Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,238 guests, and 440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#738507 30th Oct 2012 11:01am
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
The funding for free loft insulation for private home owners ends in January, with the winter starting to kick in and energy prices being so high can you afford not to have your loft checked to see if it needs the insulation topped up? the insulation in your loft needs to be covering your loft beams with a depth of no less than 150mm.
If you think you could do with a top up on your loft send me a pm and I'll arrange for a loft survey to be carried out, fitting will only take about an hour max.

Google Ads
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
The funding for free loft insulation for private home owners ends in January, with the winter starting to kick in and energy prices being so high can you afford not to have your loft checked to see if it needs the insulation topped up? the insulation in your loft needs to be covering your loft beams with a depth of no less than 270mm.
If you think you could do with a top up on your loft send me a pm and I'll arrange for a loft survey to be carried out, fitting will only take about an hour max.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Is this the same insulation you advertised this morning with only 150mm of insulation.

I don't know what sort of kickbacks Wirral Borough Council is giving (and getting) but this scheme is REALLY being pushed at the moment.

I've had someone in one of my places today saying that the Council will PAY ME to have the insulation installed in the flats above the shops, even if they're empty, this from a council who is constantly cutting services due to budget cuts.

When I said that they already have insulation I was told that it wasn't enough (without ever seeing it) and that if I had it then next year they would pay for double glazing and a new central heating system as well.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
My posting this morning had an error in it and I couldn't find a way to delete the post hence the second posting.
The energy saving schemes that have been around for a while now are coming to an end in January, over the years the schemes only allowed for lagging in between the struts upto a depth of around 150mm, now the regulations say you have to insulate domestic loft spaces to a depth of 270mm,I am sorry if there was any confusion in my first posting. Local council are not paying the cost of the new insulation it is the energy suppliers themselves, the grant lies with the said property not the current owner or tenant. You cannot have this work done without the survey being completed first,the survey consists of a five minute look in the loft space to measure the depth of the current loft insulation.

Smartchild
Smartchild
I live in rented acommodation, we had a flood over the summer and the loft insulation above the bedroom has been compromised. The bedroom is now considerably colder since this, can we get help to have it re-done? Yes I know, just ask the landlord but I am asking first.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
PM sent

Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Under the Wirral Council scheme (now extended until end Nov) private tenants can get insulation free, as long as landlord gives permission. Ring 0800 043 0151 for more info or check www.warmerwirral.org.uk

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Green deal scheme

Green Deal Cashback for householders

The Green Deal Cashback Scheme is a first-come, first-served offer where householders can claim cashback from Government on energy saving improvements like insulation, front doors, windows and boilers. Packages could be worth over £1000 - the more you do, the more you get. It is available from 28 January 2013 for households in England and Wales.

The Cashback will only be available to householders who get a Green Deal assessment, have work arranged through a Green Deal Provider (this could be directly with a national brand or through a local tradesperson linked with a Provider) and make a contribution to costs.

The Government Cashback is a limited offer while funds last. Green Deal Participants can encourage their customers to get Green Deal assessments early so, when the scheme opens, customers are ready to apply and get approval, for their Cashback voucher before improvement work begins. A new quick guide on the Cashback scheme is available.

Government has guaranteed that £40m will be available at the rates listed in this guide. After this, Cashback amounts may reduce.

The Cashback is open to any householder making energy saving improvements under the Green Deal, after 28th January 2013. This includes owner-occupiers, those renting privately or in social housing. Landlords, both private and social, are also eligible where they pay installation costs, up to certain limits. In all cases, Cashback will be capped at 50% of the householder’s contribution to costs.

To qualify for the Cashback householders must:

have a Green Deal assessment carried out on the property
get and agree quotes from a Green Deal Provider (this could be directly with a national brand or through a local tradesperson linked with a Provider)
apply for Cashback voucher online or by phone. To make things easier some Providers will be able to apply on behalf of their customers
receive voucher confirming the Cashback
complete works within specified period
redeem voucher, along with evidence of works completed, for Cashback.

Work must be done within a specified period - 6 months for Solid Wall Insulation, 3 months for other improvements and in all cases before 31 March 2014 to claim the Cashback.

Householders can fund improvements through a Green Deal Plan, or however they wish, and get the Cashback but they must use a Green Deal Provider to arrange the work. The more improvements a householder makes, the bigger the Cashback.

Householders can only make one claim for the Cashback, but it may cover a package of improvements recommended by the Green Deal assessment. The Government Cashback is separate and additional to any similar offers that may be made by Green Deal Providers.

Householders can also choose to donate some or all of their Cashback to a charity or community interest company of their choice signed up with the scheme administrator.
Green Deal Cashback Scheme: Eligible measures and cash back amounts

These rates are guaranteed for the first £40m after which the rates are likely to reduce. Act early to get the best rates. Up to £125m has been earmarked for the scheme as a whole.

Loft insulation (including top up) and insulating cavity walls (where appropriate) are important, basic energy saving measures. So where a Green Deal assessment recommends these alongside other improvements, householders will only be able to get the Cashback if they do those too.
Energy Saving Measure

Cashback level
Loft insulation (incl.top up) £100
Cavity Wall Insulation £250
Solid Wall Insulation* £650
Flat roof insulation £390
Room in roof insulation £220
Floor insulation £150
Hot water cylinder insulation (top up)** £10
Draught proofing £50
Heating controls (roomstat and/or programmer & time/temperature zone controls)** £70
Condensing oil boiler from non-condensing oil heating or other *** £310
Upgrade boiler to condensing gas boiler from non-condensing boiler or other. £270
Flue Gas heat recovery (condensing combi boiler) only alongside replacement boiler £90
New or replacement storage heaters £150
Replacement warm-air unit £60
Waste water heat recovery systems £60
Double/Triple Glazing (old single to A) £20 per m2 up to a maximum of £320
Secondary glazing £15 per m2 up to a maximum of £230
High performance replacement doors £40
Further conditions of cash back

* A minimum of 50% of external walls must be insulated to qualify for a Cashback.

** Cannot be claimed at same time as boiler replacement (as this is a regulatory requirement).

***householders should consider their renewable heat options, as they could get a higher payment under RHPP now, for certain measures.

FAQs
When will people be able to apply to the scheme?

The scheme will open for applications at the end of January 2013 at the same time as the Green Deal becomes available.
Can I have measures installed now then claim for the Cashback subsequently?

No, the Cashback is only available for installations that take place after the scheme launches – but you can have your assessment done and get quotes for work before then.
Why are you capping Cashback amounts at a percentage of the applicant’s costs?

Some households will benefit from energy efficiency measures being installed for free, or at a significantly subsidised cost – primarily as a result of subsidy from the Energy Company Obligation. We want to avoid over-rewarding people who are already benefiting in this way.
What does this have to do with the £150 that Green Deal providers can offer customers?

The Cashback scheme will be separate and in addition to any other ‘incentives’ offered by providers. For example, the Energy Bill allows for up to £150 to be ‘forwarded’ to the customer as an incentive and then repaid as part of the Green Deal plan. Providers may choose to offer this, or incentives funded by other means, in addition to the Government Cashback. Providers will be required to make any such distinctions clear to customers.
I’m getting my energy-saving improvements for free – can I qualify for Cashback?
No.

Old Hand
Old Hand
I'm have an issue with my loft insulation, could you pm me please, as I can't pm you.

Thanks

Maisie #741367 7th Nov 2012 10:09pm
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Hello hun what seems to be the problem with your insulation? I've cleared my inbox now

Last edited by futurepast; 7th Nov 2012 10:10pm.

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am