Forum Stats
12137 Members
65 Forums
72391 Topics
976121 Posts
23 posts in the last 24hrs
Max Online: 7831 @ 8th Apr 2013 4:18pm
Who's Online - Click Me
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Social Media : Follow Us

(Views 7days)This Weeks Most Read
HMT Lancastria 543
Another Big Waste Fire in Liverpool. 469
Vet help 456
Name help 416
Another tree down on Arrowe park Road? 237
Talk Talk Security Breach 232
Mobile mechanic needed to fit a wishbone 192
That was kept a bit quiet? 186
RIP Peter Vaughan 143
MIG welder 126
New General Forums
Lib/dems rule the day
by JimmyG
2nd Dec 2016 10:59pm
Daft funny joke
by venice
2nd Dec 2016 5:54pm
We dont learn much.
by venice
1st Dec 2016 9:22pm
Freegle
by venice
1st Dec 2016 6:36pm
New Wirral History
Name help
by Paternoster21
3rd Dec 2016 8:03am
HMT Lancastria
by granny
2nd Dec 2016 11:38pm
Cubitts Holland and Hannen
by fish5133
27th Nov 2016 5:38pm
Fire station
by chris7777
22nd Nov 2016 12:24pm
Buy a house in Greasby for 12s a week - in 1935
by yoller
6th Oct 2016 6:56pm
Forum Tips
Photo Gallery Forums
fireworks on the Mersey last night
Hadlow train station
Topic Replies
Vet help
by venice
Yesterday at 09:57 PM
HMT Lancastria
by cools
Yesterday at 04:59 PM
Micro desktop PC
by anniebo28
Yesterday at 02:24 PM
Talk Talk Security Breach
by Gibbo
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
RIP Peter Vaughan
by Gibbo
Yesterday at 10:56 AM
Another Big Waste Fire in Liverpool.
by Gibbo
Yesterday at 10:53 AM
Blank Page : Offline
by Mark
Yesterday at 09:23 AM
Iphone 5s, Grey, near mint condition, 50
by anniebo28
7th Dec 2016 9:39pm
Mobile mechanic needed to fit a wishbone
by anniebo28
7th Dec 2016 7:30pm
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Recent Posts : What's On ?
Wirral TUC Meeting re Update on Wallasey CLP Suspe
by RUDEBOX
30th Nov 2016 9:16pm
World Aids Day Event 2016. Liverpool
by RUDEBOX
30th Nov 2016 9:05pm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#741197 - 7th Nov 2012 1:42pm Vehicle Checks
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Loc: Merseyside
I have just got my new V% doc through post, and car is listed as a saloon.
Phoned DVLA and they say they can not change it, as car is a saloon.

My car is a hatchback.

Done a few checks online and they all come back with car being a saloon.

Even fords ETTIS web site says its a saloon

Attachments: Viewing Permissions May Apply. Click Me
Capture.JPG

AutoWirral : Advertising
Click me for more Information......

* * * Dentwiz : Paintless Dent Repair * * *
Now Advertise with WikiWirral.
WikiWirral stats 35,000 Page Views a Day +500 Search Engines.. Click Me
#741224 - 7th Nov 2012 3:15pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
chriskay Offline
Forum Veteran

Loc: shropshire
If Ford have chosen to call it a saloon, that's it. I guess you can live with it.

#741226 - 7th Nov 2012 3:19pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: chriskay]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Originally Posted By: chriskay
If Ford have chosen to call it a saloon, that's it. I guess you can live with it.
I can live with it yes, thats not the problem, the problem is the insurance company, and its a pain in the arse when everytime i go past a police car with ANPR camera on it, and they stop me, as plate comes back to a different car.

Edited by BurgerChips (7th Nov 2012 3:21pm)

#741416 - 8th Nov 2012 7:53am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
keving Offline
Smartchild

Loc: wirral
Why does the ANPR camera go off? surely the camera doesnt read your reg and then decide your car isn't a saloon ?
my understanding was the ANPR would only alert the driver for things like : Stolen vehicle, no tax, no insurance, no MOT. And then also if your car has a fingered as being suspicious, as in being previously used in a crime or anti social behavior.

Cant see a way round it though if the DVLA refuse to change it, perhaps drive to the chester office, and speak in person. My dealings with the DVLA have shown that most of the time, it's just who you speak to, and if they can be bothered helping you.

#741422 - 8th Nov 2012 8:43am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Offline
Guardian

Keving you're right. there's no reason for an ANPR camera to go off unless he's actually done things wrong. I think it's one of those cases of adjusting the facts to fit round a story.

#741426 - 8th Nov 2012 9:14am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: keving]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Originally Posted By: keving
Why does the ANPR camera go off? surely the camera doesnt read your reg and then decide your car isn't a saloon ?
my understanding was the ANPR would only alert the driver for things like : Stolen vehicle, no tax, no insurance, no MOT. And then also if your car has a fingered as being suspicious, as in being previously used in a crime or anti social behavior.

Cant see a way round it though if the DVLA refuse to change it, perhaps drive to the chester office, and speak in person. My dealings with the DVLA have shown that most of the time, it's just who you speak to, and if they can be bothered helping you.
It pings anpr as my car shows up as untaxed, even tho it is taxed, thats when questions get asked.

I will ignore the complete idiot who posted after yourself, he is on my ignore list since he tried charging me a fortune to do my cam belt, even the fella from serpentine road, who was on watchdog. would of been cheaper than him

#741444 - 8th Nov 2012 9:47am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
keving Offline
Smartchild

Originally Posted By: BurgerChips
It pings anpr as my car shows up as untaxed, even tho it is taxed, thats when questions get asked.

