Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (3 invisible), 12,290 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Looking worse by the minute . Dozen and a half Bio hazzard suits stolen in France yesterday, and today they are suspecting the water supply may have been contaminated and are doing samples every(France that is) Reckon bottled water shops will be doing a roaring trade from tonight, just in case.

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
I (half) heard an item on the BBC World Service in the wee small hours this morning that "Anonymous" are going all out to disrupt the ideological crap spewed out by ISIS. IF that is true, maybe they can't be all that bad !

Bunch of anarchists ! If you read up on them, they seem to get involved in far too much and has been said that they are getting in the way of surveillance and other things now. That of course is just one review. Don't really know but it would seem they were involved in the Arab Spring and various Governments security and the US National Security Agency considered Anonymous a potential national security threat.
Every group or individual who opposes their Government rhetoric is considered a Security Threat!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
I (half) heard an item on the BBC World Service in the wee small hours this morning that "Anonymous" are going all out to disrupt the ideological crap spewed out by ISIS. IF that is true, maybe they can't be all that bad !

Bunch of anarchists ! If you read up on them, they seem to get involved in far too much and has been said that they are getting in the way of surveillance and other things now. That of course is just one review. Don't really know but it would seem they were involved in the Arab Spring and various Governments security and the US National Security Agency considered Anonymous a potential national security threat.
Every group or individual who opposes their Government rhetoric is considered a Security Threat!!

Not simply opposing one Government is it ? Cyberattacks, in countries including the US, UK, Australia, the Netherlands, Spain, and Turkey. Known as digital Robin Hoods and it is suggested they have interfered with surveillance on the ISIS terrorist attacks (which is what the National Security threat is commenting about).They have also cause disruption to Paypal, Visa and Barclaycard, and threatened to bring down Amazon, so I can't see that they can be excused in any way.

Last edited by granny; 23rd Nov 2015 1:31pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Anonymous do not have a command and control structure, generally ideas are put forward by individuals and if anyone wants to act on them they do, there are no official compulsions, obligations or consensus, though needless to say there is a lot of heated discussion at times.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Do you mean a bit like the hijack of the bank in Liverpool, not so long ago ?

I don't fully understand it, but if anyone can join they don't have to use their own identity and the chance of bringing down a Government, or for example any other industry , that is surely classed as anarchy and the bigger it gets the more harm it can do.

Not sure, but it sounds a dangerous outfit.Also, as happened the other day the warning that was given out about a world wide attack by ISIS in the Anonynous name, then retracted saying they didn't know how that happened, there are loop holes too . Serious loopholes !

Last edited by granny; 23rd Nov 2015 4:02pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
It could be dangerous, but the individuals could be more dangerous if they didn't operate together. The mitigation being that as a group they tend to target moralistic causes albeit they are acting as judge and jury and outside the law - its better that they have some focus than randomly attack and destroy just for the sake of it.

And before anyone puts words in my mouth - I have not defended them.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Looks like London will be in for a terrorist attack next.

Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by snowhite
Looks like London will be in for a terrorist attack next.

London is likely to be much more security ready than any of our other major cities which if attacked give ISIS just as much publicity

Forum Master
Forum Master
Although there would be big kudos for ISIL for an attack on London, it would be more difficult as you say because of the tighter security, more likely be in the neglected Northlands.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I found this article resonate.

In the aftermath of the dreadful attacks on Paris last week, another atrocity has found its way into our lives. It's been embedded into western society for years, and I fear the barbaric attacks that killed 129 innocent lives are only going to make matters worse.

I'm talking about Islamophobia.

Many claim that Islamophobia doesn't exist. Try telling that to the Muslim girl hounded with racist abuse on a London train, the hijab-wearing Muslim woman brutally attacked on a busy street, or the Muslim population in France who are changing their behaviour - avoiding going out after 6pm - in case they're attacked.

A recent report by the Islamic Human Rights Commission (IHRC) found that two-thirds of the Muslim population in Britain admitted they had been subject to verbal abuse, and 82 percent said they had witnessed Islamophobia. Reported cases of physical assault have risen by four percent over the last five years.

