Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,362
Posts1,033,322
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (2 invisible), 9,575 guests, and 459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#809998 23rd Jul 2013 5:36pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Dear oh dear Frank you really are clutching at straws, pray tell me how many Tory MPs have been jailed for perjury, dishonesty I know thieving is rife amongst all MPs but the tories hold the record but apart from that they are that thick skinned they can see no wrong in what they have done and on release return to the trough or the upper trough to continue as a given right I see one ex tory MP trying to get back on the gravy train by applying to UKIP and the arrogance of Cameron in his recent TV interview about lobbying, these people don't run the country for the populace they run it as their own PLC for what they can get out of it, they are the worst kind of thieves, they don't thieve to eat or feed their families they thieve because they are greedy much wants more people much is never enough.

Google Ads
#810185 24th Jul 2013 10:14am
Forum Master
Forum Master
I didn't imply that all Labour MPs are sqeeky clean Frank, to be blunt there are very few MP's of any party that have not had their hand in the till,my point was as you stated yourself that most the Tories are rich and don't need to thieve, with them it is pure greed again there are a very very few that deserve the title RT honourable,com'on be honest if you had a good income would you claim for a mars bar on expenses? but you have been critical of the trade unions which is your right, but you must accept that the tories are funded by big business yet they turn around and accuse the labour party of being in the unions pocket,I do agree that there should be a capped amount for political parties but Dave blanched at this,that says a lot.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by insanekitty
Labour took a good and strong UK and Fooked it into the ground!
All the tories are doing is putting it right AGAIN like they did in 1979 after Labour fooked it up before that!

Indeed - ying and yang in it's purest form - you break it we fix it to our 'ideals' then that doesn't work so it's over to the other lot to 'fix' their way - pretty boring and predicatable - which is why this country is going nowhere..

RUDEBOX #810247 24th Jul 2013 3:28pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Well basically Frank if we buy goods or services from these companies we contribute indirectly how do we know the odd penny here and their added on is not going to be used as slush money? as to share holders voting I have never seen any reference to political levis nor to inflated pay offs for disgraced company managers, as to your comment I have seen a survey "somewhere" it is a bit vague and not definable we can all point to misdemeanours by the various parties but the nasty tories are way ahead in their poor treatment of the majority of people in this country hence their time in parliament is beset with demonstrations culminating in the heavy use of the police or army if these people can defraud the inland revenue then they have the means to move money around which is not accounted for and we would be naïve to believe otherwise, at least the labour leadership is willing to do something about it but Daves knuckles went white holding on to the debating table when it was suggested that political contributions be capped to all parties

#810313 24th Jul 2013 5:43pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
I would have expected better from you Frank than a dismissive all propaganda, you have swallowed the Tory Lie about unemployed milking the system dry now THAT is pure propaganda and there is legitimate evidence to prove it, a typical ploy to turn attention away from the vicious attacks this unelected government are making on the people of this country to make a scapegoat of a section of society, just like the Nazis did to the Jews, blame all the ills on someone else the unemployed, immigrants the Labour party anyone bar themselves or their non policies, I hoped never again to see the odious face of conservatism holding power, but alas they only way they could get it was by default, look around the world right wing governments are usually kept in power by dictators and the force of arms

casper #810321 24th Jul 2013 6:09pm
Old Hand
Old Hand
Spot on Casper, and give it time, but tories will make anyone on a benefit wear something to identify themselves, it wont be as obvious as the nazis did, but it will come, and they are doing a lovley job of turning people against each other, Remember your only one accident/ redundancy/illness away from being in their clutches and i bet people would change their tune then !

Originally Posted by casper
I would have expected better from you Frank than a dismissive all propaganda, you have swallowed the Tory Lie about unemployed milking the system dry now THAT is pure propaganda and there is legitimate evidence to prove it, a typical ploy to turn attention away from the vicious attacks this unelected government are making on the people of this country to make a scapegoat of a section of society, just like the Nazis did to the Jews, blame all the ills on someone else the unemployed, immigrants the Labour party anyone bar themselves or their non policies, I hoped never again to see the odious face of conservatism holding power, but alas they only way they could get it was by default, look around the world right wing governments are usually kept in power by dictators and the force of arms

RUDEBOX #810352 24th Jul 2013 7:19pm
Frank, looks like you're putting the 'cat amongst the paupers' by being here.

Keep it up.

Pablo #810356 24th Jul 2013 7:39pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Pablo is that what you really think? or are you a troll With nothing to add of your own just wanting to stir things up? we could be on the verge of losing the NHS to privatisation to line the pockets of shareholders and your solution is to make crass remarks, there are no so blind as those that don't wish to see, I hope your never in need of a helping hand or a kind word mate.

