Forums
Posted By: corsasportjay corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 31st Dec 2006 9:55am
Hello I have a few more pics of my car which I have had from standard for 2 weeks with my new buckets and also new speedlines!!!! and also new exhaust which is a sraight through remis pipe (loud as fook)! Getting it lowered 60mm this week aswell. I'll do before and after pics ASAP. Let me know what you think with my new mods? TA! laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 31st Dec 2006 11:23am
Looks good matey.

Ask Lawton/corsajohn on here you could prob go even lower then 60mm if you wanted to.

Think i would like the wheels for my 200 in white.
Posted By: scoop Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 31st Dec 2006 12:13pm
Like these wheels,explains why they are so popular with corsas. However,not keen on the rear lights or the 16v badges (imo they look tacky)

And you might wanna take caps lock off dude
Posted By: Rich Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 1st Jan 2007 11:46am
Pick up a BMC CDA if you can stretch to one. Was probably one of the best mods I ever did to mine. Made a fantastic noise at high revs, and combined with a Janspeed de-cat and exhaust got me up to 125bhp.

Rich
Posted By: MrPhil Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 1st Jan 2007 11:53am
wasn't the 1.6 corsa restricted to 105 bhp as they were quicker than the Astra gsi.

like the wheels worth the 700notes brand new.
Posted By: lawton Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 1st Jan 2007 2:09pm
Originally Posted by clj85
wasn't the 1.6 corsa restricted to 105 bhp as they were quicker than the Astra gsi.

like the wheels worth the 700notes brand new.

yep, originally the engine was developed by lotus, and when it was given to vauxhall it was producing 150bhp, but vauxhall had just reliased the astra gsi which had the redtop 150bhp engine in, so vauxhall restricted the 1.6 by tuning it down
Posted By: MrPhil Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 1st Jan 2007 3:14pm
is your 1.4 lotus tuned lawton or just vauxhall?
Posted By: DavidB Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 3rd Jan 2007 6:53pm
Originally Posted by lawton
yep, originally the engine was developed by lotus, and when it was given to vauxhall it was producing 150bhp, but vauxhall had just reliased the astra gsi which had the redtop 150bhp engine in, so vauxhall restricted the 1.6 by tuning it down

Where did you read that chief?
Posted By: DavidB Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 3rd Jan 2007 7:15pm
[Linked Image]

Reminds me of the old 'Redtops had 200bhp, but they had to change the manifold to a restrictive one because it was too fast'.

Lotus did the inlet I think?
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 3rd Jan 2007 11:01pm
New grille and new leather calibre seats in rear!!! have new pics!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 4th Jan 2007 12:04am
Here's a few more piccies

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidB Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 5th Jan 2007 12:06am
Sorry, I meant Vauxhall did the inlet. oshocked

Car looks nice, black is a good colour. Are they Calibra seats over the old Corsa ones?
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 5th Jan 2007 8:35am
yer mate me and lawton did them! just put the sponge and the leather over the corsa back frames! was a bitch but its worth it coz i love it now! hate them fookin dotty corsa pattterns!!! just needs christaning! ta jay smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 5th Jan 2007 12:52pm
I've done that before, getting the edges over the metal is an arse.
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 6th Jan 2007 2:32pm
yer it was a bitch like but ok! worth it in long run!
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 8th Jan 2007 11:08am
New pics of my car lowered 60mm on nove springs. What you think?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dazza Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 8th Jan 2007 1:36pm
Are those tights over your rear lights?
Posted By: scoop Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 8th Jan 2007 2:32pm
oh no,i think they are.

in my opinon mate u shud take them off,and either smoke them using tint spray or leave em red. that looks tacky as hell
Posted By: spinking Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 8th Jan 2007 3:20pm
Originally Posted by Dazza
Are those tights over your rear lights?

raftl sorry to laugh but i can see where Dazza is comming from.

Looks better lowered.

Paint the wheels white.
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 8th Jan 2007 4:22pm
took the 16v badges off they was awful! yes tights are going back in my mums draw 2moz! lol! and workin on the boot 2moz 2 get rid of all stains were badges was!
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 6:59pm
i now have 60mm nova springs so makes it bout 75mm and also got the proper smoked side repeaters and i have sprayed my rear lights tinted black aswell!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 8:57pm
Looks a lot better than the tights.

You certainly do work fast, you not got a job? lol

You might get pulled for them rear lights mate, they look a bit too dark just be careful

whats planned next?
Posted By: peewee Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 9:46pm
All in all it looks great, not my cup of tea but tidy enough,lol at the tights though, not keen on the black lights at all (or legal)
good work otherwise though mate.
BLACK wheels happy
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 10:15pm
Originally Posted by peewee
BLACK wheels happy

definately thumbsup
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 10:29pm
thanks for the comments guys! next is bad boy bonnet and smooth boot! and this week im buying legal lights! dnt no wot but sumit ne ways! and painting drums black tommorrow as blue luks takky!
Posted By: peewee Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 10:48pm
black drums will look way better, glad your sorting the back lights out too, not keen on badboy bonnets but a smooth boot may suit yours.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 10:49pm
Originally Posted by peewee
black drums will look way better, glad your sorting the back lights out too, not keen on badboy bonnets but a smooth boot may suit yours.

took the words out of my mouth
Posted By: scoop Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 9th Jan 2007 10:59pm
a Lawton stlye boot wud be great, not keen on bare tailgates,they look a bit empty, so it'd be nice to keep the reg plate there. Black wheels? maybe a bit much,white wheels? or graphite etc?

Glad u've took the tights off,but u've tinted em too dark,aa light smoking wudda been nice. There is a type of crystal smoked rear light for the corsa that i think is tasteful, that a good suggestion?

Definately an improvement from when u first started, keep tup
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 10th Jan 2007 9:57am
I am buying some black lexus style lights 2day i will have pics soon as theyer on! only because they are well not road legal anymore! lol! ta
Posted By: peewee Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 10th Jan 2007 10:17am
The black lexus lights are the only decent choice imo & why i chose them for mine, i hate the chrome ones with a passion tbh.
Look forward to seeing them on.
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 10th Jan 2007 3:39pm
i have now sprayed the drums black look much better! not in your face now its colour coded with the rest of black! will get more pics when my lights will be on hopefully saturday at latest!
Posted By: DavidB Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 11th Jan 2007 12:25am
Prefer standard rear lights to Lexus any day. Everyone has Lexus ones. Glad you're not painting the drums a mad colour!!
Get down the scrappy and get yourself some discs off a Cavalier.
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 24th Jan 2007 1:02pm
JUST SUM NEW PICS!!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 24th Jan 2007 1:06pm
Lookin good mate, like the lights!

smile
Posted By: scoop Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 24th Jan 2007 1:25pm
getting better, like those back lights. dont look chav
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: corsasportjay : Corsa Sport 1.6 - 24th Jan 2007 3:32pm
lol! thanks guys!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral