Forums
Posted By: missmahjong IVM North - 1st Sep 2013 2:49pm
hi people as we have done The War Museum and Hack Green, i was wondering if any-one fancy,s a trip to Manchester to IVM North which is part of Imperial War Museum,as it follows the 'theme' we have been interested in , it,s free as well, just got to organize lifts ect.
Topics included are Frontline Medicine, and how it,s shaped our lifes.
A 360 deg audio visual,bringing to life people experiences of war.
Air Shard Viewing Platform to view M/C and Cornation St Construction site <small charge>.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: IVM North - 1st Sep 2013 3:00pm
http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-north
Posted By: mrhanky Re: IVM North - 1st Sep 2013 3:04pm
went the other year, was waste of time, hardly anything there!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: IVM North - 1st Sep 2013 3:18pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky

Sorry, but I've got to disagree with you on that. I went with Chriskay a while back and we both found the place really interesting with plenty to see. Well worth the few shekels to go to the viewing platform. Only a short walk over the bridge from the tram stop if you are going on public transport. Manchester tram system - bloody marvellous!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: IVM North - 1st Sep 2013 3:26pm
miss M
Rudebox
Plusone
Posted By: mrhanky Re: IVM North - 1st Sep 2013 3:47pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Originally Posted by mrhanky

Sorry, but I've got to disagree with you on that. I went with Chriskay a while back and we both found the place really interesting with plenty to see. Well worth the few shekels to go to the viewing platform. Only a short walk over the bridge from the tram stop if you are going on public transport. Manchester tram system - bloody marvellous!!

must of filled up a bit since we went, most of it was just empty space when we were there, thinking about it though was probably around 5 years ago when we went??
Posted By: chriskay Re: IVM North - 2nd Sep 2013 6:49pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Only a short walk over the bridge from the tram stop if you are going on public transport.

That may be your definition of a short walk: I make it about 1/2 mile. Oh, and it's two bridges.
Seriously, it's well worth a visit but because of limited parking, I'd suggest train/tram.
£11.60 return Lime St.- Piccadilly then £2.90 return tram Piccadilly - Harbour City (Eccles line).
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: IVM North - 4th Jan 2015 7:09pm
Re- schedule for 2015?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral