Originally Posted by LiverpoolFC.tv
Javier Mascherano has once again spoken of his desire to stay at Liverpool so he can form a long-term partnership with "one of the best players in the world".

The player Maradona described as a 'monster' is desperate to extend his Anfield deal beyond the summer, claiming Merseyside is the best place for him to become a world-beater.

"By staying here I will become a better player and that way I can help Liverpool to be more successful," said the 23-year-old, who already has 33 international caps to his name.

"It would also be fantastic to form a long-term partnership with Steve Gerrard - everyone knows he is one of the best midfield players in the world."

Mascherano's declaration comes just days after Rafa Benitez reiterated his desire to keep the midfielder at the club.

I am just praying we can find a way to keep him at Anfield, even if it means loaning him for another 3 seasons or summit - I doubt we will pay £17million for him, he is worth every penny as far as player pricing goes, but I doubt we could afford thanks to buying useless crap like Dirk Kuyt etc... Benitez said he rekons Mascherano should be valued around £10million fook off, if Dirk Kuyt is worth £10million, Mascherano is easily worth £20million lol.

Javier Mascherano is already one of the very best holding midfielders in the world, he will become the very best within a couple of years, and he compliments Stevie G's game absolutely perfectly! Most importantly, he keeps re-iterating time and time again his desire to stay at Liverpool, the love he has for the club, the city and the fans, and how happy his family is in Merseyside.

These are the type of players every team in the world want's, and the type of players we need to be the best in the world. With the likes of Carragher, Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, and future stars like Lieva, Agger and Babel we are assembling a team to win everything, and provided Rafa sorts his head out and stops playing shite like Kuyt just for the sake of and stops this rotation nonsense (maybe he has realised after the last two games have gone perfect, both without Kuyt and without rotation), and the team stays fit, its only a matter of time before we bring the Premier League title home.

smile

LiverpoolFC.tv News Report