WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,530 guests, and 650 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
venice #914341 8th Dec 2014 11:39pm
venice Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Its not just popping in and making a nice cup of tea in a clean kitchen for a sweet little old lady smelling of lavender, they have to go to some right rank places and deal with some very 'stale' smelling clients who in themselves can be difficult, rude, and unappreciative, and as someone said, people can be a dead weight when you come to bath them , and after a few on the trot, its tough on the back . Mentally it can exhaust you dealing with a person with dementia symptoms too.

Yes they will have some easy visits , but an awful lot of tiring ones as well.Its also stressful for the caring ones, to have to leave people they havent helped as fully as theyd have liked to ,because of time restrictions.

Ive experienced first hand , some very bad lazy home carers , and some down right thoughtless ones too - but if the profession was valued and paid more , agencies wouldnt always be hunting for staff, more would apply, then successful applicants could be properly trained, then these useless ones wouldnt have to be taken on in the first place,and the whole standard would rise.

Google Ads
venice #914995 11th Dec 2014 8:39pm
Newbeee
Newbeee
It's simple.
If you don't like your job then get another one
If you moan about your job you clearly don't like it so get another one.
If you go on strike for better pay you are clearly not happy in your job so get another one.
If you feel hard done by for working long hours and not feeling the satisfaction then get another job.
I am sick to the back teeth of listening to different professions going on strike all the time due to receiving ONLY a 1% pay rise or having to work long hours. If you don't like it then change professions.
Quite simple really.

P.S someone will take this job, not because they are forced to but because it is work. I commend anyone for getting off their arses and doing a bit. No point in moaning because we have all got to do it.

AdamEvans #915040 12th Dec 2014 10:28am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by AdamEvans
It's simple.
If you don't like your job then get another one
If you moan about your job you clearly don't like it so get another one.
If you go on strike for better pay you are clearly not happy in your job so get another one.
If you feel hard done by for working long hours and not feeling the satisfaction then get another job.
I am sick to the back teeth of listening to different professions going on strike all the time due to receiving ONLY a 1% pay rise or having to work long hours. If you don't like it then change professions.
Quite simple really.

P.S someone will take this job, not because they are forced to but because it is work. I commend anyone for getting off their arses and doing a bit. No point in moaning because we have all got to do it.

withthat

YOU THE MAN!
Here here! clap

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
venice #915051 12th Dec 2014 1:14pm
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
What a couple of good samaritans Ste and Adam are, it is blatently obvious they have never worked in industry in any capacity,the me me attitude I work till, I dont get this,I have to do that, I never get a pay rise, the politics of jealousy, you know the old adage dont critise me till you have walked in my shoes, there are good and bad in every industry but please dont label everyone the same.

venice #915053 12th Dec 2014 1:20pm
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
He is the man ,i agree with this guy also.
Lucky to have a job with a steady income each month.
You should be proud of what you work hard for,Its being responsible for your own keep.
Its damm hard to make ends meat but thats life.Its better than being on the dole doing nothing.

venice #915056 12th Dec 2014 1:30pm
Wiki Guardian
Online Shifty
Wiki Guardian
So you think it's ok to exploit workers while the fat cats get richer ? How odd

casper #915067 12th Dec 2014 2:33pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
What a couple of good samaritans Ste and Adam are, it is blatently obvious they have never worked in industry in any capacity,the me me attitude I work till, I dont get this,I have to do that, I never get a pay rise, the politics of jealousy, you know the old adage dont critise me till you have walked in my shoes, there are good and bad in every industry but please dont label everyone the same.

I've worked since I was 15 years old only scrounging off the state for about a total of 2 years in all that time.

Don't call me jealous you have no idea.

My works always been full time too not part time just so I can get off early or keep scrounging.

The cheek.

Oh and for your information I worked in a nursing home for a while, it was shit, I got another job!

Well said Adam you are right ignore the negatives on here.

You either take what your paid or you move on. Damn I'd love for your bosses to see this thread.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
venice #915070 12th Dec 2014 3:02pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
I suspect AdamEvans is really Esther McVey. I don"t know why! just something.

dustymclean #915074 12th Dec 2014 3:58pm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I remember when all jobs were full time and more.Part time was after school and weekends..

venice #915075 12th Dec 2014 4:12pm
Newbeee
Newbeee
No it is not OK to exploit the poor to make yourself richer.
However, if you owned a business, I'm sure you would do the same.

Anyone who says they haven't had a pay rise for years clearly is on more than the minimum wage as minimum wagers have had one every year since 1999 so already these people are not "struggling"

Don't moan about how BAD your job is because I am sure someone else would love to have it. If you feel you are worth more money than you are getting paid then go and find someone who is willing to pay you more. If you can't then you are clearly not worth what you thought.

