Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,791 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ok, hypothetically then, next time a young twenty-something male is skulking through the deserted streets of early morning Irby and a police van is on routine patrol they should ignore him just in case he's a young out of work uni grad (not that it is at all relevant to the situation, and is only being used to assist in painting him as a victim, just because he's a grad does it make him more of a specially undeserving victim or more of a 'how dare they'?) but what if this particular young twenty-something is a drug addict looking for a house to burgle? So the police drive on by because they wouldn't want to upset or offend the subject just in case he all of a sudden becomes a streetside law expert, starts arguing, maybe gets aggressive then restrained then goes off crying assault. What if this person then burgles a house ten minutes later, gets disturbed, and badly hurts the occupants or even worse. It the transpires the next day a police patrol was in the area, and saw the person, but didn't stop him, you'd all be screaming "where were they? Why weren't they doing their job?" When it all could have been avoided by a quick stop, who are you, what you doing here, quick search, that it's you're nicked for going equipped to steal!
The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. So why does everyone who sometimes may or may not look suspicious at that moment in time always do their best to obstruct them and become a victim.

Google Ads
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by Dodgy_Bob
Ok, hypothetically then, next time a young twenty-something male is skulking through the deserted streets of early morning Irby and a police van is on routine patrol they should ignore him just in case he's a young out of work uni grad (not that it is at all relevant to the situation, and is only being used to assist in painting him as a victim, just because he's a grad does it make him more of a specially undeserving victim or more of a 'how dare they'?) but what if this particular young twenty-something is a drug addict looking for a house to burgle? So the police drive on by because they wouldn't want to upset or offend the subject just in case he all of a sudden becomes a streetside law expert, starts arguing, maybe gets aggressive then restrained then goes off crying assault. What if this person then burgles a house ten minutes later, gets disturbed, and badly hurts the occupants or even worse. It the transpires the next day a police patrol was in the area, and saw the person, but didn't stop him, you'd all be screaming "where were they? Why weren't they doing their job?" When it all could have been avoided by a quick stop, who are you, what you doing here, quick search, that it's you're nicked for going equipped to steal!
The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. So why does everyone who sometimes may or may not look suspicious at that moment in time always do their best to obstruct them and become a victim.

withthat

If the lad looked like he was up to know good then I don't see a reason why any police officer should question the goings on, but for the poor lad to be assaulted for nothing by a group of people with the authority they have is hideous to say the least. And as for walking about at 5am, there are plenty of other people who walk around at that time of the morning. People coming and going to work, people currently working ie. milk-men, post-men (unlikely around my area, they like to have a lie in). I myself like to go jogging at that time of the morning as it is reletively quiet. I would never expect this to happen to anyone, at any time of they day any how. Hope he isn't too shook up, but I would report this incident and try and get something done about it.

ITS CLOBBERING TIME!!!
fish5133 #827957 27th Sep 2013 10:06am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Report it then and be frowned upon, like i said, waste of time, they were doing their job.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
fish5133 #827958 27th Sep 2013 10:11am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
5am is peak hour for the rats who take our stuff from our sheds, cars, and houses. I was stopped by Victoria park few months ago around the same time. Police asked me a few questions which i answered, they explained to me why they had pulled over ( few things going missing in the area around this time). They then told me to take care, i paid them the same courtesy and we both went on our way. Of course if i had started with the non of your business not telling you nothing mr fascist bully boy routine it may have been different

Last edited by rover644; 27th Sep 2013 10:12am.
rover644 #827960 27th Sep 2013 10:17am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by rover644
5am is peak hour for the rats who take our stuff from our sheds, cars, and houses. I was stopped by Victoria park few months ago around the same time. Police asked me a few questions which i answered, they explained to me why they had pulled over ( few things going missing in the area around this time). They then told me to take care, i paid them the same courtesy and we both went on our way. Of course if i had started with the non of your business not telling you nothing mr fascist bully boy routine it may have been different
Usually you have to do a little bit more than ask if you are obliged to answer their questions to get the Starsky and Hutch treatment.

fish5133 #827973 27th Sep 2013 11:47am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
I think the key word is cooperation, treat people how you wish to be treated, I know the police can be a bit overbearing on occasions but cant see them putting the arm on someone for no reason. Sadly in this day and age everyone is suspicious, terrorists ,thieves, muggers, druggies, no wonder. I can understand your lad being a bit put out, nice lad no trouble, but the police don't know that, I know we tend to believe our kids but they are not always straight with us, maybe he was miffed for being stopped for doing nothing and gave a bit of gob.

