Tai Chi has been taught at The Pagoda, Liverpool for the last twenty five years. On Wednesday evenings 7.30pm-9pm they started yesterday a new course for beginners. As I was the only pupil I ended up getting individual tuition for the pricely sum of £3.50, with jasmine tea served! Beautiful room decorated with Chinese Art.
There is no need to book just turn up and enter the building left hand side door and through the kitchen.The Instructor is Jose.Wear trainers and tshirt with loose pants.
I was shown how to warm up,energising breathing exercises, and the first few moves, with explanations of how these things relax the body and improve health.
They have classes September to July but continue to meet weekly for a joint session during summer holidays which is free. Last week I went to one of them and joined in, even had a go with fan.The Chinese Classical Music was beautiful. The Tai Chi Group here are so friendly and after awhile you can learn Tai Chi with sword or fan if you wish.
Pagoda Arts, Henry St Liverpool, L1 5BU.0151 233 8833. It is quicker to get there walking by going down Slater St from Bold St, walk downhill past The Jacaranda to Duke St, pass the Monroe Pub and turn first left into Henry St. The Pagoda is on the right hand side.
Please come along for a facinating and happy evening.Would be lovely to get a Wikki Group chilling out.