Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
What do you all think of these ignorant bosses who don't reply to job applications?

As regards what I think of them - well, my words be so vehemently angry as to be just unprintable here! But you all know what I mean, don't you?

Ignorant shower, these HR bosses!

Google Ads
Wise One
Wise One
Although there's too many people chasing too few jobs at the moment, they do seem to be particularly bad for it around here. I moved back around to the Wirral about 5 years ago because I thought the local economy had picked up, however recent economic events have wiped all those gains out, and were left with something resembling the dark days of the early eighties, (with the added ignominy of a new, younger, right-wing working class spouting idioms that would make a nazi blush). With the wonders of hindsight, I should have stayed put and just visited the family at Christmas.

Even before now I've always been amazed at the callousness of some employers around here, treating their staff with utter contempt and constantly trying to rip them off, safe in the knowledge that if somebody doesn't like the pay or working conditions, there's plenty of other people desperate to lose the stigma of 'dole ...', who'll try to do the work.

I know this from personal experience when I went from being an in demand head chef and area manager in Bristol, to being a burger flippin' minimum wage monkey on merseyside practically overnight. Some places seem to just accept their recruitment policy looking like a giant revolving door as the norm. They haven't realised that the absolute finest asset a company can have is good staff... they get frustrated, their employees get frustrated, their customers get shoddy service and basically nobody wins. The people who stand on the sidelines and jeer 'boo hoo' and 'a job's a job' don't help as they're undermining all the workers around them, and although it may not be immediately apparent, ultimately their own power in the job market.

I was going to write you a quick paragraph to cheer you up, but I seem to be standing on my soapbox, I'll get down now. Chin up, something will come along soon.

Last edited by Shambo; 29th Oct 2011 6:26am. Reason: fat fingers
Smartchild
Smartchild
Here we go again another string of rants over your experiences in the jobs market, sorry but have you ever thought it might actually be your attitude that is preventing employers from taking you on?

Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Here we go again another string of rants over your experiences in the jobs market, sorry but have you ever thought it might actually be your attitude that is preventing employers from taking you on?

withthat
and breeeaath

[Linked Image]
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
Guardian
Guardian
Originally Posted by Shambo

Even before now I've always been amazed at the callousness of some employers around here, treating their staff with utter contempt and constantly trying to rip them off, safe in the knowledge that if somebody doesn't like the pay or working conditions, there's plenty of other people desperate to lose the stigma of 'dole ...', who'll try to do the work.

I know this from personal experience when I went from being an in demand head chef and area manager in Bristol, to being a burger flippin' minimum wage monkey on merseyside practically overnight. Some places seem to just accept their recruitment policy looking like a giant revolving door as the norm. They haven't realised that the absolute finest asset a company can have is good staff... they get frustrated, their employees get frustrated, their customers get shoddy service and basically nobody wins. The people who stand on the sidelines and jeer 'boo hoo' and 'a job's a job' don't help as they're undermining all the workers around them, and although it may not be immediately apparent, ultimately their own power in the job market.

Spot on there Shambo. Although Jobneeded's constant posting is quite tiring it does underline a deeper problem. The labour market is so much in favour of business as opposed to workers. This is bad for society. And Thatcher and the Tories' wet dream.

People should stand up for each other, demand better wages and conditions for ourselves and future generations. Stop coming out with crap like "a jobs a job" etc. Join a Trade Union or political movement fighting for a better world. The Anti-capitalist movement in St Paul's Square in London is a good start.

We should stop being sheep and stand up together. Get off your knees Britain.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
WHAT???? "My attitude"?? You're joking, aren't you?

On the contrary, it is the attitude of the EMPLOYERS who are making it difficult to get a job. They don't reply, they are too fussy, inconsiderate, etc.

I could go on, but I don't want to run the risk of irking the Bee-in-bonnet Brigade again.

I can take comfort in the fact that most unemployed and right-thinking people sympathise with my case, and thankfully those who shout down people like me are in the minority!

Last edited by Jobneeded67; 29th Oct 2011 10:24am.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
WHAT???? "My attitude"?? You're joking, aren't you?

On the contrary, it is the attitude of the EMPLOYERS who are making it difficult to get a job. They don't reply, they are too fussy, inconsiderate, etc.

I could go on, but I don't want to run the risk of irking the Bee-in-bonnet Brigade again.

I can take comfort in the fact that most unemployed and right-thinking people sympathise with my case, and thankfully those who shout down people like me are in the minority!

I've got a job for you.........get a job! Look at the job center web site, new shops opening, Christmas Jobs......stop moaning.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Hi Shambo. Thanks for your comments. It's reassuring to know that you are one of the vast majority of people who sympathise with my case - unlike the minority here, who seem to think that if you say the slightest thing about the misery of being jobless, you are an unnecessary moaner (which is an utterly STUPID line to take).

I agree with you that Wirral is particularly bad for unemployment, and don't blame you for wanting to move away from the place. Jobs here are like gold. I would like to get out of the poverty hole here myself, but there is the problem of finding suitable accommodation and which area to go to improve my chances of a job. Being unemployed day in and day out is absolute HELL, and it is particularly bad with Christmas fast approaching and you have no money to buy presents etc.

These narrow-minded individuals on here who spout utter claptrap that it is MY ATTITUDE that is putting off employers want to get real and start looking around them, assimilate the true dire situation in this area. These people obviously have little understanding of what it is like to be out of work, and trying every day and night for a job, and meeting with either knock backs or no replies at all. They should listen to what good, right-thinking people like yourself have to say about unemployment, instead of being so quick to [censored] off a genuine, sensible, decent jobseeker. Anyway, enough said on those narrow-minded individuals, as the more I think about them, the more angry I get.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply. It was much appreciated.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
raftl ahahahahaaaaa

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
I agree wholeheartedly with Jobneeded67 but I don't so much mind the lack of replies but do object to being strung along for weeks told a load of bullshit, so much so that I do all I can to avoid dealing or contributing to these concerns I speak primarily of a certain outfit now operating in New Brighton. As luck would have it I now have a better position with a rival and guess what they will enjoy the benefits of my loyalty, effort and experience.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
With you 100% mate. I've noticed it's the same little group who just can't help but make negative comments. Good luck with the job hunting mate and just ignore the negatives.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Before you start jumping to misconceived and shallow conclusions again about my job hunting misery, I suggest you take some time to read this article about the mass amount of applicants for the Royal Mail jobs:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/more-80-000-apply-xmas-mail-jobs-064008196.htm

FACT (as Simon Cowell would say).

You would be well advised to pay particular attention to the post by Worked F'r Me!

Thank you.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Thanks, Pepper_Head. Again, it's good to know that the majority of right-thinking people agree with my points.

I just posted a very interesting news item on the huge amount of applicants for the Royal Mail jobs. Here is the link:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/more-80-000-apply-xmas-mail-jobs-064008196.html

I suggested to those narrow-minded who are too quick to shout down genuine unemployed people to read this article and assimilate the dire reality it conveys.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
post office four apply for one job = not that many!

When I employed in Birkenhead we had 80+ applicatnts for one job & no I didn't reply to every single one but I did keep them on file.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Cheers. Very glad to hear you got a job. I wish you well for the future. You certainly deserve it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am