Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (3 invisible), 12,290 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by SUExx
Oh dear, my posts are some of my opinions and also those of my work colleagues. So im not sitting here posting away with a chip on my shoulder, no im sitting here quite calm actually and adding to the discussion. Yes there are those on benefits because they have lost their job through no fault of their own. But there are those on benefits that are now onto the 3rd generation of no one working and no its not worth getting out of bed to just earn a extra fiver a week.

Im sure you have read the papers about people receiving 25k a year claiming benefits because they can't walk and yet they are pictured on a sking holiday. Everyday there is a story like that, if they were vetted properly at the start millions wouldn't be taken out of the state pension pot.
I agree with you on that one Suexx.If some can afford booze and fags while living on benefits.Surely they can afford bedroom tax.

Last edited by guitarlad; 2nd Sep 2013 6:27pm.
Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Exactly guitarlad, I know im not alone in what ive said. Most people that work all say the same. Its what my co workers say, they see with their own eyes and also know people who dont work but have named clothes and latest phones and are at the pub most day's and nights.

It find it amusing that there are some on here who jump down your throat, me thinks they protest that much that they must be on benefits. So now there is this bedroom tax all hell breaks out, though it doesn't bother them that people in work are doing more work but for less pay or on reduced hours.

Most companies now dont give you sick pay, but people on benefits can be sick and as long as they can manage to go and sign on can then go bsck home to bed and still get their money.

Guardian
Guardian
Originally Posted by Shambo
Everyone that works knows that non workers have big tv,s, latest phones(with internet), smokes, drinks, goes to bed at all hours, sits on pc all night, have chips on their shoulders thinking the state owns them more.
Simple really, non workers are better off, they don't have to work each day doing 3 peoples jobs cos as people have left they haven't been replaced. They don't have to pay money for travel costs to and from job, these are paid from wages that have been cut or froze. SO WORKERS are picking up the same wage as 3 years ago but the price of everything has doubled at least in that time.

Whats all this 'everyone that works knows'? Don't presume to speak for me, you only speak for scrunched up people who are angry with their own impotency in life. Your selfishness and blind animosity towards your fellow man disgusts me.
I'm just about lucky enough to be in a position to pay myself enough to get by on, and that hasn't always been the case, and may not be the case in the future. My work and the disposable income in my pocket has alway been, and always will, be at the mercy of capitalism. It's not poor people who make your life harder... more likely rich people do.
Yes paying taxes is a pain, the cost of everything has gone up and wages hasn't, but I will NEVER be so delusional as to blame 'non workers' (sic) for my failings with life.
Big telly's? Latest phones with internet? Drink, drugs and they can stay up late? Get real, you're the one with the chip on your shoulder. Everyone I know, everyone I ever met, who is unemployed is miserably poor. Whilst the poor may well be idle you could, at the very least, credit them with the desire to be busy and rich. Don't be so bitter and take ownership of your life.

Well said. Totally agree!

Smartchild
Smartchild
Exactly guitarlad, I know im not alone in what ive said. Most people that work all say the same. Its what my co workers say, they see with their own eyes and also know people who dont work but have named clothes and latest phones and are at the pub most day's and nights.

It find it amusing that there are some on here who jump down your throat, me thinks they protest that much that they must be on benefits. So now there is this bedroom tax all hell breaks out, though it doesn't bother them that people in work are doing more work but for less pay or on reduced hours.
Most companies now dont give you sick pay, but people on benefits can be sick and as long as they can manage to go and sign on can then go bsck home to bed and still get their money.

Do you actually know anyone on benefits suexx?

Fyi, i'm not on benefits but me and the people i work with have a lot more empathy for people than you and your unhappy and bitter work mates.

Please wind your neck in and change the record.

Last edited by Zubee; 2nd Sep 2013 8:17pm.
Old Hand
Old Hand
I doubt if you can buy many cigarettes after you have paid your bills out of your £78 a week.
Children whose parents are unemployed or sick may have nice things anybody heard of grandparents aunts uncles etc.
If you get cancer or another illness your income may drop from say £30k to £10k but you will still have the things that you bought when you were able to work.
People in work are better of financially and emotionally.

