WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,027 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Article by Lorna Hughes Liverpool Echo 22 August 2012:

Thousands of Merseyside householders could be charged for having their garden waste collected.

Opponents today described the controversial move as a “garden tax” on Wirral residents.

In the autumn councillors are due to debate the introduction of a subscription service for garden waste collections.

Under the current system, 112,000 homes in Wirral – around 77% – have a brown bin for garden waste but the cost is met by all taxpayers.

The council said the issue was just one of a range of proposals Wirral residents will be asked for their views on in a “comprehensive consultation” over the next few months.

It will be the third such survey in the past three years as the council tries to find £100m in savings over the next three years.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...llections-100252-31670068/#ixzz24a8JGLWb

Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Should that case arise it will either go in to green bin, cause massive queues at the tip, or get dumped. Don't they ever learn?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Moonstar
Should that case arise it will either go in to green bin, cause massive queues at the tip, or get dumped. Don't they ever learn?

No, they don't. Might just as well get rid of the brown bins,which they said we all had to have. What about the services many don't use but still pay for. Rediculous idea, could be the tip of an iceberg, Will those on benefits get free collections and those who aren't have to pay for them?

Last edited by granny; 26th Aug 2012 12:17am.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
If they go through with it surely we would then ALL be able to refuse to pay for services we don't use.

I don't have a brown bin, or a green one, never have, asked for one when I got the place, didn't get one so EVERYTHING I throw away goes into a business bin which I pay for, so would I be due twenty odd years of refuse collection refund ?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by TheDr
If they go through with it surely we would then ALL be able to refuse to pay for services we don't use.

I don't have a brown bin, or a green one, never have, asked for one when I got the place, didn't get one so EVERYTHING I throw away goes into a business bin which I pay for, so would I be due twenty odd years of refuse collection refund ?

If all is fair, then why not, Dr.?

Can anyone say what happens to our garden waste on Wirral? Other councils do actually inform what the process involves for the environmetal protection and this payment,is obviously an idea which other councils have brought into play.
Well I think we might have to demand the weekly collection back, of the green bins, if this goes ahead. Presumably the Wirral Council will be putting their two fingers up at the environmetal protection idea because I think the end product is that we can't afford to be paying additional amounts any longer. Little bits here and little bits there all add up and if the council have bad management skills, then it's a bit like me going out and spending too much and expecting 'me mates' to pay it back for me.
This should be in the rant section!

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Addict
Addict
It's now an overall controlled Labour council. They will bash the toffs...you can put money on it.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Agreed Alan, although we don't have to be 'toffs' in Wirral to have a garden.
The annoying thing is, that if anyone can speak properly, write correctly, look after themselves without benefits,keep a standard of living, which once was considered normal at all levels, they are now referred to as 'toffs'. Thoroughly sickening and I think it's about time these so called 'toffs' should rise up and stop being rediculed by the degenerates who think the 'toffs' owe them too much.
Quite often a clear example of 'inverted snobbery' in many who just can't get to grips with fact that Mary could possibly have more than Mandy!

If you live in Heswall,Neston, Parkgate, Irby, Frankby,Port Sunlight, West Kirby,Hoylake, Greasby,and surrounding areas you will be classed as a 'toff' by many from Wallasey, Birkenhead, Tranmere, Rock Ferry,etc and they need to say why because at the end of the day they rely upon those people for so many different reasons, it's impossible to list them all..

Last edited by granny; 26th Aug 2012 11:11am.

~Chief Seattle
P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted by granny
The annoying thing is, that if anyone can speak properly, write correctly, look after themselves without benefits,keep a standard of living, which once was considered normal at all levels, they are now referred to as 'toffs'. Thoroughly sickening and I think it's about time these so called 'toffs' should rise up and stop being rediculed by the degenerates who think the 'toffs' owe them too much.
Quite often a clear example of 'inverted snobbery' in many who just can't get to grips with fact that Mary could possibly have more than Mandy!

If you live in Heswall,Neston, Parkgate, Irby, Frankby,Port Sunlight, West Kirby,Hoylake, Greasby,and surrounding areas you will be classed as a 'toff' by many from Wallasey, Birkenhead, Tranmere, Rock Ferry,etc and they need to say why because at the end of the day they rely upon those people for so many different reasons, it's impossible to list them all..

withthat

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

thats a rather sweeping statement to make

Standby to Beach! Out Troops!
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by dave_h

thats a rather sweeping statement to make

Too right Dave, that's a massive generalisation.

"The annoying thing is, that if anyone can speak properly, write correctly, look after themselves without benefits,keep a standard of living, which once was considered normal at all levels, they are now referred to as 'toffs'",

I do all of the above yet only live in lowly Seacombe (with no brown bin!) Now does that make me a toff or not? Should I be rising up against being ridiculed in spite of where I live? I'm not sure what I'm relying on people from the 'posher' areas for. Please advise smile

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Generally generalisations,like statistics and verbal promises are not worth the paper they are written on!
I am a toff(eeman) and to be frank every area on(in)Wirral and everywhere else in the country has pockets of reasonably well off and not so well off. The list that Granny posted for example listed e.g. Hoylake, Port Sunlight,Neston et al; all the listed places have areas of deprivation just as much as "lowly Seacombe with no brown bin". Areas are made by communities not the physical area.
BTW if they do bring in the "brown bin tax" I will do what I ought to do now which is make my own compost.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Neston comes under Cheshire West & Ellesmere Port.my daughter is in the Port & she has got a garden waste bin,she hasn't got a garden where's the logic in that.

no1s gonna keep me from u
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by Alonso
It's now an overall controlled Labour council. They will bash the toffs...you can put money on it.

Thats the best joke I have heard on here for ages!

Have you seen how fat and rich your "local" Labour councillor is? And where they live?
They are only wanna be tories who just couldnt get in!

Last edited by insanekitty; 27th Aug 2012 10:16am.
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

withthat
I often think, when I drive along Vyner Road South, that these people must all be paying the top band of council tax, and yet the road surface along there left a lot to be desired the last time I drove along it.

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by insanekitty
Originally Posted by Alonso

Thats the best joke I have heard on here for ages!

Have you seen how fat and rich your "local" Labour councillor is? And where they live?
They are only wanna be tories who just couldnt get in!

It wasn't meant to be a joke, and I fully agree with you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am