WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,360
Posts1,033,313
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (3 invisible), 9,897 guests, and 453 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
Wirral waters
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:07am
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by hootmeil - 4th Apr 2024 1:15pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

Hands up how many wiki drivers have passed an IAM or ROSPA test ?
I personally know of 2 on here. Anymore ?

OK, I'm one of them. I first passed IAM in 1970, which of course means little. I prefer RoSPA which you have to re-take every three years, which I've now done four times. More importantly than either of them, I've passed the 2 1/2 day course for membership of the High Performance Club.
I do try to be aware of what's happening all around me at all times; even so, I realise it's always possible to miss something, and you just have to hope that it's nothing vital.

Carpe diem.
Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by chriskay
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

Hands up how many wiki drivers have passed an IAM or ROSPA test ?
I personally know of 2 on here. Anymore ?

OK, I'm one of them. I first passed IAM in 1970, which of course means little. I prefer RoSPA which you have to re-take every three years, which I've now done four times. More importantly than either of them, I've passed the 2 1/2 day course for membership of the High Performance Club.
I do try to be aware of what's happening all around me at all times; even so, I realise it's always possible to miss something, and you just have to hope that it's nothing vital.

Hats off Chris, high performance one sounds interesting ?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Yes, the HPC is a lot of fun. The course is very demanding: done in your own car, two days road driving and half a day on a track learning about limit handling. If you satisfy your instructor, you can join the club. It has its own insurance policy which allows you to drive another member's car, fully comp. This is fun because there's some pretty exotic machinery in the club; probably more Porsches than any other make. There's even a McLaren F1. Had a couple of fun trips to the Nürburgring and quite a few other great driving trips.

Carpe diem.
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by chriskay
Yes, the HPC is a lot of fun. The course is very demanding: done in your own car, two days road driving and half a day on a track learning about limit handling. If you satisfy your instructor, you can join the club. It has its own insurance policy which allows you to drive another member's car, fully comp. This is fun because there's some pretty exotic machinery in the club; probably more Porsches than any other make. There's even a McLaren F1. Had a couple of fun trips to the Nürburgring and quite a few other great driving trips.

Quality Chris, bet the F1

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by CVCVCV

99.9% of Car drivers have zero consideration for anyone else on the road let alone people on bikes that they treat as if they are invisible.

Thats incorrect CV as i look out for bikers, i used to ride a bike everywhere until i got into cars so i know whats it`s like.

I have a lot of consideration for bikers and so do quite a few people i know.
OK, make it 90-something% then...! LOL (I've been told a zillion times, not to exaggerate...!)

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Not sure what happened there Chris, bet the F1 is a scream mate been in a few gallardo's etc but nothing has a take off like a db9s, spin up into 3rd gear, power is immense

Would love a go in an new mp4 12c, cracking looking motor

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
IAM trained and qualified

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Haha bikers can talk, the way they weave through traffic (stationary and moving) as though everyone should instantly move out of their way because they're on a bike, cutting people up left right and centre etc...

You see, bikers don't like it when people make blanket statements, but there is a hell of a LOT of bikers who don't give a flying fook about the roads around them, the difference being they "are" more alert, but they "choose" to put themselves in stupid situations, by doing wreckless/cheeky manoeuvres etc...

Tbh, the standard of driving from both car and motorbike drivers these days, is to be blunt, appalling, especially during the rush hour, I just don't understand why they don't set off 3 minutes or 5 minutes earlier, instead of having to race and cut everyone up to make it to work on time. I set off for work 10 minutes earlier than I have to, and have never been late. It's no chore to me, it's better to be a bit early than to be late and die trying imho.

So regardless of age, gender, vehicle etc, everyone should drive more safely, but it won't happen. If it's not arsehole chavs who want to race everyone, it's ditzy women with their minds on other things, if it's not pensioners pulling out of junctions without noticing there is traffic and then proceeding at a Sunday church-run pace, it's white-van drivers just cutting everyone up blah blah blah... I was on the A41 a few days ago up by Christleton about 07:00 and my god, a bin lorry pulled over and a fecking bus/coach (I kid you not) pulled out into oncomng traffic (who were doing 50mph) to overtake him. Then all the cheeky barstard behind him followed like a snake, meanwhile the flood of traffic with the right of way, had to do an emergency stop pretty much and wait for all the cheeky barstard to clear!!

Then you have the arseholes who frequent the likes of Mount Road etc, shit themselves if the speedo hits 40, so when it's busy your stuck behind them doing pathetic speeds, and as soon as it hits a 30 limit/built-up area etc, they continue doing 40 and gradually fly away from ya, wtf!!!

Personally, I always try to move closer to the kerb to let bikes overtake, and keep an eye on mirrors at lights etc, as your supposed to do lets face it, but this notion that bikers are somehow saints and cars are all ..., is out of order; bikers doing 100+ down the Welsh Road, across the lights at Two Mills, even though they should know full-well the timing of those lights is pathetic to say the least, are hardly saints.

Drivers need a reality check, is it really worth risking yours and other peoples lives just to save 2 seconds? And I'm sorry, but all the training in the world will not help you, if you refuse to apply common sense/consider the safety of yourself and others.

Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
but this notion that bikers are somehow saints and cars are all ..., is out of order

Whoa there, not what I was saying and neither was anyone else.

There are just as many idiot drivers out there as there are idiot bikers. The difference is, on a bike you are dead in a small incident that a car would come off with just a scratch.

I personally think everyone who drives, should ride for a bit it would make them a much better driver.

As for ditzy women, there are just as many ignorant men, would you like me to tell you just how many people I see just on my short journey to work everyday, mostly men in vans by the way, on their phones while taking corners at speed???????

Yes old people do seem to drive slow and dangerous sometimes, this is why we all need to be aware!!

I have a bad incident and I wanted to just remind people that there are genuine normal people out there on bikes/scooters whatever who are just mums or dads on their way to work, not boy racers, and not doing anything dangerous and just look out for bikes, because about 75% of bike incidents are caused by people not looking, hence the campaigns to raise awareness of this.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Sallybear
The difference is, on a bike you are dead in a small incident that a car would come off with just a scratch.

And this being the reason I will never ride a motorbike. Bikes just offer no protection from the total idiots on the road.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
see i made a similar thread about people with more pricey cars driving like ar*eholes where cyclists are concerned but all i got was a load of abuse from drivers.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/670799/indicators.html#Post670799 <- link

Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by jawide
see i made a similar thread about people with more pricey cars driving like ar*eholes where cyclists are concerned but all i got was a load of abuse from drivers.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/670799/indicators.html#Post670799 <- link

Probably because it was verbal diarrhea

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Bloody nuisance pensioners driving at the speed limit, what barstewards they are.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
Originally Posted by Sallybear
The difference is, on a bike you are dead in a small incident that a car would come off with just a scratch.

And this being the reason I will never ride a motorbike. Bikes just offer no protection from the total idiots on the road.

Me neither. No way. Especially after seeing a very dead biker lying on lane 3 of the m53 one morning back in january. It has made me look out more for the suicidal few that still ride them though.

I find a lot of car drivers push past learners on scooters and small bikes but don't do it if its a big bike just like this clip youtube Just watch it and see who you think was in the wrong Mr Jag man or the Scooter rider

Last edited by GixerAde; 5th Mar 2012 6:40pm.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 8:57pm
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,118 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,115 Spotted!