I will ignore the complete idiot who posted after yourself, he is on my ignore list since he tried charging me a fortune to do my cam belt, even the fella from serpentine road, who was on watchdog. would of been cheaper than him

Ah ok, perhaps go chester then and explain it, bit of a pain but less of a pain getting quizzed all the time. They can prob sort the tax issue also. Does depend on what day you go and who you speak to though. As with most things fridays are better than mondays for getting people to assist you.
LOL re the cam belt comment grin How much did he want ? And who is the guy from serpintine road? missed that watchdog

#741451 - 8th Nov 2012 10:04am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: keving]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Ah ok, perhaps go chester then and explain it, bit of a pain but less of a pain getting quizzed all the time. They can prob sort the tax issue also. Does depend on what day you go and who you speak to though. As with most things fridays are better than mondays for getting people to assist you.
LOL re the cam belt comment grin How much did he want ? And who is the guy from serpintine road? missed that watchdog
http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbth...html#Post736659

#741452 - 8th Nov 2012 10:04am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: keving]
mrhanky Offline
Forum Addict

Loc: my house
could of pinged the anpr if it was when you'd only just taxed it.

plod know that anpr/dvla are not always 100% correct, there is a form plod can give you when you've been stopped to say that it is just a 'clerical error' may not stop you getting pulled but can save loads of hassle if you do get stopped.

as long as the make, model and colour match up then once the tax issue (if there is one) then i doubt that any copper would ever notice what body type it comes up as.

#741460 - 8th Nov 2012 11:01am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
TheDr Offline
Forum Master

Loc: Wirral
The ANPR isn't totally up to date, and the police know this, so if the tax/insurance/MoT was in the last few days their system might not have it on yet.

They can check it fairly quickly if they wanted to, MoT and Tax are updated on the VOSA and DVLA sites instantly, but the ANPR doesn't actually work like that.

The body type isn't a real issue, unless your insurance company has it insured as the wrong one, just check your policy, they can correct/amend it easily if needed.

If you want DVLA to sort it out you can either call in and see them or return your log book with a covering letter explaining that you need to make a CORRECTION to the details listed, you must state that as otherwise they could enter it as a MODIFICATION, which can lead to whole heap of paperwork you neither want nor need.

Chester office is okay but I've spent 4-5hours there queuing more than once, found Manchester to be much better staffed, a lot bigger and FAR more helpful, I don't think it's taken me more than 45min from going in to coming out even at the busiest time, and that included a vehicle check.

#741590 - 8th Nov 2012 11:08pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Offline
Guardian

I can only possibly assume you mean the time you messed my dad around by getting him to come round then ignoring his calls? And I hardly think 90 to change a Cambelt is 'a fortune' considering you were pretty happy with the price to begin with.

#741592 - 8th Nov 2012 11:23pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: turnip]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Originally Posted By: turnip

I can only possibly assume you mean the time you messed my dad around by getting him to come round then ignoring his calls? And I hardly think 90 to change a Cambelt is 'a fortune' considering you were pretty happy with the price to begin with.
Your dad did not call round, so please do not tell lies. And i did not arrange for him to call round, if he did, he did it off his own back, as i gave you my number to give to him to phone me first, if he decided to call round without phoning me, then that is not my fault.

But hell, you tried charging me 200 for the parts and fitting, I still have pm's to confirm this.
This is as bad as bloke from serpentine road.

#741595 - 8th Nov 2012 11:32pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Offline
Guardian

Your dad did not call round, so please do not tell lies. And i did not arrange for him to call round, if he did, he did it off his own back, as i gave you my number to give to him to phone me first, if he decided to call round without phoning me, then that is not my fault.

But hell, you tried charging me 200 for the parts and fitting, I still have pm's to confirm this.
This is as bad as bloke from serpentine road.

Please feel free to post these as I'd love to see them. Pretty sure we said 90 for labour then detailed the parts. You yourself even said you managed to get some cheaper. Just because your mental capacity is clearly below that of a child it does not mean everyone else's is. As for 'being as bad as the guy from serpentine road' what a load of bull and how dare you talk about my dad like that. There's plenty of people on here he's done work for who didn't mess him around and are very happy with the price and service.

#741597 - 8th Nov 2012 11:33pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Offline
Guardian

And I'm not going to dignify anything you have to say with a response. You truly are an idiot.

#741598 - 8th Nov 2012 11:34pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: turnip]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Copy of your pm

Hi Ian, I have a price for the cam belt change on your car if you are still after it. If you have the parts it is 90. We suggest using a whole kit rather than just a belt which includes the tensioners as well. We would use a gates cam belt kit as these are well known for being reliable. For the kit from a reputable retailer it is around 70, just the belt is around 20-30.

It may also be worth considering changing the water pump whilst the cam belt is changed. No extra labour cost, just the cost of the anti freeze and water pump.

We believe the cost of the water pump plus antifreeze would be around 45. If you would like an exact price we could do with the registration number of the vehicle, also is the cam cover black in colour?

So you are looking just over 200ish if you want the cam belt kit, water pump, anti freeze change and labour.

Where abouts do you live as my dad will pop round, free of charge, and see if he can diagnose the noise from the engine before we do the work, just incase it is something else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  StuyMac 
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Talk Talk Security Breach
by fish5133
7th Dec 2016 6:19pm
Mobile mechanic needed to fit a wishbone
by anniebo28
6th Dec 2016 7:13pm
Vet help