Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,238 guests, and 440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#651080 12th Jan 2012 8:43pm
Snodvan Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
I had a daft dream last night (climbing a tree in BHead park to collect figs) - and often I have dreams with a recurring theme (lions). I guess there are folk on Wiki who are "into" dream interpretaions - be they serious or wackey - but to my surprise the search facility did not highlight any such threads.

So I am starting one.

I am sure there will be folk who will comment on my dream of last night and the recurring theme of lions

I am then equally sure that others will want to post about THEIR dreams

There yer go !!

Snod

5 Precepts of Buddhism seem appropriate. Refrain from taking life. Refrain from taking that which is not given. Refrain from misconduct. Refrain from lying. Refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness
Google Ads
Snodvan #651115 12th Jan 2012 9:28pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
My interpretation of a dream about figs is that you'll be going on a date soon!!

Snodvan #651126 12th Jan 2012 9:48pm
T
The_Riddler
Unregistered
The_Riddler
Unregistered
T
To dream that you are climbing a tree signifies achievement of your career goals and attainment of higher positions in life. The speed at which you climb the tree will parallel the speed of your achievement of these goals

To see or eat figs in your dream represent a positive turn of events. Figs are also often associated with sex, conception and eroticism.

as for lions

To see a lion in your dream symbolizes great strength, courage, aggression and power. You will overcome some of your emotional difficulties. As king of the jungle, the lion also represents dignity, royalty, leadership, pride and domination. You have much influence over others. You also need to exercise some restraint in your own personal and social life.

To dream that you are attacked by a lion suggests that a force may be driving you to self-destruction. You need overcome these challenges and obstacles.

To see a black lion in your dream represents a negative force. You are using your position of power for evil

Snodvan #651134 12th Jan 2012 10:06pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Okay, let's see how you interpret this one.

I'm driving along a road I know well in Wales, I know the road and where I am in the road (it's actually made me quite wary when i reach that point) I know which car I am in and I know it's late evening as my car headlights are on.

Suddenly it starts to get dark in front of me as though the lights are slowly going out.

I look in the rear view mirror and there is a "hooded" figure carrying a scythe (the typical Death figure) running down the road behind me (trying to catch up), as I look forward there is nothing, not just darkness there is a complete absence of light.

Within a millisecond I've realised that I've fell asleep whilst I'm driving and I'm dead....

The next millisecond I'm awake at home in bed with the biggest heartbeat of my life threaten to break through my chest wall.

Have fun.

Snodvan #651154 12th Jan 2012 10:31pm
T
The_Riddler
Unregistered
The_Riddler
Unregistered
T
to dream that you are driving at night suggests that you are unsure of where you are headed in life. You are experiencing obstacles toward your goals. Perhaps you do not want to see what is ahead for you or you are afraid to confront certain issues. You may be feeling apprehensive about the future.

To see a car's headlights in your dream indicate your inability to look beyond the past. You are dwelling on old issues. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are being caught off guard or caught by surprised as in a "deer in the headlights."
If your headlights are on high beam, then it means that you are forcing your opinions and views on others.

To see a hood in your dream signifies that you are hiding and cowering from a person or situation. You or someone may be deceitful about something. Consider also the saying, "having the hood pulled over your eyes".

To see or use a scythe in your dream suggests that you need to cut out some of the excess and needless things in your life. Perhaps you need to "cut back" on spending, smoking, eating, gambling or some other habit. Alternatively, the scythe is symbolic of death or the end of something. The dream may also be a metaphor that you are feeling "cut off" or isolated.

To dream that you are running away from someone indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears.

To dream that you are sleeping denotes peace of mind. Alternatively, it means that you are ignorant of the conditions and circumstances around you. If you are sleeping with a stranger, then it suggests that you are avoiding some issue or situation that is being symbolized by the stranger. Perhaps you are refusing to recognize a negative or hidden aspect of yourself. Sleeping may also be synonymous with death in that it beckons renewal and new beginnings.

To see someone sleeping in your dream is a reflection of yourself and your own unconscious mind. It is telling you that you may not be alert or informed about a particular situation.

Snodvan #651179 12th Jan 2012 10:52pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Interesting reply, just to clarify one point, I didn't dream I was sleeping, it was at the realisation that I had fallen asleep at the wheel that I woke up..

