was said to have been treated for smoke inhalation after clothes caught fire in a flat above a Wallasey newsagents.
Neighbours said the flat above Sarj’s News
& Booze on Poulton Road caught fire after clothes were reportedly left to dry above a fireplace, while the Baby
and its mother were in the shop.
People at the scene said they heard a woman screaming and banging on their doors telling them to get out.
One resident, who lives in the street opposite, said she was awoken by screams at about 7:45pm.
Louise Trevitt, 28, said: “My friend lives next door to the flat, she came and knocked on my door and told me that the flat above the newsagents was on fire.”
A passerby said she had seen a woman and Baby
being taken into an ambulance.
The fire at Sarj's News
and Booze, in Poulton Road, Wallasey.