RUDEBOX #810386 24th Jul 2013 9:17pm
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Just a reminder of the original post handbag Waste of time, all this bickering.
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
At Queen Elizabeth Courts, 1pm on Saturday 27th July 2013.

You are invited to be a part of history and attend a demonstration that will see everybody who opposes the cuts descending on to Liverpool town centre. This is our opportunity to come together from all over the UK, whether you are a bedroom tax group, a pensioners group, a union branch, an anti cuts group or an individual who has enough of life and the austerity measures that have been put in place by Etonian elite and carried out locally.

The reality of the cuts is starting to hit and we are only 20% thro...ugh them, there is nobody that this does not effect unless you are a millionaire!
The TUC is sitting on its hands after calling marches in London and is still considering the merits of a general strike over austerity, whilst applauding other countries who's working class people have taken to the streets in huge numbers whilst our own country is on its knees.
Its up to everybody to take ownership, get involved and send a clear message out, we will not wait for somebody else to organise it on our behalf, we the working class people will lead by example and show those with power what the feeling is and what is required.

This is not about Bootle, not about Sefton, not about Liverpool this is about all those working class towns and cities up and down the country being held responsible and wherever you are in the UK you are invited to join us, for one day to make the point that ENUF is ENUF!!!

Bob Crow, Tony Mulhearn and Sheila Coleman are confirmed as a speakers.

A steel drum band will be playing and we are in discussion with other bands!

casper #810393 24th Jul 2013 9:45pm
Originally Posted by casper
I hope your never in need of a helping hand or a kind word mate.

I won't be as no matter what happens in my life I'll endeavour to make sure me and mine are looked after through hard graft.

*You're

RUDEBOX #810394 24th Jul 2013 10:09pm
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Happy days for you Mr B.
Bollox to the rest of society then, yeah?

RUDEBOX #810406 24th Jul 2013 10:56pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Bob Crow, Tony Mulhearn and Sheila Coleman are confirmed as a speakers.

A steel drum band will be playing and we are in discussion with other bands!

So with any luck the steel band will be loud enough to drown out the first two speakers.

Carpe diem.
RUDEBOX #810416 24th Jul 2013 11:22pm
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Lol. Turn up and find out....It's Open Mic-would you like to do a turn?

insanekitty #810485 25th Jul 2013 11:53am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by insanekitty
Labour took a good and strong UK and Fooked it into the ground!
All the tories are doing is putting it right AGAIN like they did in 1979 after Labour fooked it up before that!

All the parties are the same and all the MPs are the same - they are only in it for themselves as you will never see a poor one be it Lab, Lib or Con

Your post Kitty, is quite clearly as accurate as we will get on here. The 'copy and paste' propoganda on the first page, is clearly propoganda of gross proportions. Facts can be churned out from every direction, which actually doesn't improve or change anything.
However, having said that, I do believe that life for many in this country has now become intolerable. I don't believe that a 'general strike' should be encouraged, as that is the way certain groups would love to make an impact and it will do nothing to help, it would no doubt make things worse.
How can anyone without employment, now have the ability to wait and see what will happen. Frustrations are rising and at no time recently, I can recall, has anyone of our political parties joined forces in making any meaningful words of empathy towards the all those who are struggling to pay their way at the moment.It becomes a political , point scoring spat at Question Time .Most people would be happier with someone who actually understands the way they feel but that would show 'weakness' from political figures.Not only that, if they haven't suffered the same, they cannot comprehend.
What denotes a 'depression'. I'm not sure whether we are in one or not. That word has been struck off recently.
Those in private rented could end up being so far behind in their rents that they either get evicted or spend the next so many years trying to pay the debt back. This will all culminate in bad health,particularly depresion.
I can't blame people for taking to the street now, Parlaiment needs to wake up when they return from their summer holidays, and realise that something major has to be done by bringing industry back into this country and not selling off what we are hanging onto..
The unfortunate thing is that people in this county winge too soon about things. When it really gets bad, nobody is listening anymore.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
#810486 25th Jul 2013 11:55am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Well Frank its a world wide problem Detroit in the USA is virtually bankrupt it was probably the Labour party and the unemployed that did That Spain France and Greece ,lets have a good scapegoat to blame all the ills on, lets forget about insider trading and tax evasion it doesn't happen its all propaganda put about by the trade unions, Geoge Osbourne is doing a wonderful job borrowing money the economy is stagnant but lets dwell on the Olympics and the Royal Birth wonderful news for GB plc the boys made a few bob there kerching,did'nt we do well, perhaps if all the political parties came together in a coalition instead of the blame game and agreed policies to defeat the common enemy of austerity and we might get somewhere, and the demonstrations across the UK were,nt orchestrated by the Trade unions Frank as you well know,and to finish the Tories weren't elected by a majority Frank if they hadn't jumped into bed with the also ran party there would have been a hung parliament.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,442 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,668 Spotted!