garage are going to bear this in mind when its set up and have offered a 12 month warranty on work done also if the pistons should melt they will replace them at no cost to me.
i must point out though that i have done some work for garage owner on his computer setup.

the bonnet vent is being done frist week of the easter holidays and i am thinking of having the bonnet sprayed black.

i am told by the garage that the management system is a piggy back system.
black...hmm..old skool jap...go for it i say
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 28th Feb 2008 8:35pm
bonnet is booked in to do on the 21st march and the car will going into the garage to have the turbo kit fitted on the same day
i am going to try and do a boot install in resin it can only go wrong i will have to take some pics
only have my phone to do them as some thug stole my camera.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 28th Feb 2008 8:48pm
i think i saw you yesterday around 4 on the motorway by asda, was this u or am i seeing things, looked nice in person btw if it was u !
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 28th Feb 2008 9:40pm
yes i was on the motoeway yesterday around that time on my home from work so its possable its was me was i singing think its a habit i have...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 28th Feb 2008 11:01pm
pmsl, well thank god i couldn't here you over the droaning of my diesel van chugging away, as i said though nice motor bud, i hope you do tasteful things to it and keep it lookin nice smile
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 29th Feb 2008 10:59pm
all i have planned is:
bonnet scoop from evo 6
rear lower valance
vortex air spoiler for roof
turbo kit with innercooler
gauges x 3
boot install
finish the colour codeing on the inside
and i have some neons to fit but not too sure about them.

i have been offerd some wheels which i like they are new let me know what you think thay are 15inch but i donr what big wheels any way...
[img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d88/coma7000/ef33_1.jpg[/img][/img]

ps i only have 14inch on the car now
Nice but i think 15" might be a bit to small
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 7th Mar 2008 1:04am
Some pics from Cruisewirral March meet.

Attached picture P1070529.JPG
Attached picture P1070619.JPG
Attached picture P1070555.jpg
Attached picture P1070552.JPG
Attached picture P1070556.JPG
cheers joe nice pics
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 7th Mar 2008 9:38am
Nice looking motor - reminds me of the later Civic Coupes smile

...needs bigger wheels and lowering though... wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 7th Mar 2008 9:45am
hmmmm, not sure i like the 15's mate, too small, i will cast my honest opinion after she is lowered, i think bigger tyres would be better though if your goin to leave it on 15's
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 20th Mar 2008 7:33pm
i have managed to get a rear strut brace upper and lower in carbon the lowering kit should be here next week cleared customs today.
i am going to order a front strut brace and front canards not sure when it will get done but should handle a lot better.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 20th Mar 2008 7:37pm
Saw this the other day on the A41 by carlett park college i was heading towards eastham, you where going towards Bromborough, stands out, looking good.
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 21st Mar 2008 12:49pm
cheers m8 i like to make a statment
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 28th Mar 2008 10:40am
cars in the body shop having the bonnet done
the coilovers have arrived problem will fit next week
the rear stut braces are here fitting them on sunday

i will upload some pics on sunday
Posted By: spinking Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 28th Mar 2008 11:49am
Sweet liked the look of this at the meet but you were leaving when i arrived so will have a look nextime.
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 31st Mar 2008 2:35pm
some pictures
[img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d88/coma7000/100_0958.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d88/coma7000/100_0957.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d88/coma7000/100_0956.jpg[/img][/img]

hopefully i will fitting tomorrow if i get my car back from paintworxs
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 31st Mar 2008 2:42pm
is that just carbon film around metal (carbon look ) are are they real carbon ?
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 31st Mar 2008 3:10pm
there are steel pins in each end but thay are sold as carbon looks nice all the same.
Posted By: spinking Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 31st Mar 2008 3:47pm
I have seen them springs before but never fitted let us know what they are like as my mates thinking of getting some??
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 27th May 2008 11:57am
fusion bass tube fitted looking around for some fusion speakers for the doors and parcel shelf power cap fitted under the bonnet as well as bonnet lifters.
also some neons where fitted under the car and the foot wells and neon wire around the engine bay.
hopfull the manifold will be with me by friday so it will going in the garage asap to have the turbo kit fitted and custom exhurst done i may get them to fit the springs why its there i am on the look out for the audi light strips for the head lights and ice white side lights headlights done over the weekend with ulter white H4s.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 27th May 2008 12:21pm
What size speakers are you looking for dude?
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 27th May 2008 12:24pm
10inch with tweeters
10 inch or 10cm?
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 27th May 2008 7:43pm
sorry 10 cm for the doors
just added a ps2 to the car
dyno demon can fit my car in monday to have the turbo and other bits done so full steam ahead and hopfully the next meet it will all be done
date has changed its now the 16th and will be in for a week
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 6th Jun 2008 10:13am
i now have my audi led side lights and two sets of fusion spaekers to fit busy weekend for me
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 16th Jun 2008 5:03pm
cars in the garage for a week havin the turbo upgrade done
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 14th Jul 2008 8:54am
Car is still in the garage
i could have rebuild the engine in the time its taken to put the turbo in
but hay it should be back with me this week i will upload pics when i get it back
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 14th Jul 2008 9:00am
Originally Posted by Garry_St
cars in the garage for a week havin the turbo upgrade done

Was gonna say........... raftl

Have there been complications?
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 27th Jul 2008 3:31pm
complications is right
steve has done job on the bumper not happy
turbo is fine but exhurst needs sorting out its going in 2morrow again take 2
am not paying till its right..
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 10th Aug 2008 3:42pm
i have had to buy a evo 6 front bumper for the car need painting and fitting will be doing it this week
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 10th Aug 2008 3:45pm
The old bumper no good then?
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 10th Aug 2008 9:20pm
nope been hacked it no good now
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 10th Aug 2008 9:28pm
I take it they fooked it up?

Are they paying for the new one?
Posted By: jonah Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 11th Aug 2008 7:38am
they should do !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 11th Aug 2008 7:50am
Any pics of the printouts from the RR from setting the car up - BHP / Torque / Air/Fuel / Boost graphs etc.

....fixing a messed up bumper is easy, a messed up engine though.... raftl
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 11th Aug 2008 7:40pm
engine is fine at the moment
i have not payed anything till i am happy with outcome
and at the moment i am not
sprayforce are going to sort the exhurst out for me sometime this week i hope as i need it for the v fest thursday
i didnt get the print out but i have asked for it....
will wait and see the outcome.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 12th Aug 2008 7:44am
Is it just the bumper your not happy about matey?

Pics, Pics, Pics!!!

C'mon, throw us a bone here, we are all waiting for some power figures and engine shots grin

220bhp+????
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 12th Aug 2008 8:34am
stu i will try and upload some later
not 100% on power figues at this time but just driving it quick

i am not happy with bumper and exhrust i am going to sprayforce today to have it fixed and DD are paying
the turbo fit is fine the intercooler is fine and all working as it should its just the mapping that is set to low at the moment this is being sorted next week if they wanting paying that is
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shadow : Mitsubishi lancer coupe evoloution - 12th Aug 2008 8:38am
Good stuff matey smile

IIRC you are on a std engine though arnt you? Im pretty sure they will go easy on the boost level if you are running std compression.

What injectors did you go for in the end BTW?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral