WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
4 members (2 invisible), 10,063 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

It amazes me that kids have a £xxx mobile phone yet don't seem to have the money for a £3 calculator.

The kids need to practice using a calculator that they can use in exams, not a mobile phone.

withthat on both counts grin

><((((*> <*))))><
Google Ads
dave_h #648750 8th Jan 2012 9:06pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by dave_h
whats wrong with putting hand up, explaining to the teacher and asking can i use my fone, teacher would probably lend one...

can get calculators for less than a £1 these days that would fit into a blazer pocket!!!

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
How on earth did this thread go from a warning about an undesirable approaching school kids to bloody calculators and teachers taking mobiles off kids raftl

They shouldn't have their mobiles at school if that is the rule, pure and simple!! No amount of moaning about it is going to change the school rules. If you don't like it, move your kids to a school where they allow mobiles in class. As for the detentions, when I was at school there was no warning - you got it that day, end of!

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wench #649113 9th Jan 2012 3:02pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
withthat

Wench #649179 9th Jan 2012 7:24pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by Wench
How on earth did this thread go from a warning about an undesirable approaching school kids to bloody calculators and teachers taking mobiles off kids raftl

They shouldn't have their mobiles at school if that is the rule, pure and simple!! No amount of moaning about it is going to change the school rules. If you don't like it, move your kids to a school where they allow mobiles in class. As for the detentions, when I was at school there was no warning - you got it that day, end of!

We had detention same day and then when we got home late and asked why by parents we got punished then too!!!!
Never had mobiles back then either, maths was always worked out in the head or on paper (not a screen!!) If i remember we used to get extra marks for SHOWING the working out!!

IF IT HAS A HOSE THEN IM YOUR MAN

BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
its like every thread here they go off topic into gen chat wench

ALWAYS REMEMBER BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU:::::::: Have a nice day and an even better one tomorrow
wtf is up with you people ? we`ve got serious concerns and numerous incidents of some dirty scumbag trying
2 grab young girls(and determined 2 do so judging by the amount of attempts in past few weeks) and the only way this info is being put out is by the parents/family/schools telling us there is a paedo lurking `alert`, and the response is for `grown adults` 2 read about a 12yr old girl using a calculator in school then see that as being more alarming (enough 2 start being a keyboard warrior and ripping into how bad she is using a calc in maths) u lot for fkn real or what ????? but an attempted child abductor trying 2 lure kids is nothing 2 have an attack on is beyond me !!! id sooner have a child needing a little help with maths in our society than shallow ignorant `adults`that would sooner attack than protect our children!!!!

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
The issue, Lashs, is that the thread went off topic from someone posting about their grandchild having their mobile took off them and it spiralled from there, hence my question.

I doubt anyone is saying that it's not serious. Unfortunately it's just the nature of the site lately I'm afraid frown

I have to say though, if the "alert" is being conveyed to parents by the schools then they should already know about it. People like myself, who thankfully don't have kids, wouldn't have the first clue of what's going on in and around schools so not sure what use it is to me personally as I don't hang round schools, if that makes sense.

Hope that helps a little.

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
well i have 3 an this must be about the 8th incident in last 4-5 weeks now and it seems most schools have been sending letters except woodchurch were my 3go and i had it down as storys wen 1st heard because something so serious would surely b 1st priority 2warn parents i thought but still nothing ! i had 2 hear frim facebook friends and family (all ppl i know) and here ! AND BEFORE ANYONE starts gettin hyped up about the facebook tittletattlin fake storys two seperate incidents withina week of each other tryin 2 grab 2 diff schoolgirls into a car (i know both well) within yards of wer im living (beechwood) and the rest are the terrified girls parents themselves reporting 2 keep children close all have similar description, have tried grabbing into car or masterbating at them !(girls from 9yrs old to 16yrs old) and every single one has been reported to police and all told to not poblicly post as it may hamper there investigations of catching him ! only reason other parents are now telling this is because after this many timesand reading the same storys of other parents its not looking like there getting any closer 2 catching him and meanwhile its still going on and parents are complaining thechildren are being used as bait and theres no police presence!sorry to rant on but everytime my daughter leaves the house and new incidents are arising its constant fear because sooner or later hes go
ing to actually succeed and wtf can we do to stop it b4 then ?

lemonhead #649668 10th Jan 2012 11:40am
Newbeee
Newbeee
The annoying thing about all this is that there is no publicity about it,my daughter was followed to her front door,scared to go out incase he was waiting for her,and what did the police do.....tell her to get a panic alarm! This was back in August and i am certain this man struck again in December.The description of this man was vague but on both occasions he was wearing paint splattered trousers,aged approx 30 and struck around 4pm. I am thinking this piece of ... is maybe working as a decorator and is striking after he finishes work? I would be interested to hear of anyone elses descriptions of him.

Last edited by cezza; 10th Jan 2012 11:50am.
lashs #649679 10th Jan 2012 12:42pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by lashs
i had 2 hear frim facebook

This is what causes people to develop paranoia like yours. People aren't lurking around every corner to eat your kids.

person 1: A friend of mine said hi to my kid when the kid left the playground!
person 2: A guy was spotted talking to a child outside a playground
person 3: PERVERTS TRYING TO STEAL CHILDREN FROM PLAYGROUNDS OMFG PANICPANICPANICPANIC

There's a reason police say 'don't post this on facebook' and it's not the 'it will interfere with enquiries' answer that they peddle. It's to stop people like you writing posts like yours and spreading bullshit over facebook because it causes panic and a false sense of insecurity.

-----
ex0__ #650385 11th Jan 2012 7:32am
well i will go as far as to back u up on that one ..........ONLY if you can take the place and the fear of the next lil girl ha attempts maybe evn succeeds as the next victim ! you seem too ignorant 2 be a parent as this involves keeping your child away frm danger & even without any other details NO parent would take any chances overlooking a danger like this !! basic parenting btw!!read what i said THE FACTS ARE - these are friends family and people in the community or see daily !!!u got the wrong one this time Gullible2 all the fbook fairytales i guarantee i AINT !!!!police have the reports of ALL the incidents am referring to !! phone an find out yourself b4 down playing a risk 2 children your bein ignorant as fk to !! facebook is Metioned solely becouse-I happened 2 be online wen my mother-in-law alerted me 2 this and also the information supplied by a writer for the wirral globe!!....next are ppl i have known since school days hence most of my life! 2 of these separate incidents have came from 1 is a v.close neighbor/friends daughter(15yr old victim) not even a week later was a 14yr old he exposed to and tried 2 grab into car outside her own house (next road away from me) also a family member has pointed me towards 2very fuming parents whose both daughters are now terrified 2leave house alone !....another is a girl i have grown up with frm age of 7 AND currently helping the parents publicize this and get answers from police wanting 2 know wy the fk he is still on streets an they have no progress in catching him yet continue 2 tell parents of girls 2 kp it on a low in case it interferes with investigations and sends hjm in2 hiding....)il fill in further facts 2debunk Ur arrogant opinions if needs be Ask! ¬¬¬ furthermore this is trying 2 be raised by parents (descriptions.,dates.times*s& locations)because it is failing 2 reach other parents at the very few schools left that have nor yet alerted parents although neighboring schools have !u seem 2 love a need 2be standing out in a topic that's about highlighting repeated attempts at abducting or attacking children(ALL of whom have a police report/log CONFIRMING THIS if i werent online i wouldnt evn be aware, just as many arent HENCE the parents sharing these posts all they can seeing as police arent atm! when its our kids being used as the bait tho wit no police presence ...its called being RESPONSIBLE!!!

Newbeee
Newbeee
I cannot believe some of the negative comments on this thread!!

No dis respect to you exo however I don't understand your comments on this thread, if you don't feel the need to be aware of these now 'FACTS' then why read and comment? Why not just pass on this thread.
I understand some people go into overdrive and possible panic however My daughters school is one that has yet to make parents aware over these police reports and I'm very grateful to fb and Wiki for making me aware!! I have not gone into panic as I don't let my daughter out of my sight as she is only 8 but I see children of her age and younger walking to and from school and would hope these rumours/facts would make parents think twice about allowing this. I for one would much rather people 'panic' or at least be aware and not be so apathetic, than hear of an awful happening. As for the crime rate not changing and it being the same as years ago...Who cares!! Any number of crime and awful happenings are bad to hear about!!
I again would like to thank these people of making me aware.

My worry is more so why the police/schools aren't alerting every school and parents in these areas, as it could make these parents who (for whatever reason)allow their children to walk alone, think twice and therefore preventing any awful happenings.

Prevention and panic is much better than a family losing a treasured member or other children losing a best friend and causing massive heartache and anger in the community.

This is not meant to cause any arguments or dis respect to anyone, this is just my opinion. Emma

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Because they aren't facts. It's worried parents egging on other worried parents, and the person above you that doesn't know what punctuation is admitted as much. It does more harm than good.

-----
lemonhead #650415 11th Jan 2012 11:29am
Addict
Addict
If you're telling your kid to not talk to strangers and avoid walking alone or down back alleys in the dark then you're doing the best you can, there is nothing else you can do to try and avoid having them go off with a potential paedophile (which I think are far less common than is made out). Also, it's a good idea to not let your kid out after 9pm.

I'm not a parent, but I know schools and the police are alerting parents and kids to the risks of 'talking to strangers'. I remember police coming into school nearly every year to lecture us on it, it's one lesson that stuck in my head growing up.

I think parents are worrying too much, because
a) kids aren't stupid and are overly aware of the thread of a paedophile,
b) you have to consider the amount of planning a potential paedophile would have to do to actually snatch a kid (including consideration of the high possibility of getting caught thanks to passing cars, other people, CCTV, etc),
c) there's a tiny fraction of paedophiles out there than the Daily Mail makes out, and I bet a fraction of that that actually wants to steal your kid on the way home from school,
d) Apart from the few high-profile cases where a kid has been taken (and raped/killed/etc), cases where someone's child has been kidnapped are rare, and the press loves to cover this type of thing.

I don't think parents have anything to worry about, and you're turning society into something that's terrified of the slightest noise outside your window at night. Every single posting on here that claims this is a massive threat to your children is just the same scaremongering.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,244 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,362 Spotted!