Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (1 invisible), 9,835 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by j_demo
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
mental illness that you call Islam

you see, Islam is a religion, and if you call Islam a mental illness then you have to call EVERY religion a mental illness, surely?

Very noble point made. However, if you are an atheist, surely your own view must be, broadly speaking, much the same ?
I don't understand how any atheist can be supportive of any religion, because atheist don't believe in any deity. Therefore it's all 'hocus pocus' !
So maybe it would be better if accusations are made against people who portray to follow the religion of Islam and would that make it any easier ?
Surely you have to agree, that if you had a close relative or friend who had been decapitated or shot in the name of Islam, you too would not have much confidence in the system of protection. Let's not forget that many have still not been able to forgive the 'Germans' for the atrocities committed 70 years ago, and so far we do not know how many atrocities have been committed by ISIS. I understand what you are trying to get across, but as approx. 700 have gone from the British Muslim community and they suspect a total of 6000 Europeans have gone to fight for jihadist in Syria, radicalisation is on the up and beginning to spread like a disease !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by j_demo
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
mental illness that you call Islam

you see, Islam is a religion, and if you call Islam a mental illness then you have to call EVERY religion a mental illness, surely?

Very noble point made. However, if you are an atheist, surely your own view must be, broadly speaking, much the same ?
I don't understand how any atheist can be supportive of any religion, because atheist don't believe in any deity. Therefore it's all 'hocus pocus' !
So maybe it would be better if accusations are made against people who portray to follow the religion of Islam and would that make it any easier ?
Surely you have to agree, that if you had a close relative or friend who had been decapitated or shot in the name of Islam, you too would not have much confidence in the system of protection. Let's not forget that many have still not been able to forgive the 'Germans' for the atrocities committed 70 years ago, and so far we do not know how many atrocities have been committed by ISIS. I understand what you are trying to get across, but as approx. 700 have gone from the British Muslim community and they suspect a total of 6000 Europeans have gone to fight for jihadist in Syria, radicalisation is on the up and beginning to spread like a disease !

no i completely understand your point, i'm not one of the ultimate atheist type that think every religion is witchcraft, i'm the type that doesn't really care, believe what you want to believe as long as you don't ram it down my throat. The problem i have with islamophobia is that it's targeting EVERY muslim person and that is something i don't want to deal with. I accept there's always someone who will go against the grain in any community or religion but don't tarnish the rest of said community because of that one person.

just because less than 1% of muslims are on some sort of jihad against "the west" that doesn't mean ALL of them are. the reason i'm kind of getting wound up about all this is because i work with a few muslim's and on a daily basis they are with the rest of us in not understanding the ISIS angle. they actively distance themselves from ISIS, they are peaceful and lovely people and when i hear or see people say "muslims this, muslims that" then it riles me up. Other than the examples i've previously given, i could go on and on and on generalising whole communities and religions until the cows come home but i don't want to because frankly i'm not a dick.

I do accept SOME muslims are bad people, but so are some catholics, some jews, some protestants, some buddhists, some jehovah's witnesses, some hare krishna's, etc etc. i know i go on defending religions when i'm an atheist, but i'm not defending a religion per se, i'm defending the people within that religion who are nice, honest, hard working people who don't have an evil bone in their body. I treat everyone as an individual because everyone is an individual no matter their colour, heritage, religion, nationality, sexuality or political stance and is it too much for me to expect others to at least consider having the same stance and not generalising and ostracising whole religions and communities???

Last edited by Mark; 27th Jun 2015 10:05pm.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Well said J-demo, and I think that almost just about everyone would agree with your synopsis in general.

Unfortunately, people are becoming wary and scared of the recent dreadful happenings and if people in certain communities are shielding others, of which I am sure is happening, then everyone comes under the flag of suspicion.

How is it that Tunisia, a Muslim country, is about to close over 80 Mosques ? That in itself sends loud messages.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

no i completely understand your point, i'm not one of the ultimate atheist type that think every religion is witchcraft, i'm the type that doesn't really care, believe what you want to believe as long as you don't ram it down my throat. The problem i have with islamophobia that it's targeting EVERY muslim person and that is something i don't want to deal with. I accept there's always someone who will go against the grain in any community or religion but don't tarnish the rest of said community because of that one person.

just because less than 1% of muslims are on some sort of jihad against "the west" that doesn't mean ALL of them are. the reason i'm kind of getting wound up about all this is because i work with a few muslim's and on a daily basis they are with the rest of us in not understanding the ISIS angle. they actively distance themselves from ISIS, they are peaceful and lovely people and when i hear or see people say "muslims this, muslims that" then it riles me up. Other than the examples i've previously given, i could go on and on and on generalising whole communities and religions until the cows come home but i don't want to because frankly i'm not a dick.

