WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,363
Posts1,033,326
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (4 invisible), 10,066 guests, and 457 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by _Ste_
No granny, I'm not the crazy one here.

2 words.

War
Money.

That describes it well.

I have no more to say on the matter, I, unlike some will not be brainwashed with such tripe.

Probably better you had said nothing in the first instance.
I find your words very offensive.

Call it stupid tripe if you wish but you clearly have no concept of how many of those involved in religious practices actually give to the benefit of others who are less fortunate, living in misery, starving and sick, and I will defend them to the hilt.

Don't use those who have considerable power to inflict their ways onto the masses under the name of religion as an excuse to blanket all others as evil.

You also have to realise that the word 'religious' is a very powerful word, and not many can actually call themselves religious or are absorbed into that realm, unless they practice just about every minute detail.

Having faith is different

If you don't believe, that is understandable and not to be argued but to call people evil who in fact practice peaceful,religious ethics, in a peaceful and loving way is quite alarming..

Black Friday, what an example !.....Those are the people who you should be criticizing . Those who are physically fighting over items this day, throughout the country, in an effort to buy Christmas presents. Christmas presents bought by those for others and hardly any of them believing in the religious significance behind the celebration. It would be better to cancel Christmas rather than being hypocritical, which most are, including yourself.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Snodvan
Personally I would really like to attend this centre. A quick look at the footer to my posts will show that I have strong leanings to the Buddhist following and general principles of how to behave and treat others. I attend the Runcorn Buddhist Temple as often as I can. That also gives a deep feeling of peace and provides me with the opportunity to meditate about friends who are seriously ill or need help generally
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wat-Phra-Singh-UK/158152780991951

Snod

Snod, I particularly thought about you and Pinz,as I know he had an interest too, when I posted the link,and remembering your interest in Buddhism. I believe the voluntary days include doing jobs , working together as a community within the centre, for the benefit of all.

Last edited by granny; 28th Nov 2014 8:33pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Snodvan
Personally I would really like to attend this centre. A quick look at the footer to my posts will show that I have strong leanings to the Buddhist following and general principles of how to behave and treat others. I attend the Runcorn Buddhist Temple as often as I can. That also gives a deep feeling of peace and provides me with the opportunity to meditate about friends who are seriously ill or need help generally
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wat-Phra-Singh-UK/158152780991951

Snod

Snod, I particularly thought about you and Pinz,as I know he had an interest too, when I posted the link,and remembering your interest in Buddhism. I believe the voluntary days include doing jobs , working together as a community within the centre, for the benefit of all.
Love the idea of this.Thanks for sharing x

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'm not calling people evil granny I was referring to religion in general.

I do pity those that had it drilled into their brains, starts when they're knee high to a grasshopper so it does.

Now that's offensive.

It's all in the mind, you think it's real because you've been programmed that way from a child.

Tell me granny, do you believe demons exist?

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Ste, I am very pleased to know you have altered your attitude to :

If I had the power I would ban all religion and incarcerate anyone who preached about it

Secondly, yet again you assume on my account that I was programmed as a child. Wrong ! I never went to church as a child and was certainly not programmed by a mother who believed not. I do in fact have a mind to enable me to think, analyse, learn and listen to the extraordinary conclusions delivered by some of the greatest philosophers of religion. Those who originally set out to discredit the bible, but find they cannot. There are few who have questioned more than I,and I just wish people were not so cruel toward those who have spiritual guidance. Why punish them with words or actions ?
Very similar to saying I think your house is shit and throwing stones at your windows.

Classify your understanding of Demons for me please Ste, there are various interpretations from different sources. At the same time, do you believe in Spiritualism, Satanism, Occultism, and Witchcraft ?

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
oshocked
You swore! I'm very shocked you use such language granny, your supposed to set an example.

I'm not having a go, I'm just stating my feelings on the matter, you have yours and I except they are your beliefs, can you not except mine?

The reason for incarceration would be to keep the preachers from spreading/brainwashing so to speak.

It's forces into us all when we go to school granny wether we like it or not, some people on the other hand like myself chose not to listen wether mother liked it or not.

I refused to listen or be any part of it.

I don't do witchcraft, worshipping or whatever other means/cultish behaviours there are, I do however drink beer, that I do enjoy.

What do you get from your quest please mam if you may?

Did your "God" save my pet from passing away last night?
No
Did Allah?
No

There's a lot more serious things like world hunger, people in other countries with no home or clean water blah blah I could rabble on about but I've just finished work and I'm about to lock the garage.

I wish you luck in your quest as I do with the jihads and their "Allah".

