Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,899 guests, and 667 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#689776 2nd May 2012 1:34pm
Kleeloo Offline OP
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place but worth a try.

Ok so am a single parent just turning 24 I have my daughter every day bar weekends when she goes to stay with her dad I'm only on benefits I get 53 a week and 45 of that is used for my gas and electric total rip off. So I thought as my daughter is away on weekends I took it upon myself to get a weekend job in a night club. I was under the influence u do not have to declare working to the social if it was under 16 hours a week. So I started in November and everything was goin great til last week I received a letter saying my benefits where goin to be stopped if I didn't attend an appointment with the social. I attended and was absolutely gob smacked for what they had to say. Apparently you are only aloud to earn the 1st 20 pound from ur wages anything over that will be taking from ur benefits I was eating 50 pound from the night club which I was using to provide food for me and my daughter but apparently I am not aloud to this and only aloud to earn the 20 pound a week so it won't effect by benefits. Am I th only person who finds this a total joke am I single parent being penalised for trying to provide for my daughter. So now I have a total of 8 pound a week for food can u lot tell me your thought on this. I worked out I need to be earning over 1000 pound a month just to live as I left school early with no qualifications there's not a chance I could get a job that pays out so much. So basically am just existing to look after my daughter, if anyone knows of anywhere that is taking on with a good wage I would appreciate it if u could contact me. Sorry for my ranting I just find the whole thing disgusting.

Google Ads
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Kirsty look into working tax credits and ask at the dole what other benefits you are entitled to as I know they can give you plenty of help and top ups when you find a job even a low paid one.
Hope this helps

Newbeee
Newbeee
So let me get this right, you claim benefits for looking after your daughter, you get a job and dont declare it, so you can keep drawing benefits, you get caught and you think the system is disgusting ???

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Hello Kirsty, if you took a low paid job of minimum hours you would get housing benefit, council tax school dinners etc,
you would be better off this way than a high paying job
you will find plenty of weekend work in care homes etc and you will be amazed what you get also child benefit and maintenance not taken into account
its hard on your own but there is help for you go to an advisor at jobcentre or citizens advice
also does the father pay any maintenance?? also he could help out with clothing when he has his daughter at weekends
wish you well....go for it

Kleeloo Offline OP
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
As I said me and many people I know under the influence that u don't have to declare unless ur working over 16 hours as the government says working under 16 hours dosnt effect ur benefits when it clearly does

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Hello Kirsty, if you took a low paid job of minimum hours you would get housing benefit, council tax school dinners etc,
you would be better off this way than a high paying job
you will find plenty of weekend work in care homes etc and you will be amazed what you get also child benefit and maintenance not taken into account
its hard on your own but there is help for you go to an advisor at jobcentre or citizens advice
also does the father pay any maintenance?? also he could help out with clothing when he has his daughter at weekends
wish you well....go for it

Kleeloo Offline OP
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Yes and I am only aloud to earn the first 20 pound anything over willbe takin off by benefits even my advisor told me I'm best leaving the job or get one that pays enough to cover my rent council tax food bills clothes and expences and for the smart ass I didn't get caught if wasn't doin anything wrong I come on here to ask for advice not for a smart ass to tell me I'm doing wrong ok thanks you to the people with useable advice

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
sadly you have to inform them if ANY changes occur to your circumstances, it technically could be classed as benefit fraud.

Tell the dad to pull his finger out an pay for his daughter, thats if he isnt already.

you say you need to earn over 1k a month to live, how is that so?

as you get 53 a week in benefits, so 212 a month, your rent is paid for which for the two of you cant really be over 550 odd and if it is you could get somewhere much cheaper if its just the two of you, plus they pay council tax.

So surely working full time WOULD work out better than being on the dole, maybe not by a huge amount but better than being on the dole

Kleeloo Offline OP
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
That's exactly what I want to do is work full time I have been to the crb and they told me there advice that was not very useful to b honest if I earn over 20 while I'm still on benefits anything over will be takin off housing ect so basically I was goijn to work earning 50 pound a week but really only 20 as I have to pay the shortfall of what they have takin of my benefits

Wise One
Wise One
The benefits in this country are well over the top, it makes me sad to read that someone would go for a low paid job and let the state pay the rest, or even suggest the state pay the rest for that matter, I think the girl who started this IS willing to do an honest days work for good money, I know its wrong to get a job and not declare it, but I cant blame her for wanting the best for her daughter.

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever ...
Wise One
Wise One
the problem you have now is if you quit the job you WILL be sanctioned as its classed as leaving while somebody is willing to employ you!!socondly you cannot get working tax credits unless you work 16 hours or more!!!and people who are making you look bad on this post haven't got a clue,people need to get there heads from up their arse and realise when somebody is trying to do whats best for their kids!!!if they do stop your money there is a thing called "hardship payments"that you can claim,even tho the job centre probably wont tell you that!!ask the nightclub if they can give you 16 hrs so you can claim working tax credits!!i take it you are already in reciept of child tax credits and child allowance?

Kleeloo Offline OP
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Oh right I have never heard of that before well Luckily my benefits haven't been stopped cause I didn't earn over 2000 from my employer so it's not fraud I was just over paid by 30 pound a week and most of the people on here trying to make me look bad probably haven't the slightest clue what it's like to be living on so little and probably never suffered hardship that's why there so quick to judge me I couldn't give a f... About what u think I know I'm a better person than u could ever be because if someone asked me for advice I wouldn't make them look bad I would give them every bit of helpful information I knew thanks to the helpful people much appreciated smile

Smartchild
Smartchild
How old is your daughter?

I was a single mum from 18, having left school at 12 I went back to do an english exam at 16 and passed, when my kids (who are now 18 + 16) were young I would rely on friends to have them whilst I went to work...in crappy underpaid jobs, once they were in school full time I went back to college and got myself some computing skills, a lot of hard work and time later I am now a department manager, and I also have a 2 year old...there is a light at the end of the tunnel...you just have to plod on through, and ignore the people who have a go...if you know you're doing your best then that's good enough...what would they know?? xxx

As for benefits, if you work a minimum 16 hours you will be entitled to child tax credits, working tax credits, housing benefits, council tax benefits and free school meals.

Kleeloo Offline OP
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
My daughter is 5 in July

And it's sad really I don't trust my family with my daughter after what I went through as a child so she really has only got me her dad and his parents and they all work through the week then she stays with them at a weekend.
So it's me and her through the week I do voluntary a few hours a week to gain the experience I want but still no look on any job offers I am considering going to college but will have to find a course that runs during school hours or allows me to bring my work home it's very hard trying to get things done during school hours but I am defiantly considering college think it's my only option xxx

Newbeee
Newbeee
Sorry, i do know what its like to be skint, me and the wife have brought our 2 kids up on not a lot of money, we have taken shitty jobs and not expected everyone else to pay for our kids, its called standing on your own 2 feet and taking responsibility for your own actions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am