Pros of Apple:
- decent software: iMovie, GarageBand...
- minimal setup time: almost works straight out the box (plug in, turn on, set-up wifi, done).
- if you've an iOS device (iPod, iPhone, iPad), by all accounts, iTunes works better on a Mac than Windows PC.
- depreciation is less than a PC.
- If you also need the Windows environment; it's easier to get a Mac to dual boot Windows (via BootCamp), than it is to get a non-Mac PC to boot OS X (via OSx86/Hackintosh).
Cons of Apple:
- Initial cost.
- The hardware upgrade path is restrictive at best (impossible on the latest MacBook Air).
- Service-pack-style OS updates are not free. (Security updates are, however.)
- Few AAA title games appear on the Mac. This is slowly changing, with Valve leading the way.
Myths of Apple
- No viruses or malware. Whilst much less common than on Windows; they do exist.
To be honest, if the cons don't bother you, you probably won't regret the decision.