WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (1 invisible), 11,405 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran
Veteran
OK, so which party would you lot choose to run the government (from the existing party selections)?

As I see it they are all the same cookie-cutter clones, a million and one promises, one delivered.
They are all good old Eaton/Cambridge/Oxford boys who claim to represent and understand a people/culture/lifestyle/hardship that they have never known.

Voting is to show your support of a particular party, as such I support none of them, next vote I will just be crossing them all out and putting 'NO CONFIDENCE', because that is how I feel about all of them.

They all make the same lies, just under different banners.

Google Ads
Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
Why not try a proper coalition (combining their think-tanks)for 5 years (just like during the war 1940s) of all the main parties to try to get us out of our troubles with free voting by mps and not having to toe the party line and publish who voted for or against
any motion.

Government by the people for all the people

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Why not try a proper coalition (combining their think-tanks)for 5 years (just like during the war 1940s) of all the main parties to try to get us out of our troubles with free voting by mps and not having to toe the party line and publish who voted for or against
any motion.

Government by the people for all the people

Yeah, I have thought for a long time that something like this might work better than the system presently set in place. While I do agree with many of the previously mentioned opinions of our MP's there are policies within each of the three main parties that I support and equally, policies that I oppose. A three party coalition could be the answer.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
OK, so which party would you lot choose to run the government (from the existing party selections)?

As I see it they are all the same cookie-cutter clones, a million and one promises, one delivered.
They are all good old Eaton/Cambridge/Oxford boys who claim to represent and understand a people/culture/lifestyle/hardship that they have never known.

Voting is to show your support of a particular party, as such I support none of them, next vote I will just be crossing them all out and putting 'NO CONFIDENCE', because that is how I feel about all of them.

They all make the same lies, just under different banners.

For once Rhoobarb, I agree with you. All up the creek without a paddle. I actually don't think Labour want to win the next election, they really won't know how to deal with all things, if the country is still in much the same predicament as it is now. We have all bluff from all sides.
The unfortunate side is, that they all must think, that we are all no brainers.
I always feel we should vote, before a vote is taken away from us, but really, like many others, I wonder, what is the point?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
The thing is people, as a country weve gone down the toilet over the last esp 15 years....heres why
1/we think things will change whatever party we vote in, were only just realising they've been bumming us over for years and theyre still getting away with it.
the uk citizens never think about the government actually have NO MONEY its ours and all they do is rape it off us "legally " all through your life and in death even.
2/the uk is the perfect host to parasite money/life style off whether youre from here or not....free loaders paradise !!!
Look to your mps and gov making that easy, people will always abuse a system set up to be easily abused.
3/we obsess over meaningless religions and material possessions / untalented "rich" glamour TV knob heads....follow like sheep, meaningless vacuous sycophants and their lives
4/ we believe selling something is all we have, we make nothing, its all service industry now....betting/coffee/goods/cheap food/Tesco/buying old gold/loans on your car, home, wages the list goes on.....
5/we TALK about doing things/sorting things out, change, restructure, inquiries, endless debate (my personal hate) BUT NOTHING CHANGES.
6/ we still cant look after our old...protect our children.
7/you can run over and kill a child, run away, not have even a licence, do two mins in prison and stay here yet if you rob a bank or shoot a copper they'll hunt you down like a dog.
if youre burgled and do the ... bag in, its you in the dock.
criminals love the uk its easy street for them....they have more rights. We pander to Europe too much, whose fault....MPS !
8/We believe what we see on constant fed junk tv and reading news papers, to think we skitted at the yanks in the 80s.
9/We allow our "leaders" to chuck vast amounts into things we DONT want and when it goes pear shaped.....no ones responsible and they walk away.
10/Everyones fat now and like consuming robot sheep just like the yanks. unaware of what human and animal cruelty/ exploitation goes with their choices and consumption .Theyre not bothered as long as their mouths are full.
11/If youre un accountable or traceable no job/car/home you can pretty do what you like....in ref to crime and theres lots of support out there but not for people who keep their nose clean.
12/I don't mind anyone coming here as long as they work but we like to reward people here for having lots of kids.....cant afford them? don't have them....we don't want to pay
13/we go on about being animal lovers but animals aren't only cute dogs& cats....our most exploited and badly treated (foxes/horses/pigs/dairy cows) their suffering is still hidden and remote from view. were happy to make money off them but once its hassle-cost, our answer....kill them. Humane slaughter is an oxymoron.
14/even though our scumbag mps go on about tax avoidance we continue to employ ex HMRC staff as advisors.....to avoid tax !!
London is a great tax haven for companies....true irony.
15/MPS and our blessed GOV still go on about issues we don't care about and avoid issues we do. The ultimate 'poachers turned game keepers'...
14/Our once diverse original cities have no soul now just the same shops/chavs/closed down empty holes/lack of jobs/big supermarkets/generic housing estates flats...no originality or soul to them. The tills are ringing but outside a small area its a sh**hole with loads of crime and people on the dole.
Ill think of some more later.......
the list of whats good about modern uk is very very small....ha