Addict
Addict
The guy went out with a cup of coffee to watch the sun rise and a bit of peace, at a time I might add that is not unusual for people with cups of coffee to be walking about on a weekday morning, if I got stopped I would enquire as to why also, it's a fair question. I mean why stop this guy when not once have I ever been stopped and at some points would have been perfectly reasonable given I've been going for late night/early walks since I was 13 or walking home at some pointless hour alone and I'm female, they've driven past me plenty of times with not so much as a second glance so I guess an at risk situation is fine but a normal one is highly suspicious. I don't think any of the times I've contacted the police they've performed their job the way it should be. Yes there is a stigma when it comes to the majority concerning the police but there are some of us who respect them and believe they will do their job right, no matter how many times proven wrong and if you where stopped for no apparent reason and questioned why I'm sure you'd be more than pissed and shaken that the answer was getting your face slammed into the side of a van and your personal space violated

Newbeee
Newbeee
Your son failed the attitude test.

Simple as that.

"nothing officer, just having a walk and clearing my head"

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Nighteyes
...if you where stopped for no apparent reason and questioned

and refused to answer the questions and ask why they wanted to know i'd expect that to wind plod up to say the least.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Great post Dodgybob

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

All very well, if you look at the possible 'bad 'picture, but I can't see that slamming him up against the van, is the way to deal with someone who is not even a suspect.
We all know the police are not the white as white characters we are led to believe, most of us know someone who has had dealings with them, and the stories tend to have a very similar theme.
We also know, that they have to do their quota of jobs per night to prove they haven't been slacking! So maybe he was just to make up numbers.

Last edited by granny; 27th Sep 2013 10:20pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny #828086 27th Sep 2013 11:36pm
Originally Posted by granny

All very well, if you look at the possible 'bad 'picture, but I can't see that slamming him up against the van, is the way to deal with someone who is not even a suspect.
We all know the police are not the white as white characters we are led to believe, most of us know someone who has had dealings with them, and the stories tend to have a very similar theme.
We also know, that they have to do their quota of jobs per night to prove they haven't been slacking! So maybe he was just to make up numbers.

But he was a suspect, he was refusing to answer questions, that in itself can be construed to be suspicious cause what was he hiding? Of course from the details given on here we know he was hiding nothing, but how were the officers to know that? He was being obstructive, surely we've all seen road wars, street crime uk, night cops etc on tv and seen how a officer simply attempting to interact with a member of the public, for whatever reason, can quickly and totally needlessly escalate to the person being forcibly restrained almost always because they began being arsy with the officer and refusing to answer the simplest of questions then it all spirals out of control!
And all very well looking at the possible bad picture? Its not just possible it's happened time and time again throughout the country, and people would be the first to hold the police to account if it had happened when it could have been averted! I don't see how putting someone up against the van can be anything to do with their quotas, if there is a quota to meet they could have done so simply by stopping him, enquiring, getting their answer and going on their way, job done quota met! If it escalated to that point the subject obviously played a very major part himself in it getting to that point!

Last edited by Dodgy_Bob; 27th Sep 2013 11:37pm.
fish5133 #828087 27th Sep 2013 11:43pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
it would seem all assumptions are made against the lad stopped,it was his attitude that was at fault etc.this sounds like bored coppers flexing to me,and yes it does happen!a lot of coppers don't even know the laws they are there to uphold as I have twice had letters of apology simply because I knew more about their job than they did!im not saying all of them are bad as I have met some great bobbies,but the ones trying to prove themselves end up looking stupid!pursue the complaint all the way.

fish5133 #828089 28th Sep 2013 12:53am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'm a Good Girl me, never even had a Caution laugh (although many moons ago a copper stole me fag and ground it out with his foot- he said I was under age to smoke and I was).

Sorry, irrelevant...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am