I can look at this in three ways now, please don't offence I do appreciate your reply.

I can say oh yes that's me and look at how parts of my life fit into that.

I can say no that's not true I have no problems like that, to which you would say that is why these appear in dreams as my conscious mind does not want to face them.

I could also say that interpretations are so vague and all encompassing that the one you have given could fit the life of every single person here and therefore are nothing but Hokum or Barnum statements. Right now I'm not sure

Thank you for your time though.

Snodvan #651207 12th Jan 2012 11:19pm
T
The_Riddler
Unregistered
The_Riddler
Unregistered
T
Don't thank me thank google and dream meaning wink

Snodvan #651221 12th Jan 2012 11:33pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
I still think my interpretation of figs is best. :-)

#651342 13th Jan 2012 9:28am
Snodvan Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by The_Riddler
To dream that you are climbing a tree signifies achievement of your career goals and attainment of higher positions in life. The speed at which you climb the tree will parallel the speed of your achievement of these goals

To see or eat figs in your dream represent a positive turn of events. Figs are also often associated with sex, conception and eroticism.

as for lions

To see a lion in your dream symbolizes great strength, courage, aggression and power. You will overcome some of your emotional difficulties. As king of the jungle, the lion also represents dignity, royalty, leadership, pride and domination. You have much influence over others. You also need to exercise some restraint in your own personal and social life.

To dream that you are attacked by a lion suggests that a force may be driving you to self-destruction. You need overcome these challenges and obstacles.

To see a black lion in your dream represents a negative force. You are using your position of power for evil

Hey Riddler, this sounds FUN

Achievement of career goals - yep, I retired at the top of my profession in a (very narrow) technical field. Even 10 years after retirement from mainstream I get calls to do consultancy work (often in relatively exotic lands).

I was not eating the figs - I was picking them and throwing them to someone down below. I do like figs though (stewed gently in water and natural cane sugar until it goes all syrupy). I like the link to eroticism and sex but at may age and benefit of the surgeon the conception bit is out!

The lions (always natural sand colour, not black) are not unfriendly at all, almost the opposite in fact. They are always very close by.

In days of travelling (S.Africa) I have been close up to lions ie me in an open Landy while the lions were just lounging in the sun 25 ft away. On the decent game reserves this is quite safe. The lions there are all 'locals' and the wardens know them all by name (and what they had for dinner and when). The lions have been brought up knowing the big green noisy "animals" ie the open Land Rovers, represent no threat at all so they totally ignore them.

Cheers Snod

5 Precepts of Buddhism seem appropriate. Refrain from taking life. Refrain from taking that which is not given. Refrain from misconduct. Refrain from lying. Refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness
FiremanFil #651344 13th Jan 2012 9:31am
Snodvan Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
I still think my interpretation of figs is best. :-)

Maybe, but the Mrs would not approve

Snod

Snodvan #651346 13th Jan 2012 9:37am
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I am then equally sure that others will want to post about THEIR dreams
Snod[/quote]

Over the years I have had lucid dreams(the ones you get when you are half awake, some of which you can be part of an adventure or on a journey).

Once when I had to make an important decision I kept waking up as the words 'Go to Willaston', which I thought was strange.
Kept thinking about it, and it became clear that I should have a will of stone, and not change my mind, which as it turns out was the correct choice.

Snodvan #651403 13th Jan 2012 12:41pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
I once dreamt continuously that I had written "Lord of the Rings". The doc said I must've been Tolkien in my sleep!!

Snodvan #657910 24th Jan 2012 7:13pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny #658006 24th Jan 2012 10:22pm
So (bear in mind I am a weak swimmer), most nights I dream of water - I am in a room/boat/river bank being flooded, I am in a boat that is sinking (no cruise comments please!!), but the weird thing is that I'm not scared or threatened - big waves (no 'white horses', just rollers), and loads of wildlife (my interest - dolphins, otters, whales). And then there's the house, I'm getting to know it quite well now, I know the layout, the area, the valley it's built in (with the occasional flood smile ) . I had a bad experience learning to swim, those I trusted let go and I saw my breath bubbling to the surface ..... (curse you school pals!!) . So, peculiar or what. The really odd thing is the entire lack of fear - I really am not a confident swimmer.

Last edited by Samsamsam; 24th Jan 2012 10:25pm.

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am