Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 12,807 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Mark #711828 24th Jul 2012 7:22pm
Addict
Addict
These wardens tend to be people of low intelligence & are one step up the ladder from street sweepers - or is it one step down the ladder ?
While it is pretty obvious to normal people that the cars parked after the crossing are not causing any obstruction, these cretins, who probably don't drive a car,aren't capable of thinking for themselves & try to apply the law as their small brains see it.
Get an appeal in right away.

Bob.

Google Ads
Uffda #711838 24th Jul 2012 8:18pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

From what Uffda says it seems to me that he was coming from Leasowe castle end of Reeds Lane.He says it was immediatly by the Liverpool bound platform and the barriers were coming down.This means he was on the approach to the crossing unless the description is incorrect.

Uffda #711846 24th Jul 2012 8:58pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Humm think

The Liverpool bound platform is on the Right Side looking at the picture.

[Linked Image]

There is parking (park and Ride over the crossing on the left), which i'm reading into being the worry for the barriers being down.

Originally Posted by Uffda
On friday I parked outside Leasowe train station (normally use the car park but the barriers were coming down and I didn't want to be late for a meeting in Liverpool. When I got back I found a fixed penalty ticket for unnecessary obstruction (view restricted) on my windscreen. I was on the road (no signs or road marking telling you not to park there) and I really can't see what view I was obstructing. It's the part of Reeds Lane immediately by the Liverpool bound train platform and there were about three cars ahead of me before the barrier who also got tickets.

Humm i missed this bit the bit that say's what the ticket is for.
I found a fixed penalty ticket for unnecessary obstruction (view restricted)

How can a car be an obstruction parked on the right in the layby (cut in) there is as much road on either side with cars on the right. I guess a job's worth trying it on.

Ive had a ticket in the past not there but it makes my blood boil when the distress of an appeal and costs that can be incurred just because of lack of training with a warden.

Imo its not justified and i would go for the appeal and if i won put a big sign up telling any other motorists to appeal as you can win.

Good luck with this one.

After Thought : unnecessary obstruction (view restricted)
Ive walked that crossing, drove over that crossing and cycled over that crossing. And Ive never had my view restricted of the road ahead by any of the cars parked on that side of the road.

All this hot air i'm blowing and were going to find out the car was parked on the left side lol

Mark #711869 24th Jul 2012 10:52pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
That is what I am saying, the car was parked on the left as you look at that picture.There is a bus stop in the "layby" and I am assuming the car was parked between this and the level crossing.There is a solid white line on that side of the road so cars overtaking the parked cars have to cross over the solid line.The ticketer has made out there is insufficient view for overtaking drivers and/or those coming from the crossing.No doubt a very harsh ticket but I can't see an appeal being allowed.

Salmon #711936 25th Jul 2012 10:32am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
In the pictures, all the cars are parked illegally.
In the latest re-print (2011) of the Highway Code, rule 240 states "You MUST NOT stop or park on...
A road marked with double white lines, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers, or to load or unload goods"

Mark: a solid white line along the side of the road is not a parking prohibition; it simply marks the edge of the carriageway. It's not used where there is a kerb but is usually seen on country roads. It indicates that any area beyond it may not be properly maintained.
Parking restrictions use yellow lines.

Carpe diem.
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
bert1 #711973 25th Jul 2012 2:11pm
Addict
Addict
How can i be treating by the police that if i do not move my car from outside my front door they will do me for obscrution.
When my car is park close to the kerb,there no lines and ive got a driveway being built.I told them they should knock on the door oppsite my house cause it there car that was causing the problem,there guest car was half on pavement half on road.They where not intrested.. am getting fed up with having to move my car when traffic can not get pass....

Uffda #712038 25th Jul 2012 8:49pm
Old Hand
Old Hand
Please do tell which side you were on because if you were on left hand side coming from Moreton (contary to where Salmon assumes) you would have good grounds for appeal on fairness.Cars have always parked there and there is no possible obstruction.
Off subject I attend Evening Charity concerts at Heswall Hall. The only people using the car park at the time are people supporting the particular charity normally a cancer charity.
The council have a man on a little motor scooter patrolling the car park obviously on overtime rates and if a car is a centimetre over a line they get a ticket. This includes events that the mayor is present.

