Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX The Stranded Wiki's - 25th Aug 2013 10:55pm
After a thoroughly enjoyable late morning/ early afternoon day out at Hack Green Nuclear Bunker with Wiki peeps, the occupents of MissMahjongs veichle decided to U.E 'spot' on the way home.....

Sadly, we found no viable options and so decided to visit the Dalek at Snugsburys.....

Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 165 (Copy).jpg

Description: Nice tree
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 169 (Copy).jpg
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 171 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 25th Aug 2013 11:09pm
The queue for ice cream was HUGE and so we decided to move on.... We ended up at Cheshire Ice Cream Farm

Description: We saw pretty animals
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 185 (Copy).jpg
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 188 (Copy).jpg
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 191 (Copy).jpg
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 206 (Copy).jpg

Description: Oooo-er!
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 210 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 25th Aug 2013 11:16pm
Theres no pictures but after looking at the animals we decided to have an ice- cream. We were all very chilled, enjoying the day, enjoying each others company, enjoying the ice-cream.

I cant remember what flavour each wiki bought- but we were all umming and ahhing over our choices.....

So....we go back to the car
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 25th Aug 2013 11:26pm
wow that darlek is amazing!

Wonder how long it took to build?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 25th Aug 2013 11:32pm
ITS BROKE!!!!!! omg WTF happened there???????

There is no 'RRrrrr' in the Ignition Key!!!!!!

What are we going to do???

Well, we flap about for a bit and then Miss Jong 'remembers' that she is insured!!!!
Who with?
I dont know

Haha her head had melted.

Oh dear!! wink

Suddenly Jong has a brainstorm- we shall phone Slenderman (family member in law) to find us a phone number for her Insurance peeps......

Trouble being....the 'insurance people' that she thougt was just a price comparison site. DuH- her head melted.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 25th Aug 2013 11:39pm
SOOOOOOOOO....what now??

Stuck in the middle of nowhere- bank holiday.

Jong had a bit of phone credit and one stick of battery. Rocks had Giff Gaff minutes and just one stick of memory. I had left my phone at home....
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 12:08am
to be continued .......
Posted By: missmahjong Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 9:40am
LOVING IT ALREADY......LOL
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 10:36am
Love an adventure.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 12:15pm
So we go for a walk in the middle of nowhere to clear our heads and decide what to do.

Description: Where are we?
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 217 (Copy).jpg
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 212 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 12:38pm
After some thought, we ask Slenderman to put out an SOS on Wiki to see if there is anybody out there to save us!!! Keeping the message short and informative is key- resources are low.

Jongy then remembers that she has Marks number stored in her phone and decides to give him in a ring to see if he can assist in any way.

She did not adopt my strategy of keeping it short and sweet but babbled on and on and on.....think it was a mixture of nerves and anxiety but whilst she is assaulting poor Marks ears the rest of us burst into hysterical laughing.

For me,it was the thought of Mark on the end of the phone having his peaceful Bank Holiday disturbed by some half- crazed member of his website just babbling....God knows what Mark was thinking until he calmed her down enough to work out who it was and what she wanted.

Description: Anything in here to help us?
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 230 (Copy).jpg

Description: Scratching heads
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 215 (Copy).jpg

Description: Who we gonna call?
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 218 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 1:04pm
With Mark promising to contact our friends on Wiki, we head back to the farm to find out the postcode of where we were, to top up our dwindling water supplies and find out details of public transport incase we had to resort to Plan B.

We find out that buses to Chester (8 miles away)run hourly and the LAST one is in half an hour!!!

The pressure is on...do we stay put and wait hoping that the phones don't die on us and that somebody actually rings or do we get a shift on for the long trek up a country lane for the elusive last bus, that may or may not turn up????

Suddenly, Rocks phone rings- a beacon of light in the darkness- its Slenderman delivering a message of Hope. Simply

"Expect a call from The Doctor"

We jump about in glee. Jongys phone rings 'Is that the Doctor'? she cries excitadly. It wasn't but it was Joe keen to assist if he could, so after explaining that we thought The Doctor was coming to our aid we ended the call knowing that Joe was now the new Plan B!!!

The Doctor then rang and agreed to come and pick us up and tow the car home.
Excitadly, we pushed the car to where he could more easily see it and sat down on the grass to wait.

We shared our water and four breakfast biscuits, sat on the grass singing the Thompson Twins- 'Doctor Doctor he is on his way to save us, save us....' and waited.

After profusley thanking the Doctor, when he arrived we secured the tow rope and we were off!!!

Five tired, achy, hungry, thirsty Wiki Explorers were saved and brought back to the Wirral.

A massive Thanks to the Doctor and everybody else who assisted in our rescue.

Description: Waiting for the Doctor.
Attached picture Hack green Nuclear Bunker 227 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: Mark Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 1:04pm
I didnt mind lol

The crazy bunch
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 1:19pm
Hurrah for Mark and the Doctor. Hope the car is OK soon.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 1:39pm
A* rude for a brilliant report on are adventure yesterday xxxx
Posted By: Rredd Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 2:00pm
God, what a trauma! x
Posted By: rocks Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 3:52pm
it'll be fun the read again in years to come! smile

Description: the locals were friendly
Attached picture hack green 298 (Copy).JPG
Attached picture hack green 283 (Copy).JPG

Description: keeping busy to pass the time
Attached picture hack green 300 (Copy).JPG

Description: dawn!! steer straight! i cant the steering lock is on! ha
Attached picture hack green 301 (Copy).JPG
Attached picture hack green 302 (Copy).JPG

Description: haha
Attached picture hack green 277 (Copy).JPG
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 4:16pm
HaHa- brilliant!!! How apt is that last one? grin
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 5:18pm
Nice photos ... There were hundreds of people there,Lookin up at the Darlek,
I saw this I had to question the "validity" of the term worshippers from the past,
Just like these people`maybe they just came from far and wide just to look at the awesomeness of these Relics and just got labelled (bit mad I know) so back on topic` the top spins round and lights up.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 5:23pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Nice photos ... There were hundreds of people there,Lookin up at the Darlek,
I saw this I had to question the "validity" of the term worshippers from the past,
Just like these people`maybe they just came from far and wide just to look at the awesomeness of these Relics and just got labelled (bit mad I know) so back on topic` the top spins round and lights up.
Valid point that, Van!! Lovely to meet you and your dad yesterday- already looking forward to the next Wiki Outing.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 5:25pm
Originally Posted by rocks

Amazing pictures there rocks`
`say how did you get the moo cows, to pose for you raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 5:28pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
wow that darlek is amazing!

Wonder how long it took to build?
http://www.snugburys.co.uk/content/sculptures smile
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 5:33pm
You too, Rude.
Posted By: rocks Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 5:58pm

Amazing pictures there rocks`
`say how did you get the moo cows, to pose for you raftl

its not hard im a real life Dr Doolittle haha laugh
Posted By: granny Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 26th Aug 2013 11:19pm
Seems as if you all had a very enjoyable day....plus the excitement. My goodness, it could have been camping out! What time did you all get back, must have been really late?
Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 7:52am
Yes Granny it was a VERY good day, until the car problem, but a lot of humour in the situation was 'had',we brainstormed ideas and got a result. The day started at 9.30 1st pick up and ended at 7.30. A bit of a pain but no-one was hurt.. could have been worse < accident > . thanks
Posted By: missmahjong Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 11:01am
Hi people update on car .....the problem is related to the battery < new one 3 weeks ago as part of the original issue > needs new starter motor .... lucky to get from tranmere to prenton.... Job being done and will be back on the road in time for work.So quite happy ,more money though............Just a run of bad luck...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 2:11pm
omg Not having much luck with that car lately!! frown
Hopefully thats the end of it!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 2:20pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
Hi people update on car .....the problem is related to the battery < new one 3 weeks ago as part of the original issue > needs new starter motor .... lucky to get from tranmere to prenton.... Job being done and will be back on the road in time for work.So quite happy ,more money though............Just a run of bad luck...

What make/model is it missm ? Can't make it out.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 2:32pm
I can answer that. Its a Daewoo Matiz.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 2:56pm
Thanks Rude. happy
Posted By: TheDr Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 4:23pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong

I don't get how they can say its the battery, unless they're replacing it for free in which case who cares.

The car didn't start on the turn of the key, not a click, nothing, but all the lights came on so the battery has power.

The tow start got it going so its either the immobiliser on the ignition barrel or the starter/starter solenoid, it can't be battery related (unless they didn't tighten a wire when replacing the battery, in which case, tighten it and its done).

When you stopped the car it was exactly the same, key put all the lights on but nothing more, if it was a dead cell in the battery it would have clicked or tried to turn over, but there was nothing.
Posted By: Slenderman Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 4:30pm
I've been described as a lot of things but never a 'Beacon of light in the darkness' I love it!

On a side note. I applied for a job in your shop today Doc! Talk about serendipity.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 7:38pm
Hi the car is Deawoo Matiz .....When I got to the garage to-day he tried to start with ignition , nowt ,then got the lad to put charger on, nowt, so said it needed starter motor....
Said it would ready for this after- noon, but it was,nt so now wondering what,s what ......will do catch up 2m
Posted By: Lynda Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 27th Aug 2013 8:38pm
more exciting than our little "mishap" last week........took other halfs daughter to kent, she was returning for uni...and we planned to stay in hotel wednesday night and travel back thursday afternoon. leaving hotel room thursday morning, and he askes where the car keys were....................!!!

I had only gone and lost them!!!! had to ring son to come to the flat and get spare key, pay for another night at hotel and wait for mr postman to bring said key friday morning!..I went out late thursday night for my last smoke before bed, and while talking to the night staff, found out the keys had been in the office all along!! I had left them on the bar wednesday night while ordering coffees!!!! was not impressed as I had reported to the reception staff they were missing, and it turns out that whoever had found them, didnt record them in the lost property book and just left them on the desk in the office!!

Hotel manager gave us full cash refund on the friday morning while we waited for mr posty! (wasnt going to chance leaving before key arrived as couldnt chance they would deffo post it back!)

So we got a free night in hotel, and I nearly had a nervous breakdown looking for the keys and wondering if someone was going to come and nick the car while we slept!!

Thankfully, just like your adventure, alls well that ends well, and the staff at the hotel in kent were fab!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 28th Aug 2013 3:40pm
Oh No Lynda, sounds awful. It's not as even you could enjoy the extra night, being so stressed out!!! frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 4th Jan 2015 3:10am
Here i am now- tickled!!! lol xx
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 4th Jan 2015 7:24am
What a place to break down though hey` Rude,We enjoyed that Day,My old man went on about it for days,Like it was Modern state-of-the-art Bunker,
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 4th Jan 2015 5:33pm
What a place to break down though hey` Rude,We enjoyed that Day,My old man went on about it for days,Like it was Modern state-of-the-art Bunker,
Yer, it was a great day out. laugh
Posted By: rocks Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 4th Jan 2015 11:08pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

it was funny laugh (once we got back home ha)
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: The Stranded Wiki's - 4th Jan 2015 11:24pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

it was funny laugh (once we got back home ha)
yep hilarious lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral