More info.Bromborough Pool Village Conservation Area was designated in October 1986. It is located on the eastern side of the Wirral Peninsular, close to the banks of the River Mersey.
Bromborough Pool stands in History
as one of the villages constructed by wealthy industrialists that revolutionised the working and living standards of their workers. It was developed in 1854 to provide homes for workers in the nearby Price's Candle Factory. The site was chosen due to its proximity to Liverpool, through which one of the critical materials in the candle making process in that time, palm oil, was imported. As the new site was some distance away from existing residential areas, it was necessary to construct new housing for the workers. The factory’s owners, the Wilson brothers, already had a good reputation for the empathy and attitude they had towards their workers and this was further displayed in the layout and management of the Bromborough Pool site.
Although beginning in 1854 the development of the Village continued throughout the rest of the century to incorporate a school, hospital, village hall and Church, all of which remained in the ownership of the factory. The Village, therefore, represents one of the earliest examples of English private company