WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
People beware, how are Wirral Council welcoming visitors to our Golf Coast, (as they are promoting it)?

I live by Wallasey Golf Course and there was a big event on Thursday, possibly connected to the Open.

On Thursday 2 wardens came along a slapped fines on a massive line of cars who had parked with 2 wheels up on the kerb opposite.
As anyone who knows the area, the kerb there is really wide so not impeding anyone.

The same practice is on an awful lot of local roads everyday but they target these visitors.

Welcome to Wirral, here is a fine, bad lasting impression. Dont come back. Dont spend money here, dont invest here.

Short sighted morons running our council.

I am sure there will be the usual replies of "dont break the law dont get fined", "what about people with prams or blind people".

Tell me it doesnt happen in your local area, the wardens could go slapping fines on these vehicles but they dont.
Tell me you have never done it.

Let the abuse begin.

Google Ads
Just because lots of people do it, doesn't make it ok.

Here's the response you expected - don't park like a **** , don't get fined - simples :-)

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
People had better beware about parking facing the wrong way at night and not having a parking light on as necessary as well if the powers that be are clamping down.

P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted by Salmon
People had better beware about parking facing the wrong way at night and not having a parking light on as necessary as well if the powers that be are clamping down.

...and parking within 32ft of a junction as well!

https://www.gov.uk/waiting-and-parking/parking-at-night-248-to-252

"You shall be taken to the place from whence you came and there taken to a place of execution where you will be hanged by the neck until you are dead........."

Sadly not an option now - just a silly fine! frown

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
And vehicles over 1525kg, so if Range Rovers, Lexus, most SUV's,a load of vans, even big saloon cars are parked on a 30mph road at night make sure you leave your lights on.

Actually better delete this thread, the way motorists are persecuted, the council will read this and enforce all the road traffic laws. Not just the EASY MONEY ones.

I suppose now the Spy car is set to be banned they will have to make their money other ways from the Wirral cash cows, sorry, motorists.

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Oh i wont danjaylai, one ticket in 24 years for no pay and display for ten minutes. Not putting anyone at risk but the, ahem, civil servants!
Chanced it, got nabbed, payed up.
cry

Just feel that we should be giving some leeway and common sense after all the effort of promoting the area.
Main point is the council just see an opportunity to get some easy cash.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
The problem with actions like these is that it clearly comes over as just a means of getting revenue. Parking on the pavement and the wrong way round at night is so commonplace that it is almost custom and practice.Then all of a sudden out come the fines.

Smartchild
Smartchild
I read this and thought what's more expensive, a replacement wing mirror or a fine? And this will be the question a lot of people will think when playing this gamble

Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by Blueskier
People beware, how are Wirral Council welcoming visitors to our Golf Coast, (as they are promoting it)?

I live by Wallasey Golf Course and there was a big event on Thursday, possibly connected to the Open.

On Thursday 2 wardens came along a slapped fines on a massive line of cars who had parked with 2 wheels up on the kerb opposite.
As anyone who knows the area, the kerb there is really wide so not impeding anyone.

The same practice is on an awful lot of local roads everyday but they target these visitors.

Welcome to Wirral, here is a fine, bad lasting impression. Dont come back. Dont spend money here, dont invest here.

Short sighted morons running our council.

I am sure there will be the usual replies of "dont break the law dont get fined", "what about people with prams or blind people".

Tell me it doesnt happen in your local area, the wardens could go slapping fines on these vehicles but they dont.
Tell me you have never done it.

Let the abuse begin.

If you had looked, you would have seen official parking notices and signs on the pavement indicating that it was prohibited to park half on and half off the pavement. These are signs and have been there for some time so those that got booked deserved it. I live near there and I am fed up of seeing the cracked and broken pavement flags. There are pensioner flats there and I do know that there have been a couple of accidents with old people falling over on the broken pavement.If the hoy poloy of the Wallasey Golf Club want to park on the pavement then they all deserved to get booked, they dont seem to care they dont live there, I do and I am delighted that it will hurt them in the pocket.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
the fines probably cover the cost of refixing the raised paving flags that come loose with people parking on them. Theres many a residential street where car owners have to park half and half both sides because the streets are too narrow-- does the council expect home owners to park half a mile away and walk in with the shopping etc.One would like to think a bit of common sense might prevail.

wardens want to target these pillocks who park on double yellows right up to a junction and take there kids into school

Attached Images
IMG0105A.jpg
Old Hand
Old Hand
"the fines probably cover the cost of refixing the raised paving flags that come loose with people parking on them. "

The fines wont cover the pain and injury to the poor people who fall over because of the broken pavements, there is no excuse for parking on the pavement, it causes damage and it also causes people, including mothers with prams, to have to walk in the road to get past, its selfish and lazy people just like the school parents who dont give a dam either about other peoples safety.

Smartchild
Smartchild
As a member of the club I have never seen a member park on the pavement we are aware of the signage along Bayswater Road.I am also a resident we did not have an event connected to the Open we had a number of visitors, you will find that a funeral took place a St Nicks on Thursday they may have contributed to poor parking.

Forum Master
Forum Master
The problem with actions like these is that it clearly comes over as just a means of getting revenue. Parking on the pavement and the wrong way round at night is so commonplace that it is almost custom and practice.Then all of a sudden out come the fines.

No, its a case of motorists picking and choosing which laws and rules of the Highway Code they want to ignore, out of pure laziness or selfishness.

Do you have any evidence that people are being fined for parking the wrong way round, or are you just assuming this might happen?

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Preparations for Open 2014: Closures to public rights of way
Posted 8 July 2014 - 11:41am
The public are reminded that in consultation with the event organisers and their Health and Safety advisers, a decision has been taken to close the following Public Rights of Way from Tuesday July 8, to Wednesday, July 23, to allow the Open to take place.

Those affected are the shared use footpath/cycleway from Station Road, Hoylake, to Anglesey Road, West Kirby, (runs alongside the railway line), the footpath from Meols Drive to the Railway (to the unstaffed foot crossing), and the footpath from Pinfold Lane to Hoylake Beach.

Staff based at the Council’s Hoylake office, (entrance via Albert Street, Hoylake), can provide detailed information to residents on general traffic management plans and deal with any specific enquiries. Please ring 0151 691 8650 for further info.

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gibbo

No, its a case of motorists picking and choosing which laws and rules of the Highway Code they want to ignore, out of pure laziness or selfishness.
That is the problem, there are many things that are prohibited but the council send out the wardens to get some easy revenue.

Do you have any evidence that people are being fined for parking the wrong way round, or are you just assuming this might happen?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am