Once described as having 22 rooms, Lodge and Back lodge, the lodge being for the coachman, the back lodge occupied by the gardener. In recent History
its been owned by some interesting and perhaps colourful character's. Early 19th century it was owned by the Tobin family, around 1840/50 the former Lord Mayor of Liverpool, 1854, James Aspinall Tobin who describes himself as a Magistrate and African Merchant, more http://british-miniatures2.blogspot.co.uk/2007/03/portrait-of-esther-watson-tobin.html
following his departure, 1890s, Eastham House was bought by Sir John Herbert Vernon, 2nd Baronet Vernon of Shotwick Park, Chester. Flour and Corn Merchant.
One of his sons, Herbert Douglas Vernon was killed in action 1916, Grenadier Guards, another, Humphrey Bagnell Vernon, Grenadier Guards awarded the Military Cross.