I do accept SOME muslims are bad people, but so are some catholics, some jews, some protestants, some buddhists, some jehovah's witnesses, some hare krishna's, etc etc. i know i go on defending religions when i'm an atheist, but i'm not defending a religion per se, i'm defending the people within that religion who are nice, honest, hard working people who don't have an evil bone in their body. I treat everyone as an individual because everyone is an individual no matter their colour, heritage, religion, nationality, sexuality or political stance and is it too much for me to expect others to at least consider having the same stance and not generalising and ostracising whole religions and communities???

Well said j-demo clap clap

Last edited by Mark; 27th Jun 2015 10:07pm. Reason: Comments out of Context after edits
Smartchild
Smartchild
I feel that it's just a tragic moment in life , a psycho decides to go on a killing spree , happens a lot in America ... could argue that it's fearmongery on the part of our government as it's all over the news pages and channels , or that it's a distraction from the true atrocities in life .... like the Royal family needing a 150 million pound refurbishment , or the national minimum wage or average people working until you're in your mid sixties ,just to pay bills and more importantly to make the government and monarchy even richer !!! Oh but aren't Muslim's bad hey .... let's go to war !!! pffft

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by GaryFromWirral
I feel that it's just a tragic moment in life , a psycho decides to go on a killing spree , happens a lot in America ... could argue that it's fearmongery on the part of our government as it's all over the news pages and channels , or that it's a distraction from the true atrocities in life .... like the Royal family needing a 150 million pound refurbishment , or the national minimum wage or average people working until you're in your mid sixties ,just to pay bills and more importantly to make the government and monarchy even richer !!! Oh but aren't Muslim's bad hey .... let's go to war !!! pffft
withthat clap clap

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by GaryFromWirral

That sort of comment is beyond comprehension . How could you compare national minimum wage, working until mid sixties etc. with the abomination of beheading of children for a start ? Disgusting response with a very selfish attitude .

~Chief Seattle
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Do we want to become like US and other countries where its a right for joe public to bear arms--or will we just end up in a bigger mess with so many brainless idiots on our streets doped to the eyes

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Ironic juxtaposition of charity advert at the top of the home page.

Smartchild
Smartchild
I don't expect everyone to have the exact same opinion or to comprehend my views and could not care less for yours Granny !! It's atrocious the way people act and think these days , I'm certain that our government and monarchy are responsible for far worse atrocities and crimes than what's reported in the news (which is fearmongery) was my point ... if that makes it easier for you to comprehend !! but aren't Muslim's bad hey ? Not the government or monarchy being modern day slave driving bullies (which is far more important) , so tragic those innocent people who died as a result of a psycho attacking them in Tunisia , Lyon and Kuwait I believe .. but their suffering is over as all of ours continue !!

ah well

Forum Master
Forum Master
OMG Gary! You are unbelievable!! You glibly pass this off and moan and blame everyone else for your woes, good job you don't live in another country you'd get no benefits at all! Their suffering is over you say, theres families lost their mothers, father, sons, daughters etc, is their suffering over too? You offend me!

Wiki Guardian
Wiki Guardian
The only thing you are suffering from Gary is smoking too much dope !!!

Smartchild
Smartchild
I'm not on benefits and I don't smoke dope, nor could I care less for you being offended by opinions that you don't share or understand as your remarks show how intolerant and ignorant you truly are , I was talking about the whole populations woes being more important than a scaremongering campaign so get that straight !

As for stating the obvious regarding the murdered people's families ... of course they are suffering ! I didn't say they weren't did I ? Just because you're offended ,doesn't mean you're right !

Forum Master
Forum Master
Well glad to hear you're not on benefits anymore Gary, good for you! It's you that wants to wake up and smell the coffee!! Scaremongering campaign indeed. This is not going to go away quickly and more atrocities will take place, in your opinion just simply tragic moments in life. You should have started a new thread and not put your crass insensitive comments on this one.....

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Gary, perhaps you should give your fleshlight a bashing, you seem a bit overwrought old love.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,215 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,297 Spotted!