Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
16 members (3 invisible), 11,836 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
venice #942232 16th Apr 2015 10:46am
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by venice
Bet Esther McVey was pleased that Nicholson hadnt come out with his claims about the NHS before that event.

.... who can believe all he says, with a track record like his ?

The following is of interest ,although obviously not of his making. So much involved toward the present position of the NHS. What a waste of money !.....

In April 2007, the Public Accounts Committee of the House of Commons issued a damning 175-page report on the programme. The Committee chairman, Edward Leigh, claimed "This is the biggest IT project in the world and it is turning into the biggest disaster." The report concluded that, despite a probable expenditure of 20 billion pounds "at the present rate of progress it is unlikely that significant clinical benefits will be delivered by the end of the contract period."

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
venice #942272 16th Apr 2015 2:11pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Bet Esther McVey was pleased that Nicholson hadnt come out with his claims about the NHS before that event.
She was schooled. grin

granny #942491 17th Apr 2015 10:09am
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by granny

Opinions differ, and I wouldn't even consider that the chance of someone owning their own home is something that should not happen. My generation were very lucky to have that advantage, and it should not be denied to others if possible, but adding that I hope it wouldn't be open to immigrants or EU members, mainly because many of our own would be more than happy to have their own home and possibly the only way they could. Foreigners would only rent them out again anyway, and there should be a clause included to stop that happening until 10 years have past, or some such thing.

Sincerely hope we don't have a coalition including the SNP sitting in Westminster.

I agree with you Granny that its desirable for people to have the chance of their own homes, but Why instead of having people buy their council houses for up to 70% of their worth, and then after a time having the right to sell on for whatever its worth now ( like council house tenant the other day now sitting on £1.25 million ) - why dont they make it that you have to offer it back to the council or housing assoc first, with the same percentage discount you had been given . That way, people would have the right to buy, and when they sell, still have a % profit of any rise in value. And the council/housing assoc would still have a house to let to the ever increasing number of desperate people.

Last edited by venice; 17th Apr 2015 10:11am.
venice #942499 17th Apr 2015 10:57am
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Good idea Venice, but possibly after years of home improvements and extensions, the Councils would not wish to purchase them.
To be viable, the work would have to be done by registered companies, and many will do DIY home improvements. Health and safety and all that !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
venice #942525 17th Apr 2015 11:51am
Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by granny

Opinions differ, and I wouldn't even consider that the chance of someone owning their own home is something that should not happen. My generation were very lucky to have that advantage, and it should not be denied to others if possible, but adding that I hope it wouldn't be open to immigrants or EU members, mainly because many of our own would be more than happy to have their own home and possibly the only way they could. Foreigners would only rent them out again anyway, and there should be a clause included to stop that happening until 10 years have past, or some such thing.

Sincerely hope we don't have a coalition including the SNP sitting in Westminster.

I agree with you Granny that its desirable for people to have the chance of their own homes, but Why instead of having people buy their council houses for up to 70% of their worth, and then after a time having the right to sell on for whatever its worth now ( like council house tenant the other day now sitting on £1.25 million ) - why dont they make it that you have to offer it back to the council or housing assoc first, with the same percentage discount you had been given . That way, people would have the right to buy, and when they sell, still have a % profit of any rise in value. And the council/housing assoc would still have a house to let to the ever increasing number of desperate people.

I agree with both your posts.

I'd suggest using brownfield sites to build prefabricated housing starting from one bedroom units on which more rooms could be added to as the need grew
Google prefabricated housing
I can't find the site where a 3 bedroomed house was made from tons of plastic from a tip for about £40,000

granny #942531 17th Apr 2015 12:18pm
Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran

derekdwc #942606 17th Apr 2015 8:34pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by derekdwc
I'd suggest using brownfield sites to build prefabricated housing starting from one bedroom units on which more rooms could be added to as the need grew

Brownfield sites are normally ex-industrial sites located in industrial areas, don't we want to keep them for future industry?

There are loads of demolished residential areas around, the landowners should be forced to either build or sell, I think planning permission should be extended to include demolition and so dictate the future of the land, it seems very wrong that anyone can demolish a property and create empty unused land without planning permission.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
granny #942681 18th Apr 2015 2:11pm
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Who knew that Ed Milliband was speaking at Pensby High School this morning ?
Televised on BBC.
Just can't help that vision of him with a couple of bobbing antennae on his head. His ability to blink so much seems to say 'I am so important, I do not need to see you'.

Half his manifesto seems to be focused on admitting(not apologising for) all the things the labour government got wrong last time around (he's forgotten he played a major part in all of that), seems to have taken him a long time to admit it.
Never, ever to be trusted again and really, really don't like him either. Silver tongued creep.
They'll never get my vote.....sorry Casper, a definite NO.

~Chief Seattle
granny #942732 18th Apr 2015 6:02pm
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
....and the other one, is about to get rid of the blue and fill it with orange.

