Bought flea treatment for the mutts: and the guidelines say 'keep treated dogs away from cats for 72 hrs'. Is this a bit o.t.t?? Do we literally need to keep the cat isolated from the dogs. I know the risk is DEATH, apparantley but is that just by ingestion....or inhalation....,or what???
What does 'do not expose a cat to'....actually mean?
those products are intended for the treatment of fleas and ticks in dogs only. They contain permethrin
, a substance that is safe for dogs but causes a toxic reaction in cats when present in spot on products, due to its concentration. Cats treated with even small amounts of spot on products containing permethrin, or allowed to groom dogs treated with any of the spot on products, can develop nervous signs such as depression, drooling, tremors, seizures, vomiting and staggering, and can die.
Dont let the cat touch the dog in anyway at all..god knows why this chemical is in the treatments at all if it's so toxic..I wouldnt use anything like that on my dogs to be honest hun..