P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P

withthat Spot on Sue! Thankyou. With the exception of 11 months (after being made redundant), I've been in employment all my working life. The period on the Old King Cole was grim, but I CUT MY CLOTH ACCORDINGLEY and got by. No baccy, no booze. No lots of other things as well. I got off my ar*e and actively sought a new job. The numpties at the Job Centre were of NO help whatsoever by the way. When I had to go and sign on, It was plain as a pikestaff, those who wanted a job and those who were "at it". We, as a country have to get rid of the latter catergory. (Waits for the howls of anquish) If you can't be arsed looking for work, don't expect ANY handouts at all. Oh.. If you can't be bothered getting a job, DON'T keep breeding to try and get you a few more quid each week. That's MY money! It's a question of attitudes really. Our education system started to fall apart many years ago. Now the numpties are churned out not knowing the slightest about how to write in an understandable way or to use the Queen's English. Just "try" reading some of the posts on wiki ! No employer in their right mind is going to take their likes on. As an aside,I have paid thousands of pounds in taxes to have these oiks educated. It hasn't worked. I WANT A BLOODY BIG REFUND !!!! mad mad mad mad

Smartchild
Smartchild
Queens English? Check your spelling! And how come when you were on the dole you were completely genuine but everyone on benefits now is thick, lazy and a scrounger???

P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
Oh dear. Yes - my spelling is not perfect. No excuses other than being really angry when typing out my little piece. The thing is, I admit my grammar and spelling is not 100%, BUT I TRY, unlike some.

To answer your 2nd point. When I was on the dole, I WAS genuine. Nowt hidden, no porkies told. "but everyone on benefits now is thick....." Try as I may, I can't see where I wrote that! Don't, repeat DON'T quote things I never said.

Last edited by Pinzgauer; 2nd Sep 2013 9:05pm. Reason: pour speling.
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Some wonderful definitions of numpty here

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty

dont shoot the messenger lol

Last edited by ZipperClub; 2nd Sep 2013 9:23pm.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
And spot on pinzgauer, good to no im not alone.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Sermons in Erlangen, Marburg, Göttingen and Frankfurt (January 1946), as quoted in Martin Niemöller, 1892-1984 (1984) by James Bentley, p. 177.

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie die Juden holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Jude.

Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr, der protestierte.
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Addict
Addict
Exactly Shambo and Suexx.I pay my way, no benefits.Its no joke struggling all the time.Council tax is worse than bedroom tax if you dont pay you go to court.all them cuts are to get the lazy ones making a living out the benefits system to give them the incentive to get up in the morning and go look for work.Its sad them who do most need help dont get it.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by guitarlad
Exactly Shambo and Suexx.
You must be reading something else. Suexxx and Shambo have differing views, in this 'discussion'. Oh dear...

Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Oh dear. Yes - my spelling is not perfect. No excuses other than being really angry when typing out my little piece. The thing is, I admit my grammar and spelling is not 100%, BUT I TRY, unlike some.

To answer your 2nd point. When I was on the dole, I WAS genuine. Nowt hidden, no porkies told. "but everyone on benefits now is thick....." Try as I may, I can't see where I wrote that! Don't, repeat DON'T quote things I never said.

I don't appreciate being shouted at, especially when you're wrong.

What you said was "Now the numpties are churned out not knowing the slightest about how to write in an understandable way or to use the Queen's English. Just "try" reading some of the posts on wiki ! No employer in their right mind is going to take their likes on."

You did call people on benefits thick. And as you were unlucky enough to be one of them for 11 months, you of all people shouldn't being tarring them all with the same brush. And at the same time insulting some Wiki members.

Well done you clap

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Too put it in simple terms then.... if your on benefits, ANY KIND OF BENEFIT. You either get your rent paid for, free school meals, milk,car with a blue badge, holidays, glasses, dentists all paid for. WORKERS however have to pay for all theses as well as pay their tax and national insurance, so tell me again who is worse of, yes the ones who work.

Out of that lot, I get one - my Blue Badge. No car though because I don't drive. Only those on certain benefits get free dental care. I would love to know where the holidays are dished out Sue - I would love a week in Scotland again please smile Oh, and I pay my Stamp and £9.85 Tax out of my benefits too.

Everyone that works knows that non workers have big tv,s, latest phones(with internet), smokes, drinks, goes to bed at all hours, sits on pc all night, have chips on their shoulders thinking the state owns them more.

No big tv here - the one I do have is old and is borrowed off my best friend. No latest phone, don't drink, yes I go to bed at about 0400 until 0800 but don't sleep for those 4 hours because I am in too much pain or feel sick from the heavy duty painkillers. No chips either as I am on a diet so I can have my surgery. The state doesn't own me either, I am not a possession.

Simple really, non workers are better off, they don't have to work each day doing 3 peoples jobs cos as people have left they haven't been replaced. They don't have to pay money for travel costs to and from job, these are paid from wages that have been cut or froze. SO WORKERS are picking up the same wage as 3 years ago but the price of everything has doubled at least in that time.

I would LOVE to go back to work, so if you would like my disability and the rather nasty operations and treatment I face in the near future then I will HAPPILY swap places happy

Just for the record (again *yawn*), I have worked for 25yrs+ and was made redundant just a few weeks after my accident. I didn't claim benefits until I had used up all my redundancy pay.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush!

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,610 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,950 Spotted!