Attached Images
untitled.pngll.png

~Chief Seattle
granny #942734 18th Apr 2015 6:26pm
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Must have been a party faithful meeting, didn't recognise any faces as I don't live too far away from Pensby, me I'am voting UKIP seems I'am a racist, fruitloop, for doing so, I find it unbelievable, I live on an island part of the British Isles if I want to go to other countries I need to fly or take a ferry or train, anyone from another country coming here has to do the same, we had colonies which were turned into a group of countries called Commonwealth countries which decided to run their own affairs, people from these country's came to study or came as sailors and quite a few stayed and lived around the Mersey even to having one of the first mosques in Liverpool in the 1890s, we've had immigration for a few hundred years into this area and they've been assimilated and are part of the people of the Mersey area, you can't allow 300,000 people in a year and expect housing, schooling, NHS etc to absorb that amount, we have to look why people want to come here when they travel through a number of country's that they could stop in without fear or threat to their lives, me I'am still a racist and a fruitloop for mentioning that word "IMMIGRATION".

davew3 #942760 18th Apr 2015 11:49pm
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Well Davew , I wouldn't be a bit surprised if many others were likely to be supporting UKIP.
At the moment, Farage seems to be saying exactly what he's up for, no fibs. The ordinary public want and need the truth, of which most politicians are not really parting with.
Just because people are looking for an answer to curbing the immigration figures does not mean they are racist or odd.
When we look at the map of Europe and look at the size of our little island in comparison, it's simply not possible to keep the same pace for the next number of years and it's grossly unfair of Europe to expect it of us.
Most of those who think the same are frightened of their own thoughts, including the politicians. When many of them have immigrant backgrounds, they can hardly decry others coming into the country and when London has more than half it's population who are not indigenous, a lot of votes could be lost if it was discussed with any deep meaning. The whole idea is pre-planned for a multi racial society, and whether we like it or not, we will get it. I also think that this business of selling off housing stock and replacing it with newer cheaper, smaller properties, will be for the benefit of immigration and as they can't take many more in the southern part of the country, it will be an opportunity to integrate everyone. HS2 is another scheme to filter out the over population of London.

Watch out for UKIP and their supporters, I really believe they could and will do a lot better than the phoney reports are telling us at the moment.
Mind you, one of them from Great Yarmouth has been arrested tonight. Another slip of the fist! Not good and doesn't help the campaign one bit does it ?

Last edited by granny; 18th Apr 2015 11:58pm.

~Chief Seattle
granny #942765 19th Apr 2015 8:12am
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
The big problem that I see with Nigel Farage's ideas on immigration is that it means pulling out of the European Union. That would be a disaster for us, we would lose the free market within EU , 500 million consumers lost overnight. Now, when we trade with Japan, China and other big players we are negotiating on behalf of what represents 20% of the world's GDP. Our standing as a global force would disappear as alone we are about 1% of world population.Farage is right that we allow too many immigrants in and perhaps his idea of a points system makes some sense. UK is slowly sinking under the numbers coming in, the infrastructure simply cannot cope which leads to high house prices which makes it almost impossible for people to get onto or move up the housing ladder.

Salmon #942782 19th Apr 2015 9:59am
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
To put in in a nice way Salmon, "rubbish" it's a 60-40 split with more goods from trade from Europe coming to us, can you see the European car companies stop trading with Britain and let Japan and Korean cars takeover, even all our exports that go via the European hub to the rest of the world spend 3 days in the EU then are exported as EU exports, why not look to Liverpool and it's getting built ocean container port, we are a trading nation with a growing economic Commonwealth of nations in Asia we can trade with, Europe is a dying backwater and is taking us with it, trade with Europe but dump the expensive EU, nothing wrong with Europeans, well apart from the their competition, when the EU signs off with the accountants where all those billions have been sprayed then we see if we need them, 20years of unsigned accounting if you had a business would put you in jail.

Last edited by davew3; 19th Apr 2015 10:01am.
davew3 #942800 19th Apr 2015 12:19pm
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by davew3
To put in in a nice way Salmon, "rubbish" it's a 60-40 split with more goods from trade from Europe coming to us, can you see the European car companies stop trading with Britain and let Japan and Korean cars takeover, even all our exports that go via the European hub to the rest of the world spend 3 days in the EU then are exported as EU exports, why not look to Liverpool and it's getting built ocean container port, we are a trading nation with a growing economic Commonwealth of nations in Asia we can trade with, Europe is a dying backwater and is taking us with it, trade with Europe but dump the expensive EU, nothing wrong with Europeans, well apart from the their competition, when the EU signs off with the accountants where all those billions have been sprayed then we see if we need them, 20years of unsigned accounting if you had a business would put you in jail.

That is what I call an intelligent response "rubbish"

granny #942807 19th Apr 2015 1:44pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Nigel Farage is not proposing breaking free trade links with Europe, he is proposing to have a trade agreement with Europe the same as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland have.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,529 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,820 Spotted!