Just a few days ago, an 81 year old man pushed a hijab-wearing Muslim woman into an oncoming train on the London underground. Thankfully she survived - suffering minor injuries - though her shock and fear will continue to live on.

A quick scroll through my Facebook feed following the attacks in Paris showed the abhorrent ignorance and racism that lies within many whom I considered friends - they have all been privately messaged and subsequently removed, though I will be sending this post to them.

"It's time for us to take matters into our own hands. If we don't want Paris to happen to us then we must go into every mosque in the country and close it down. It's time to stamp out Islam as a religion" read one post on my Facebook timeline just an hour after the attack.

Sadly this wasn't a single occurrence, I saw more posts condemning the entire Muslim population than I did posts showing solidarity with the victims and their families.

Another ignorant, though less extreme post read: "The scenes in Paris are heartbreaking. Every Muslim leader needs to come out and condemn this attack."

Muslim leaders have in fact been coming out to condemn the attack, examples can be seen here, here, and here.

The problem is that they shouldn't have to. If they want to, then that is their prerogative and it's admirable that they do. However, by asking someone to apologise you're implying that it's they who are to blame. Muslims are NOT to blame, they themselves are also being targeted and killed.

A few days before the Paris atrocities, ISIS co-ordinated a suicide attack in Beirut, killing 43 people in the process - the majority of the dead being Sunni Muslims. Just days before that, ISIS extremists lined up and shot dead at least 50 men, women and children in Iraq.

ISIS are responsible for more Muslim deaths than western victims. Yet instead of coming together against the mutual enemy, masses of people are targeting a specific group in society, a group who are also being slaughtered by the hands of this terrorist organisation. Demonising an entire religion based on the actions of a few extremists is not only wrong, but twisted and dangerous. It causes tension, divides communities, and leads onto horrendous crimes. The perpetrator's ignorance and prejudice in labelling an entire religion as such is what the country should be worrying about.

Do the actions of the Westboro Baptists speak for the entire Christian population? the Ku Klux Klan? Catholic peadophile priests? No. Of course not, the suggestion of it would dismissed almost instantaneously.

When Anders Breivik killed 77 people in the 2011 Norway attacks, no one expected Christians to come out and condemn him, no one called into question the intention of the entire Christian population. Instead, he was hailed up as a mentally troubled lone wolf.

Despite this, masses of people seem to find it logical that all Muslims are in fact Kalashnikov wielding, Islamic State terrorists. There is no rational argument to support this.

There are 1.57 billion Muslims in the world - ISIS is made up from less than 1% of this figure - but yes, all Muslims are terrorists right? It's common sense...
We should be coming together to show solidarity for France and the families of the victims and survivors - not using the attack to aid a personal agenda of hatred and to incite violence.

The murder of 129 innocent civilians in Paris last week, the attack on the World Trade Center in 2001, and the London bombings of 2005 were not carried out by Muslims. They were carried out by jihadists. They're terrorists; Islamist fundamentalists who have manipulated the writings of a religion to suit their own perverted narrative, ideology, and collective gain.

Another result of the attacks in Paris has been a resurgence of hatred towards the refugees fleeing Syria. One of the terrorists was reported to have been a Syrian refugee which further sent the hyperbole regarding accepting refugees into meltdown.

'Shut our borders', 'place armed police on the streets', 'put the country on lockdown' are examples of just a few of the comments making the rounds on social media.

Yes we need to fight ISIS, we need to neutralise them - save the thousands of innocent lives who are being killed in the masses. However, we don't do that by turning our own societies into the oppressive regimes which we have historically fought so hard against. We do not turn our back on those in need.

As has been previously covered, the events that shook Paris last week are happening every single day in ISIS controlled territory. The refugees aren't fleeing because they want to "steal your benefits" or "take over your country". They're fleeing because their homes are being destroyed and their families lined up and shot in front of them.

