Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone have any information about this incident which happened at around five o clock this evening

Last edited by catlover; 2nd Aug 2012 6:42pm. Reason: spelling
Google Ads
Yes I rang the police at 5pm as there was a man hanging over the bridge threstening to jump

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
There's about 3 threads about it. Guy threatened to jump, didn't. *shakes head*

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
I saw him. I was just getting on 53 at J1 and getting up to speed, trying to get into middle lane, but everyone was slowing down. Got into middle lane and started to cruise. Then saw pole-ice on other side of road and everyone slowing towards J2 on my side. Then I spotted the man in the black tracksuit standing on the wrong side of the railings looking down. As we passed I said, 'Oh look a jumper' to which my mum said - are you cold? I didn't want to draw attention as kids were in the car. So continued on. Last time I saw this was a girl on a bridge over the A55 just after leaving Britannia Bridge.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I dislike the- in my opinion-heartless comments, that i have read elsewhere, urging the person to jump so that people returning from work dont miss Home and Away!

Assumptions that the would be jumper was a bag head etc.

Who knows what was going through this persons head? What difficulties he has etc

I hope he gets the help he needs.

Forum Master
Forum Master
I can not believe how heartless some people can be.
I can not even begin to imagine what must of been going through this persons mind for them to want to end there life, a person is so distressed that they want to end there life, and another human being can make such nasty comments.

For a person to get this way where they feel like ending there life, they must have a lot going on inside there head, and they see no other way.
Yes they could of gone to hospital, but people in this state are not thinking right, yes some people do it for a cry for help, as no doubt they have exhausted all avenues open to them, and no one has listened to them or tried to help.

Next time you see someone in distress, try to think of how they are feeling, and dont just think about yourself, and how you will miss x factor or big brother, you really have to be a heartless person to think like that.
You never know, that could be you in that postion one day wanting help, you can sit there and say you would never do that, you never know whats around the corner.

I really hope this person got the help they needed, I am totally amazed at how some people think when they see another human being in distress, there first thought is, how is this going to effect me.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
I can not believe how heartless some people can be.
I can not even begin to imagine what must of been going through this persons mind for them to want to end there life, a person is so distressed that they want to end there life, and another human being can make such nasty comments.

For a person to get this way where they feel like ending there life, they must have a lot going on inside there head, and they see no other way.
Yes they could of gone to hospital, but people in this state are not thinking right, yes some people do it for a cry for help, as no doubt they have exhausted all avenues open to them, and no one has listened to them or tried to help.

Next time you see someone in distress, try to think of how they are feeling, and dont just think about yourself, and how you will miss x factor or big brother, you really have to be a heartless person to think like that.
You never know, that could be you in that postion one day wanting help, you can sit there and say you would never do that, you never know whats around the corner.

I really hope this person got the help they needed, I am totally amazed at how some people think when they see another human being in distress, there first thought is, how is this going to effect me.

well said.

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
I've read over this thread 3 times and have yet to see the "nasty comments" that people are referring to think

To assume that everyone who thinks about how it's going to affect themselves is because of "missing x factor or big brother" is just as judgemental. The likes of MissG who didn't want to have her 2 young children witness the guy standing on the bridge is a fair comment. Some people may have needed to get home to look after their children, or get to hospital to visit a sick relative. You don't know the circumstances of everyone.

I am one of the people who regularly gets annoyed with such behaviour. There are plenty of avenues to go down instead of causing such chaos by standing on a bridge and threatening to jump. The number of NHS options and charities grow by the day. I think of the wider picture too - the emergency services that are taken away from other jobs (mental health really isn't a "job" for the police, but the safety of the public is, hence having to close off the lanes) where imminent threat to life actually IS happening.

It must be frustrating for the emergency services to hear calls coming in over the radios where help is required but they can't go as they are on "stand by" just in case. Then there's the people who have no choice but to witness such events. People who may have small children in the car. I think of the impact on those children too (even though I'm not maternal at all).

So yes, I may be selfish in some people's eyes, but I've worked in the NHS long enough to see the same people coming through the doors with "cries for help" which aren't that, and some that are. I've worked in mental health too.

And before I get the "you wouldn't say that if it was someone in your family", I've had a family member that committed suicide recently and I still think they were selfish too! However, he didn't do any "cries for help", he just did it. Cleanly & quietly with disruption only to his family that lived with him. Yes it's devastated the whole family and I doubt his children will ever escape that image of finding him, but at least there was no outside involvement. Not much of a saving grace, but there you go.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by Wench
I've read over this thread 3 times and have yet to see the "nasty comments" that people are referring to think
At no time have I said the nasty comments where on this site, I was referring to the post Rudebox made,
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I dislike the- in my opinion-heartless comments, that i have read elsewhere, urging the person to jump so that people returning from work dont miss Home and Away!

Assumptions that the would be jumper was a bag head etc.

Who knows what was going through this persons head? What difficulties he has etc

I hope he gets the help he needs.
Sorry I should of made this clearer.

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Ahhh - it doesn't take much to confuse me at the moment wink Thanks for clearing that up smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Once again this country.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Once again this country.
That's a bit sweeping...Living in the UK does not make a person suicidal! If it did, there wouldn't be so many people flocking here from other parts of the world. raftl

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am