Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
6 members (2 invisible), 9,961 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Forum Master
Forum Master
Thanks Rude for putting that up, was wondering how he was.

Google Ads
OP Offline
Cools,

As far as I know, there were no groups represented last night, just residents

It is perhaps the case that certain individuals had issues with the politicians last night & used the forum accordingly but they are not doing it as representatives of the Save Rock Ferry group.

It is also wrong, as I said on my previous post, that they represented the Green Party in any way. I have met the prospective Green Party councillor through this campaign & he has been nothing but supportive to us. However, he is not representative of us & came in an individual capacity last night. I am also certain he is not one of the individuals that you refer to. He is the gentleman who asked if we could write directly to the Secretary of State with our concerns / thoughts. Please be assured too that he did not bring any group agitators with him to the meeting.

I can also assure you that I personally have no political affiliation & indeed would welcome support from any influential source if it helps achieve a positive outcome for the site.

As I said, a strange & unfortunate meeting in many ways but I think it's important that the facts as I know them are presented correctly as we can only achieve a positive solution by working from a position of openness & trust.

I will end by once again wishing Mr Field well & a speedy recovery.

Alison

Forum Master
Forum Master
Ok thanks LT. Hope the next meeting will be better and more constructive. I realise that you must be disappointed and upset the way it turned out. Keep up the good work.

OP Offline
Thanks Cools - Appreciated.

We had action plans in place for the coming week including further press coverage but I will not be making any further comments in the circumstances until the situation becomes clearer.

My concern is with Mr Field right now & I trust & hope that he will soon be back in robust health.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'm sure Frank wouldn't want his situation to slow things down.

And I wouldn't let the other idiots change your plans one iota.

Were they a developer's rent-a-crowd? There are a lot of developers and building companies working around the area at the moment, their employee's interests wouldn't necessarily tie in with yours.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Beginner
Beginner
A local resident here , present at all three meetings.
At the last meeting we had a screeching lady take to the stage , ranting on about something ,which for the life of me ,I cannot remember what.We also had a nice gentleman ranting on about history lessons (was he an ex RFHS pupil?).
It was about then that the local police had to take to the stage to give a verbal warning.The nice gentleman also came out with some very sordid comments as people were leaving the church.
Local residents? Good debate ? I will let you make your mind up on that.

Last edited by tizerman; 18th Mar 2015 11:31am.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I notice Colin Dow is saying that the police prevented anybody else talking apart from Frank Field and his buddies.

Colin is also saying that Frank was criticising the people who got Ravenswood listed. I think Colin attributed the words "small minded" to Frank's description of the listing people.

The other comments were along the lines that people had been let down on agreements that had been made at the previous meeting with regard to access to the site and other matters.

(source was two direct posts by Colin Dow, not via media interpretation).

I have also been told that Colin is saying that there were no people shouting down the meeting.

Please note: These are NOT my opinions, don't shoot the messenger.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Smartchild
Smartchild
Thanks for that DD, it's intriguing to see conflicting viewpoints over how the meeting went. We have those that say noisy confrontation took place and now one saying it didn't. If those participating can't agree how it went then how on earth can they expect to agree on anything of substance?

Forum Master
Forum Master
Who is Colin Dow? Did he really attend this last meeting because I did!! It was as I said a group of people determined to scream and shout about their gripes with Frank Field about something said on an e-mail, I think! It was hard to understand them as they shouted and ranted do much! The police stepped in to try and restore some order as one demented woman had taken over the Mike and screaming into that about God knows!! I,m not really into politics but I was interested to see if anything had been decided about RFH and as far as I was concerned these people scuppered the meeting and as I say in my opinion just wanted to verbally attack Frank Field who as everybody now knows collapsed. I,m glad to hear Mr Field is making a recovery.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
(Andrew) Colin Dow was a labour councillor that got kicked out the Labour Party around 2001 for bullying other members. Colin defected to the Green Party.

Since then he has stood locally under the party "WIN Genuine Candidate", WIN standing for Wirral Independent Network, it may have affiliation to the national "Community Action Party".

He is a Green activist, whether he is a member of the Green Party at the moment I have no idea, in February he pledged to vote for the Green Party.

While he can talk sense, imho he has too many chips on his shoulders.

Colin purportedly took out his camera to photograph Frank Field when he collapsed but was asked not to.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Colin purportedly took out his camera to photograph Frank Field when he collapsed but was asked not to.
Enough said. thumbsdown

Forum Master
Forum Master
Thanks DD . Did look him up and was not surprised to see he was connected to Green Party. That explains all! How disgusting of him if that happened with camera, although it doesn,t surprise me after witnessing the chaos and barracking that went on by this group of people who we don,t know who they represented.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
My sister went,she told me what had happened.

There WAS shouting and confrontation at frank field.

OP Offline
Ok, Alison here who started the petition & also spoke at the last meeting. I hope in a controlled fashion.....

First let me say how disappointed I am that the actions of a very small number of people has allowed others to take away the focus of the campaign which was...& remains..to look for a positive solution for the site.

I think we are all consistent in saying that only 2 people shouted in this way at the meeting. Both were residents who feel passionately about the site & the lack of engagement but, unfortunately their point was lost in their delivery & ended up being counter-productive. Both of these were residents & not Green Party Activists (& yes, I do know this for a fact)

I think it's really important that the truth is told on this - I am not part of a group of activists & nor were they. Nor were the Police called: they were present at every meeting from the start.

It does now indeed appear that Mr Colin Dow has Green Party connections but, for the record, he did not shout at or abuse Mr Field during the meeting. (The meeting was video taped & confirms this fact) However, it appears (by reports yesterday) that he says he did take out his camera at the end to photograph Mr Field. This is not acceptable behaviour in my view.

Nonetheless he was there in an individual capacity & not as part of this campaign yet it appears that we are all now being targeted as 'Agitators' & 'Infiltrators' from either the Green Party, Militant or as a Trotskyist. Nothing could be further from the truth. Again for the record, I actually voted for Mr Field & Councillor Meaden at the last election.

I think it's important that the facts aren't distorted to suit a political agenda. I am just an ordinary resident who wanted (& still wants) to engage in a true consultation process to find a solution for our site. I resent being used in a political dogfight to point score & I especially resent my sincere efforts being misrepresented. This has been done to such an extent that we now have no "next stage" in place & this scares me as who knows what may be enacted without consultation? I fully intend to pursue my place on the Residents' Committee but this may now be denied me as the propaganda places me as trouble.

Please, as local residents, don't be distracted. Our concern should still be the future of the site & ensuring that we are fully involved in the consultation process - something that has so far, at best, been obstructed & at worst, denied.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Thanks for the clarity and what appears to be a concise assessment. It is too easy to pass judgement on peoples antecedence rather than current form or activity.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,259 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,401 Spotted!