any one any idea of who had the large house built and what was the occupation of the that person
The house was built for John Torr, born 1813, Riby, Lincolnshire, son of William Torr, Gentleman Farmer.
In 1845 he married Louisa Dempsey in Liverpool.
Canon William Edward Torr, born 1852 was their son.
The house was completed in 1860, designed by T Wyatt who was also the architect for Exchange Buildings, Liverpool.
John Torr died at Carlett Park in 1880, during his life he worked in the cotton trade, later a Merchant and Member of Parliament for Liverpool from 1873.