Despite the attack - and the subsequent pressure not to - France is still accepting 30,000 Syrian refugees. They are not conforming to the aims of a terrorist organisation, they're defying it.

If we continue with this process of separation and violence then we will only get more of the same. ISIS heavily relies on propaganda, and by creating hatred towards Muslims in the western world, they're playing a clever strategy. Their aim is for us to be scared, they want our society to be persecuting the Muslim population - their hope is that they will gain more recruits.

If you're one of the people fear-mongering, spreading hatred, or inciting violence then congratulations, you're not fighting ISIS, you're aiding and abetting them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/lewis-parker/all-muslims-are-terrorist_b_8602478.html

Forum Master
Forum Master
Rude you say they shouldn't have to comment, why? every other community from different parts of the world have spoken out, to coin a phrase "their silence is deafening"

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The silence IS deafening, Casper. Probably because their mission is to educate the world, and political Islam is taken from the Quran.
Their one goal is to unite the world in one faith. So it is understandable when people feel discouraged about having their countries swamped with a totally different culture, political views and faith all rolled into one.

Of course, in the article quoted above is a twisted observation and their is no mention of countless Christians slaughtered by various groups of Islam in just as many different countries . There is a very strange conclusion that all refugees are Muslim. How ridiculous ! A huge proportion are Christian who have been chased out of their homeland.

I am sick of these people who bat on about one particular fraction of what goes on because they prefer to close their eyes to what is really happening world wide. My sympathy goes out to Muslim in many ways, the same as it does to any group of people who are persecuted, but I can also fully understand the worries and concerns that others, including Government might have.
The bits of propaganda being spewed out in the name of inverted racists. 'How bloody marvellous am I, I support the Muslims, no one can say I'm a racist'. Well they are inverted racists, they are inverted racist to their own people, they are inverted racists to their neighbours ,they are inverted racists to the very basis of Christian cultures, which Europe is based upon, and they are inverted racists to the Syrian/Iraqi and African Christians who have already fled from their Muslim brothers. Add to that a load of extreme propaganda that is being bilged out.

Have a look at these figures and the perpetrators are not only ISIS. This is the way they operate and this is they way they get the end result, but recruiting under extreme conditions. Once in, never out so to speak. No wonder people are worried.
The Religion of Peace!
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/christianattacks.htm

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
I watched a program on ch4 last night, women Isis supporters in Britain, it gave an insight into what's going on in our country, the ch4 undercover girl attended a meeting held by known extremists who were openly spouting their bile all this with the police standing in the background, throughout the program up to three women on the internet were inciting the undercover girl to go to Syria to fight the kuffir, I cant believe that this is allowed to go on, no wonder we have become a laughing stock, further to rudes post I recall him praising the opposition to the fascists arriving in Liverpool to spread their hate, quite right to, so why wouldn't he expect Muslims to turn out to oppose or at least voice their opposition to the Muslim bigots spreading hate and infecting their communities? and what would happen if the police intervened? the probability is that the whole community would turn on them.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Even Sweden, one of the most tolerant countries in the Western World, is now baulking at the potential "takeover" of their country.

The stability of all countries is being challenged (and being manipulated by more than one country), doing more actions that increase instability will be a heavy cost in the long term.

The end result everybody wants is stability, everything we do now should be targeting stability.

Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Originally Posted by casper
I watched a program on ch4 last night, women Isis supporters in Britain, it gave an insight into what's going on in our country, the ch4 undercover girl attended a meeting held by known extremists who were openly spouting their bile all this with the police standing in the background, throughout the program up to three women on the internet were inciting the undercover girl to go to Syria to fight the kuffir, I cant believe that this is allowed to go on, no wonder we have become a laughing stock, further to rudes post I recall him praising the opposition to the fascists arriving in Liverpool to spread their hate, quite right to, so why wouldn't he expect Muslims to turn out to oppose or at least voice their opposition to the Muslim bigots spreading hate and infecting their communities? and what would happen if the police intervened? the probability is that the whole community would turn on them.

I missed half of that program.It was quite an eye opener wasn t it.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,610 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,950 Spotted!