I was sick and tired of being "exploited" on minimum wage that I went and got an apprenticeship. I am now on about half the "living wage" but I am still living.

In the last 8 years I had a 3 month stint of unemployment.
The reason why it is ONLY 3 months is because I realised after 3 months that I was not worth more than minimum wage so I took a job on minimum wage.

There are jobs out there. If you hold out for a better paid job because you think you are worth it then that's just silly.
Take what you can and stop moaning about how hard done by you are because I am sure someone would love to have your job so much that they would probably do a better job than you.

dustymclean #915077 12th Dec 2014 4:54pm
Originally Posted by dustymclean

Nah! Definitely George Osborne. He is very happy to live in a society where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor getting poorer, working zero hour contracts or taking on several low wage jobs in order to avoid the food banks.

Good to know that our economy is thriving.

venice #915078 12th Dec 2014 5:00pm
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Ive only been on benefits for 2 weeks when i left school.I went about asking for work in local restaurants in town.My first job was washing dishes and washing floors. Am prepared to work hard to earn my keep.At the moment i work for myself and had no other choice.No ones going to pay my morgage,bills,council tax etc.
Thats life,Its hard but its the only way to keep a roof over my head.
And yes there is jobs out there.

Last edited by snowhite; 12th Dec 2014 5:08pm.
bizzybee #915087 12th Dec 2014 5:56pm
Newbeee
Newbeee
Originally Posted by bizzybee

Nah! Definitely George Osborne. He is very happy to live in a society where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor getting poorer, working zero hour contracts or taking on several low wage jobs in order to avoid the food banks.

Do I really need to give you a lesson in business ?

How it works is a company will buy something for price A and sell for price B
Price B must be higher than price A otherwise they will make a loss.

Same with employees.

Company will sell services for price B and therefore have to buy the services from an employee for price A. Again, price B must be higher than price A otherwise the company will make a loss

However what has been happening recently is that company A has been charging £20 for the service so has been paying the employee £10 to do it and making a profit along the way.

Company B comes along and sells the same service for £15. He can afford to do this because he pays the employee £7.50.

Company A starts to lose orders to the competition and doesn't like it so they lower their prices too therefore making less profit and has to reduce wages. The employee doesn't like this and goes on strike. Company A then has a backlog of orders but nobody to complete them and therefore goes bankrupt. This then forces the employee into redundancy.

All for a few pence the employee lost their job.

My last point too is have you never sold anything for a profit ? Mobile phone, clothes, car, house.
My guess is that in the housing boom in the mid 00's you may have done. Shame on you for making money !!

I am not what is wrong with the country. I make an honest living and I am willing to pay a fair price for something knowing that the person I am buying from is making money too.

If you want to work for minimum wage then great, at least you are not a scrounger, if you think you are worth more then hold out for that special job to come along but you may be holding out quite a while at the moment. Grab what you can. There is work out there. If you can't find work then make work. At least then you are your own boss and you can charge what you think you are worth. If you are worth what you are charging then you will sell what you have. If you are not then you will not.

Quite simple really !!

And the economy is only this good because of people taking on 2 or 3 jobs because that's what is available.
Imagine if they didn't and went on strike like a lot of the other professions

Last edited by AdamEvans; 12th Dec 2014 6:00pm.
venice #915108 12th Dec 2014 8:05pm
Thanks for the lesson, George.
Good luck at the next election.

bizzybee #915109 12th Dec 2014 8:34pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by bizzybee

Before the days of all the tax credits, if one job wasn't enough, we applied for another. Didn't think twice about it. Someitmes we had three jobs as I did for a while, and juggled accordingly. No choice, either do it or starve. So we did it. Three children and three jobs. Never claimed a day of benefits and we were proud not to have done. There used to be a stigma attached to people claiming . Too many want something for not a lot these days and once the family tax credit came to pass it just made everyone think they could do less and get more. Abmismal attitude.
Having said that , the minimum wage is not adequate to live on now but which bloody government introduced it, and subsequently were responsible for the majority of wages dropping instead of rising in a competetive market ?
The most annoying thing I have heard in the last 24 hours is some bright spark saying that ' foodbanks' are an entitlement. No the damn well aren't ! The people who are on a pension in many cases are providing for those foodbanks from of the goodness of their hearts. The people who get less in pension than the people claiming benefits, and the innocent souls who many of which will be spending their christmas on their own. No longer do I intend to give to foodbanks, my money will go to africa, where they expect nothing and are greatful for every crust of bread.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am