Peace be with you.
I'm not having a go, like I said just stating my view, your stilly he same granny in my eyes wether or not you are religious.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
This is now I See it

Religion can be anything you do out of habit. For example, some people drink religiously. Or smoke religiously. Or call their mother religiously. If that is true, then practicing a religion is nothing more than practicing habits. Some habits may make sense - like prayer. You pray to make yourself calm, like a form a meditation. Some habits may make zero sense - like worshiping statues (it's a rock?). Regardless, religion is a compilation of habits. Most of which are dictated by a group (Catholics follow the protocol of the Roman Catholic Church, for example).
Faith is a form of trust. Trust in something you can't see. (We can't see love, yet we know when we are loved and we know when we love others.)
So, where religion is a series of habits, faith is a form of trust. Some people need more religion in their lives - habits make their life run more smoothly. Some people need more faith - trust is a necessary component of the human experience, after all. I guess, when it comes down to it, the real question is what kind of belief do YOU want to have? One defined by your ability to trust? Or one defined by your habitual behavior? smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ard-dawkins_n_6231968.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

^ Just popped up my Timeline- thought it appropiate to share.

I am not at all religious but I do believe in 'life after death'. I am a Spiritualist and a Humanist.

I do not buy into Christmas, excessive consumerism and greed. Christmas for me is spending time with the family and friends that I love.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I haven't finished with you yet Ste, so don't go away. smile

Edd the duck, you made me quack last night with pleasure, because you have at least got an enquiring mind and tried to piece some things together for the purpose of understanding.

Ste. firstly sorry to know about your pet. Maybe you could be thankful it gave so much happiness to you.

You are the one who made the statement about incarcerating anyone who preached religion and that religion is evil.

You said;
" There's a lot more serious things like world hunger, people in other countries with no home or clean water "
I say;
As previously stated, many followers of religion go out as missionaries and pastoral care workers providing wonderful care, support, nursing of leprosy patients etc., and all the above things you mention to the needy, world wide.
So many organisations are constantly at work. That is where much of the church funds go to in support.

They constantly put themselves in jeopardy for the well being of others, and constantly come up against abuse and violence. You may not know, but many are murdered for the work they do. They are the good people and the ones I will always defend, as they are the ones who continue help when all else fails. If anyone can criticise them, shame, shame ,shame on those who do.

There are the Mercy Ships, another Christian organisation that takes medicine and doctors to perform operations to places that have no medical assistance. Those people on board are all qualified for their positions, even sailing the ship, cooks, cleaners, and they pay their own way for the purpose of these specific tasks.

http://www.mercyships.org.uk/achievements-0

What do the missionaries do worldwide. Part of your answer is here.

Between 2000 and 2007, 189 missionaries alone have been murdered . Not counting any Bishops, priest, lay preachers, pastoral workers etc. Here is the list. Gives an idea of where the danger lies for them, but they continue. We don't hear about them, only those who make the BBC headlines. The figures have gone up considerably for the last 7 years, but there is not one completely compiled list that I can find.

http://www.deseretnews.com/media/photos/0107missdeaths.pdf

This is only a tiny part of what goes on behind the scenes in the roll of the Christian Church and when people decry those who are part of a Christian Organisation, or those who work in the name of Jesus, it makes me cross. ( not meant to be a pun)

That's all, but I wouldn't be the same granny if I didn't have such strong convictions, and just for the record, I am NOT 'religious'.....simply wouldn't qualify.

And you were having a go. laugh

~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Why has god let me suffer since the day i was born with Pneumonia an Meningitis? What had i done to deserve that? Since then i've been shot losing the sight in my right eye, broke my back, legs, arms and skull. I have Crohn's disease, arthritic knees, tendonitis, and the worse thing....3 x 16 mm Kidney stones! He's got a wicked sense of humour has our God.
Then he lets kids starve, be beaten, murdered, raped (sometimes by those who spread the word of god). Staunch Catholic's and Muslims, they just make it up as they go along! You can shove religion, I've got me chocky Lab, until god decides to take him in his devine wisdom!

Wiki Guardian
Wiki Guardian
Spot on Yewgarth. Where is this God that promises everything ???

Wiki Guardian
Wiki Guardian
Sorry I forgot He was having a day of when the innocent were being raped , tortured or beheaded. Silly me .

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
No 'deep' analysis from me but we, humans tend to focus on the negatives, our own ill- health and societies failings, for instance. There is also good, a LOT of good in this World too.

Smartchild
Smartchild
cry God didn't buy my a 4k tv
cry God didn't give me the keys to the playboy house
cry God makes me work
cry God give me man flu raftl

Smartchild
Smartchild
Creation came about from the union of the maker and the physical World, out of the union came the natural children. The plants nurtured by the physical earth their mother. To follow were animal kind the two legged the four legged the winged those who swam and those who crawled, all dependent on plant world and mother earth for succour. Finally last in the order came human kind the most dependent and least necessary of all orders.
Aboriginal Concepts

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,482 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,721 Spotted!