Mark #712502 28th Jul 2012 5:49pm
Uffda Offline OP
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Thanks for all your advice guys, sorry to the late reply but I didn't think anyone was still paying attention to this thread. I was parked pretty much where the silver car is on Mark's photo. I thought that it was a safe place to park as the road widens at this point. I cycle down here regularly and have never found cars parked here as dangerous or an obstruction.
I'm still undecided whether to appeal or not. I also thought that as the white line is not solid on the side of the road that I was parked then any passing car could overtake if necessary, although as it's so wide this isn't really relevant.
Vicky

Originally Posted by Mark
Humm think

The Liverpool bound platform is on the Right Side looking at the picture.

[Linked Image]

There is parking (park and Ride over the crossing on the left), which i'm reading into being the worry for the barriers being down.

Originally Posted by Uffda
On friday I parked outside Leasowe train station (normally use the car park but the barriers were coming down and I didn't want to be late for a meeting in Liverpool. When I got back I found a fixed penalty ticket for unnecessary obstruction (view restricted) on my windscreen. I was on the road (no signs or road marking telling you not to park there) and I really can't see what view I was obstructing. It's the part of Reeds Lane immediately by the Liverpool bound train platform and there were about three cars ahead of me before the barrier who also got tickets.

Humm i missed this bit the bit that say's what the ticket is for.
I found a fixed penalty ticket for unnecessary obstruction (view restricted)

How can a car be an obstruction parked on the right in the layby (cut in) there is as much road on either side with cars on the right. I guess a job's worth trying it on.

Ive had a ticket in the past not there but it makes my blood boil when the distress of an appeal and costs that can be incurred just because of lack of training with a warden.

Imo its not justified and i would go for the appeal and if i won put a big sign up telling any other motorists to appeal as you can win.

Good luck with this one.

After Thought : unnecessary obstruction (view restricted)
Ive walked that crossing, drove over that crossing and cycled over that crossing. And Ive never had my view restricted of the road ahead by any of the cars parked on that side of the road.

All this hot air i'm blowing and were going to find out the car was parked on the left side lol

Uffda #712577 29th Jul 2012 9:29am
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Well if you did park there then, as Rossie says you could have cause to appeal as there are always cars parked there, always have been.I am still confused as to which direction you were coming from. You say you live in Leasowe and the barriers were coming down so I can only think that you parked facing traffic,i.e. you came from Castle end,saw the barriers were coming down so pulled accross the road and parked facing the wrong direction. I know that is an offence at night that is rarely enforced but it is not an offence during daytime.Sounds like the ticketer had a target to meet.

Beginner
Beginner
I know I'm late to the party, but it's possible that the ticket was issued for an obstruction of the view to people pulling out of Rossall Court. Google maps shows this view (just imagine sitting lower). As it's an unnecessary obstruction ticket it could have been issued by the police or council.

Depending on how close you were to the junction would depend on how bad the view to the right would be for a driver pulling out from this road.

[img]http://goo.gl/maps/1q2Sz[/img]

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by DarkArtist
I know I'm late to the party, but it's possible that the ticket was issued for an obstruction of the view to people pulling out of Rossall Court. Google maps shows this view (just imagine sitting lower). As it's an unnecessary obstruction ticket it could have been issued by the police or council.

Depending on how close you were to the junction would depend on how bad the view to the right would be for a driver pulling out from this road.

[img]http://goo.gl/maps/1q2Sz[/img]

Good point,but if that's the case I would draw attention to the same situation on the corner of Danger lane and Hoylake road (you need to be half way out to see past the cars parked on the right hand side) and also the cars parked in front of the garage opposite Orchard road. which have I believe been the cause of a few accidents (I believe these cars are parked there deliberately to slow cars down when leaving the garage, to enable photos to be taken in case they drive off without paying)
I think you'll find quite a few situations now where parking too close to a junction are overlooked until it suits them.

As far as the cars at the garage, before the election I remember a councilor stating that this had been sorted out and yellow lines would be installed,(how long does it take to apply for and have yellow lines installed????)I did notice however, on the day of the election not one car was parked there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,594 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,895 Spotted!