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
after a nice rest....I thought of a few more
1/our "regulators" are completely weak and no power over what they over see, theyre just fronts and often have a financial connection to who they regulate....gas energy water phone bills banks insurance mobile networks the police tax avoidance scumbags phoning you up (TPS is a waste of time)the press, trains and even flights (CAA) the list is massive !!!!
2/we continue as a country to under employ via part timers in all services to undermine staffing levels to save money....the army....the TA the police...PCSO and so on...
3/like an insidious work virus in everything....the gov while taking backhanders from said companies employ "contracts" with the likes of G4S SERCO CAPITA etc etc
4/parasite temporary "companies" offer " courses" to the unemployed to get them back to work but in fact its a front with no work really there but more dole after 3 months but they make their profit....the worst kind
5/people are like sheep/all look the same like the same things in the uk.....theyre either black traky wearing chavs with their kids names on their neck with a pram sucking on a pasty while shouting at their phones or white audi or 4x4 driving meatheads with bald heads and a beer gut
red hair ! fat consumers, obsessed with shiny things and money, fake tv with fake people ITS ALL ABOUT HOW IT LOOKS funded by debt.
6/we still haven't worked out that mps are ... simple....completely useless incompetent self serving hypocrites who only give a toss about anything unless theres something in it for them...notice how most end up in tv jobs so they can be paid to be sycophants

Last edited by svenlock68; 8th Oct 2013 3:56pm.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Svenlock68, well said. And, well done for taking the time and making the effort to put your thoughts and opinions down in writing on this forum. I agree with 99% of what you have said. Brilliant!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
yup. I 'get' svenlock68 too.

Svenlock68 for Prime Minister. clap

Forum Master
Forum Master
Me too, a lot of truth in what you say, maybe the question should have been which is the most obnoxious party that divides and takes the hopes and aspirations from the majority of us, I think that's easier to define. And a tripart coalition would be a good idea, but would never work because all the parties are to obsessed with their own importance and want to be the boss.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by svenlock68
4/ we believe selling something is all we have, we make nothing, its all service industry now....betting/coffee/goods/cheap food/Tesco/buying old gold/loans on your car, home, wages the list goes on.....

Did you miss Top Gear the other week. Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMb17Et6Wwo

And that's just motor industry focused, there's loads more in many other industries.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Yes im a fan. Ive met Clarkson. We may make expensive cars but can we afford to buy em. Fact is 70 % of business is service here.
Half gdp is welfare other banking. Look into rotational taxation and what it means.
I dont buy or read papers don't have sky
Don't believe our " leaders"
The media love to dis tract us with immigration banks councils unemployment but the real corrupt ... are the government

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
As usual today the self serving corrupt energy Mafia announced more raping of the public
Even the gov moan but have they the power to control them--- no
This happens so much in the uk , the powers been lost years ago.
Its a weak weak country, a good doc to watch is "tower block of commons " to show mps as they are, or no tax please were british from the bbc.
Bottom line politicians are under every scummy rock of an issue

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
heres a few things I hate in only the uk
why do WE pay ATM charges ,booking fees ,property management fees, and rip off leasehold fees or lease hold buy out costs ???
"money for nothing" I say
people who run these "services" are parasites...

Last edited by svenlock68; 10th Oct 2013 7:51pm.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,664 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,018,035 Spotted!